Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 318 of 579
dougang287
Denym
It's been a year since we had our colour appt everything takes so long

a year?!?! Why so long

Cos coral admin is useless! Initial tender July 2015, we signed the contracts in October 15, weren't submitted to council till December 15 and our start date was 12th May and we still arnt finished.. tomorrow is our end of contract date

Ryalls_first_build
Skyepie
Ryalls_first_build
[quote="vonsta76"]Oh my gosh hate to say it ryalls, but yes fight to have them re-do it. Its glaringly obvious

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406

Sh!tty hey Von! Yep the more I think of it the more annoyed I get! I paid an extra $4500 worth of laying costs.. they can keep that cr@p, Even if it means my mother sends me to the nut house for an extra week lol

Meeting booked with SS for 11am tomorrow.. I'm dreading it already!

Yikes!! I have done the same as you... kept the tiles the same to have it flow into the wet areas. I hope this doesn't happen to me, but if it did I'd be jumping up and down!!!
Whhhhyyyyy??? Did that tradesman even think

Oh god knows!!! Have you returned your beaumont tiles paperwork yet? They told me if it specifically said grout lines must line up then they would do it.. of course i didnt know to specify this - thought it was common sense!

If not hopefully your ss is reasonable and lets you discuss with the tiler prior to laying.

The joy of cheap labour... you get what you pay for.. Pity thats not what i paid for!!!

[/quote]
That's good to know I will definitely check in that! Thank you.
I agree with what another poster has said, once the grout is finished it may not be as obvious. It just may be that little something that gives your home a touch of character. I understand you would be rather annoyed though... as you deserve to be. I guess u have all this to look out for! (Praise this forum for the heads up on all the possibilities that good go wrong)

Skyepie
Ryalls_first_build
Skyepie
[quote="Ryalls_first_build"][quote="vonsta76"]Oh my gosh hate to say it ryalls, but yes fight to have them re-do it. Its glaringly obvious

Sh!tty hey Von! Yep the more I think of it the more annoyed I get! I paid an extra $4500 worth of laying costs.. they can keep that cr@p, Even if it means my mother sends me to the nut house for an extra week lol

Yikes!! I have done the same as you... kept the tiles the same to have it flow into the wet areas. I hope this doesn't happen to me, but if it did I'd be jumping up and down!!!

Oh god knows!!! Have you returned your beaumont tiles paperwork yet? They told me if it specifically said grout lines must line up then they would do it.. of course i didnt know to specify this - thought it was common sense!

If not hopefully your ss is reasonable and lets you discuss with the tiler prior to laying.

The joy of cheap labour... you get what you pay for.. Pity thats not what i paid for!!!

[/quote]
I agree with what another poster has said, once the grout is finished it may not be as obvious. It just may be that little something that gives your home a touch of character. I understand you would be rather annoyed though... as you deserve to be. I guess u have all this to look out for! (Praise this forum for the heads up on all the possibilities that good go wrong)

[/quote]
Yes true i am thinking i should go out and inspect tomorrow as all the grouting will be finished.. im at the point now where as long as they fix the powderoom and laundry ill live with the bathroom.. To do the bathroom would mean gutting the room and starting again eekkk!

This forum is such a huge help!!! Hubby used to rip me off about it now as soon as we notice something unusual he says 'what do your forum friends say' lol

Ryalls_first_build
Skyepie
Ryalls_first_build
[quote="Skyepie"][quote="Ryalls_first_build"][quote="vonsta76"]Oh my gosh hate to say it ryalls, but yes fight to have them re-do it. Its glaringly obvious

[/quote]

[/quote]
Yes true i am thinking i should go out and inspect tomorrow as all the grouting will be finished.. im at the point now where as long as they fix the powderoom and laundry ill live with the bathroom.. To do the bathroom would mean gutting the room and starting again eekkk!

This forum is such a huge help!!! Hubby used to rip me off about it now as soon as we notice something unusual he says 'what do your forum friends say' lol

[/quote]
Haha that's like mine! He paid me out at first but now he loves the stuff we are finding out!
I just read through your thread
I just wanna hug you!! Your SS sounds like a total tool!

Skyepie
Ryalls_first_build
Skyepie
[quote="Ryalls_first_build"][quote="Skyepie"][quote="Ryalls_first_build"][quote="vonsta76"]Oh my gosh hate to say it ryalls, but yes fight to have them re-do it. Its glaringly obvious

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Haha that's like mine! He paid me out at first but now he loves the stuff we are finding out!
I just read through your thread
I just wanna hug you!! Your SS sounds like a total tool!

[/quote]
Hwhheh mines probably not the best one to follow at the moment lol

Yes hes a douche.. but someone else on here has the same ss as me and hasnt had any issues and started after us and will be in before us!! WT! Maybe he just doesnt like me lol

But as a positive.. I do absolutely love the house and cant wait to live there

That's all that matters Ryalls! It's yours and it's going to be amazing regardless

SPLASHBACKS!!

What does everyone have/ advise? I was hoping to go with the marble style tiled below but unsure if budget will agree on that! Tile appointment this afternoon so getting nervous!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85653&p=1642230#p1642230
H Family Build
SPLASHBACKS!!

What does everyone have/ advise? I was hoping to go with the marble style tiled below but unsure if budget will agree on that! Tile appointment this afternoon so getting nervous!

beautiful! If you can work it in your budget, do it!

I loooove those splashbacks.. if its too expensive you can do it after handover. Thats what we are doing

H Family Build
SPLASHBACKS!!

Sorry I can't help you with costs
you will have to let me know though how you go?
I love the marble look too esp herringbone or hexagon as splash back but not sure our budget agrees
We have a start date! December 12th! How long does the process take from cutting the block to slab pour?
caitnkase
We have a start date! December 12th! How long does the process take from cutting the block to slab pour?

That is awesome. It depends on weather but I think it was about 10-14 days for us. Hopefully you will be slabbed before Chrissie. I would imagine that would be their aim.

BrownDog77
H Family Build
SPLASHBACKS!!

you will have to let me know though how you go? :
: I love the marble look too esp herringbone or hexagon as splash back but not sure our budget agrees :
:

I have no idea if costs. But I absolutely love these tiles. We are having glass with we paid about $1500 extra for, now wishing we had something like this.

We have the large marble hex for splash back it was $1400

caitnkase

Thats awesome, bet you're excited! I am super jealous
lets hope you have a chrissy slab.

Tiles done!

Becs Coral
BrownDog77
H Family Build
SPLASHBACKS!!

you will have to let me know though how you go? :
: I love the marble look too esp herringbone or hexagon as splash back but not sure our budget agrees :
:

I have no idea if costs. But I absolutely love these tiles. We are having glass with we paid about $1500 extra for, now wishing we had something like this.

My decision was between glass or this but I've always loved this style so we did go for it! Splashback we went the herringbone marble and that cost just under $1200

Beautiful choices. How much extra was it?

BrownDog77
H Family Build
SPLASHBACKS!!

you will have to let me know though how you go?
I love the marble look too esp herringbone or hexagon as splash back but not sure our budget agrees

We did it! Wooo... herringbone for splash back and small hexagon for niches.
Ended out about $1600 for all 3 areas.

Denym
We have the large marble hex for splash back it was $1400

Beautiful!! We ended up going to herringbone for splashback. I found it so hard to choose which one I wanted!

Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum