Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 314 of 828
Rocchet
Scaffold up and more bricks delivered...10 weeks in and falling further behind all the other wisdom builds around that started after us but at least we're moving. Find it hard to believe we'll be done in 20 weeks though.

Looking good! Don't compare to other houses. We had two in our estate that started about a month or two before us. We will move in before both of them!!! And one with our same supervisor started a week after us yet moved in a week before us.
They are all their own build with own issues so you might gain time later in the build.

Ours from site scraping to handover is 40 weeks. With 39 rain days claimed I think from memory so pretty much 8 weeks of work with no penalty. To tell you the truth I'd be surprised if you would be done in 20 weeks even without the brick delay

Good luck - let's hope you gain some speed the next few weeks!

Building Majestic 40 - wisdom homes
MrsLlamas2016
Rocchet
Scaffold up and more bricks delivered...10 weeks in and falling further behind all the other wisdom builds around that started after us but at least we're moving. Find it hard to believe we'll be done in 20 weeks though.

Looking good! Don't compare to other houses. We had two in our estate that started about a month or two before us. We will move in before both of them!!! And one with our same supervisor started a week after us yet moved in a week before us.
They are all their own build with own issues so you might gain time later in the build.

Ours from site scraping to handover is 40 weeks. With 39 rain days claimed I think from memory so pretty much 8 weeks of work with no penalty. To tell you the truth I'd be surprised if you would be done in 20 weeks even without the brick delay

Good luck - let's hope you gain some speed the next few weeks!

I meant 20 more weeks from now, sorry wasn't very clear. Contract has 30 week build time. I'm being generous and counting from when slab went down so not including the 3 weeks before that when they did site prep. So far we are 10 weeks since slab pour, 13 weeks since site prep. If we do 40 weeks from site prep we'll be in just before Christmas shutdown (rather than October) which is an absolute must hit deadline for us or we'll be homeless. 2 months past contract is more than reasonable imo so they'd better not go past that!

Rocchet

Looking good Rocchet
Hopefully they make some time up for you

Building Monte Carlo 40- Wisdom homes
Rocchet

Looking good!! Hopefully the weather holds up for you so you can get to lock up ASAP. Are you doing much rendering etc to your facade?

I know it's easy to do, but try not to compare to other builds around you or you'll go crazy! I stopped comparing long ago when it was clear our build would be finished months after others that had started before us. I'm sure you guys will be done before Xmas and as long as everything is done right and to a high quality that's all you can really ask for. Well that's what's I've been telling myself anyway!!

Building Ambassador 41 - Wisdom Homes
msjovi
Rocchet

Looking good!! Hopefully the weather holds up for you so you can get to lock up ASAP. Are you doing much rendering etc to your facade?

I know it's easy to do, but try not to compare to other builds around you or you'll go crazy! I stopped comparing long ago when it was clear our build would be finished months after others that had started before us. I'm sure you guys will be done before Xmas and as long as everything is done right and to a high quality that's all you can really ask for. Well that's what's I've been telling myself anyway!!

Thanks, you're right will need to try to avoid comparing, especially since we're the slow one

No rendering on the facade at all. Just the standard brick and panelling.

Hi All, after contract signing how long did it take for your slab to be layed?

Rocchet
msjovi
Rocchet

Thanks, you're right will need to try to avoid comparing, especially since we're the slow one

No rendering on the facade at all. Just the standard brick and panelling.

Hi Rocchet,

We are in the same boat as you at the moment. We didn't go to the site this weekend because we knew there wasn't much done other than scaffolding... SS said they would be in full swing this week with the bricking work so hopefully it will looking good by the time we go this weekend. We too hope we r in before Christmas and enjoy our 1st Christmas in the new house this year!! Fingers crossed for us...

last week we paid 5K for working drawing and some detail quotation. Hope we don't need to waiting for long time to get reply.

Building with Ambassador 45
Hi guys, is anyone getting W to provide a solar HWS in lieu of standard?

Building Monte Carlo 40- Wisdom homes
@ Home_17 same boat. we paid our 5K with variation for Ambassador 36 at North Kellyville Grand Portico. land registration should be this month end so we are ok to wait! I am guessing the sales person will hold our drawing / variation till then so she can give us a finally quote with correct site cost etc.

Where are you building?
aaron2008
@ Home_17 same boat. we paid our 5K with variation for Ambassador 36 at North Kellyville Grand Portico. land registration should be this month end so we are ok to wait! I am guessing the sales person will hold our drawing / variation till then so she can give us a finally quote with correct site cost etc.

Where are you building?

We are building in Ryde.
Home_17
last week we paid 5K for working drawing and some detail quotation. Hope we don't need to waiting for long time to get reply.

Building with Ambassador 45

After paying the $5k and accepting the tender end of April 17 it took them approx 2 weeks to provide us with drafting variations and drawings and another 2 weeks after that to sign contract. We have been booked in for appointments but there is a 4 week wait for them (end of June 17). Hope that helps
For the people that did downlights provisioning, did wisdom install a powerpoint for each of the downlight locations?
Jordann
For the people that did downlights provisioning, did wisdom install a powerpoint for each of the downlight locations?

This is what the downlight provision wiring looks like.
So yes, it includes the powerpoint.

ozmonkeyoy
Jordann

This is what the downlight provision wiring looks like.
So yes, it includes the powerpoint.

That's great. Thanks Oz.
This rainy weather is not helping at all. Predicted forecast untill Wednesday next week!! I'm not sure we are going to see much progress !!!

gfernz
This rainy weather is not helping at all. Predicted forecast untill Wednesday next week!! I'm not sure we are going to see much progress !!!

Yep just when we're about to start...

Jordann
gfernz

Oh that sucks!!! We are dreading moving this weekend with this predicted rain too!!!

MrsLlamas2016
Jordann
gfernz

Oh that sucks!!! We are dreading moving this weekend with this predicted rain too!!!

Congrats to all the new builds. Exciting times.

Building Majestic 40 - wisdom homes[/quote]

MrsLlamas good luck with the handover tomorrow. Must be bery excited.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum