Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Aubin Gardens -Stage 9 & 10 - Come and meet your neighbours!

Page 32 of 33
Evening all! Just thought I'd see how everyone is going? Any updates?
We are still trying to decide whether to liquid limestone, pave, or concrete the sides of our house. Need to save up some cash first.
And our backyard will probably stay as a sandpit until next year I think! Ahhh the joys.

Loving our new home, and the area, but just frustrated with finding things that are close by.... like a postbox. Have I been looking with my eyes closed, or is there definitely no Australia Post mail box anywhere in Aubin Grove? We've tested the new fish and chips shop. Not bad, but I'm hanging out for the bakery to open.
Yep, i was very very excited about the bakery opening.
Nope there is no postbox so i think cockburn is the closest! They will have to put one in tho, it doesnt make sense not having one. I'd like to see a petrol station near Hammond Park, rather than having to drive to thomas exit or cockburn all the time.... sometimes im not sure if im going to make it!

New with me, hmmm well I still have a sandpit backyard (we should have a beach party!!) letterbox is serving me well with all the ebay purchases (oops) and ive done NOTHING to the house for weeks because i cant be bothered.. Oh and M gave me a huge kingsize doona cover, its soo warm
(saved me heaps, its brand new) SCORE!

so.....Is the Bakery good?!
omg a bakery? so close to my house?

give me strength!
The bakery hasnt opened yet.

Its on Lyon Road, where the IGA Express is.
Anyone know the refund we get back from council for the crossover?

Cheers
Nevermind, found the answer:

$180

http://www.cockburn.wa.gov.au/Council_S ... rossovers/

How stingy, City of Kwinana pays $280!
There is now a postbox outside the IGA Express.
YAY, thanks
Hey All,
Been a while (I have been away with work and busy finishing the house), We are almost settled... still going with the back yard *sigh* and this rain is holding things up even more...
Anyways we are in need of a good electrician (who wont charge $1 million), if anyone knows anyone please personal message me details... we have about a days work of stuff (connecting various lights and running power to the shed etc)...

Thanks,

Jess
Hello Jess,

Sorry cant help you on the electrician side (i will be looking for one myself!)

We get keys in 3 week and i will be working flat out on the front landscaping.

Can anyone tell me how long we have to do the landscaping out front if we want the $3000? Is there a time limit?
I know one

Cough Cough DP Cough
I may need his services over the next few months Shon.
Check this out, the first dog is AG location, might be someones??

http://www.cockburn.wa.gov.au/Council_S ... nded_Dogs/
Just letting everyone know that nearmap has been updated.
Yes finally, been hanging out for this one. Saw it update yesterday. Their last update was in April when they were bricking my place. Stage 9 & 10 is almost all full!
Sorry if you have been hearing puppy crys ALL night. Abby our Ridgeback is still getting settled after 3nights
Can someone tell me what was the stage number for Aubin Grove on the opposite site of Camden Blvd.
I'm talking about Kesiya & Durango Turn area.
Trying to find some block information.
Thanks
I beleive that area is not part of Aubin Gardens where we are, but its 'The Walk.
wrexter
I beleive that area is not part of Aubin Gardens where we are, but its 'The Walk.

Thanks a lot.
It's a pity I can't find any stage plans for "The Walk"
Related
13/06/2023
Weep holes neighbours

General Discussion

it depends on the natural ground level, if they excavated their boundary wall needed to be built as a retaining wall. If you filled, which sounds like the case then you…

3/12/2023
Neighbours rights to house access during reno

General Discussion

The only thing to add to these comments is that where possible it's always good to try and work with people than just say "no" because you can. Having someone…

13/05/2024
Building a boundary house - up against neighbours house

Building A New House

Good on you for having a go I am the opposite of DIY (so will pay a builder) - our vibe is industrial/simple so current thinking is 150mm concrete and then internally is…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum