Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Mojo Homes

Page 31 of 62
Cheers

Can someone recommend an independent building inspector who operates in North West Sydney for all stages?

So i have been looking at the standard ceasarstone that is included and am wondering if anyone knows how much to upgrade to the next level of ceasrstone. If im not mistaken their standard range includes both standard and some delux styles. I am interested in clamshell at the moment but not sure if upgrading is withing budget.

newwyhouse22
So i have been looking at the standard ceasarstone that is included and am wondering if anyone knows how much to upgrade to the next level of ceasrstone. If im not mistaken their standard range includes both standard and some delux styles. I am interested in clamshell at the moment but not sure if upgrading is withing budget.

To upgrade from standard range to next level was "a few hundred". It will obviously depend on the size of your benches and if you also upgrade the bathrooms. We were convinced we would upgrade but have settled for urban in their standard range. To be honest we were going to upgrade all of the cabinets too but think we can get the desired texture effects we want from the standard finishes. We really can't justify the extra expenses when we have so much left to do after handover with fencing, driveway, flooring, window coverings, landscaping, additional double shed, decking, letter box and anything else I can think of!

Our build budget isn't going to get us anywhere near where we thought.
Agree with you morticus. I thought the same. Even got quotes for a few things like sink but at the end. The standard looks good and would divert most funds to electrical and post handover stuff

Hi all,

My plans logged to Liverpool council today. Do you anyone know how many weeks will take to DA approves from Liverpool council?

Thanks morticus and wicked! Sorry i cant remember if i have already asked this but do you guys know how much it was to upgrade to the thermolaminated kitchen doors from standard range.

ja-mez
anyone on the building with mojo FB page. seems like if you're not into bashing mojo that you get the boot. ridiculous!

Yeah, i started that thread, my bad. The building with MDJ page is no better.

DDSA
HLC333
Have our plan review on 12th July, and selections on 19th.

Will share plans when we see them. Escala 27 with some mods due to location of driveway entry on lot.... very frustrating as we loved the standard design.

Hi,

I hope you are having a decent experience so far with Mojo. We too liked the Escala 27 from Mojo & would like to modify a bit. I am looking forward to your modified design plan as we keen to flip the rear of the ground floor for sure.. We havent finalised them yet and are extremely confused after reading so many reviews!
Please keep sharing your experience and pics as you progress.. and plsshare your modified design..
Good luck with the build!

Cheers!

Sorry it took so long to come back to you - here are out lightly modded plans.

Main changes are the bottom of the first floor which we:
- flipped from the front room/garage back
- extra garage, which then had half a meter trimmed off width due to and easement and having to flip the whole house based on driveway entry point, so its now like a 1.75 car garage lol
- adjusted location of WC & Laundry
- deleted linen which was relocated to laundry and replaced with full bench/cupboard fitout
- flipped the alfresco/back living back to original orientation
- this all added about a meter to the width of the house along the length of it
- also added corner stacker doors to the alfresco
- got a facade fitted which wasn't standard either.

we specc'd up a little at selections on roof tiles, toilets, floor to ceiling tiling in the bathrooms and staircase (ouch), with open riser/closed string stairs in victorian ash, french polished black. Stainless steel balustrades because glass was just ridiculous cash.

Mojo are also doing our flooring thru that we've got you covered pack. Tile choices were ok, but we upgraded the carpet.

We have also done electrical, they are doing all our downlights upstairs and down (about 60 i think - cant remember), extra alarm points as requested, outdoor lights and whatnot.

All in all we are pretty happy with what we are getting - we got everything we negotiated for, except a disco on price... but Mojo/MDJ pretty much don't negotiate from everyone i've spoken to who has built with them, so based on that, we got a half decent deal.

Last photo is a quick render i whipped up in our colour selections. I really should redo it.

Lastly, we have had a pretty (really) good experience so far. Sure some bits and pieces are a bit slow, but we kept to our word and made our requests time bound which worked well. All paperwork done, now we just wait for our land to register... should have been this month, but hasn't been pegged yet even though it's been good to go for a month or two now...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/hlc/Screen%20Shot%202016-11-09%20at%207.34.40%20pm%202_zpspbyk1ppi.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/hlc/Screen%20Shot%202016-11-09%20at%207.34.55%20pm%202_zpskfkru2za.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/hlc/Escala%20Mode%20Facade%20Render%20v1-2_zpshn6makte.jpg
w1ck3d homes
Agree with you morticus. I thought the same. Even got quotes for a few things like sink but at the end. The standard looks good and would divert most funds to electrical and post handover stuff

I agree, I'm in the same boat. We were happy with the standard choices and will be keeping funds for post hand over expenses.
HLC333
ja-mez
anyone on the building with mojo FB page. seems like if you're not into bashing mojo that you get the boot. ridiculous!

Yeah, i started that thread, my bad. The building with MDJ page is no better.

DDSA
HLC333
Have our plan review on 12th July, and selections on 19th.

Will share plans when we see them. Escala 27 with some mods due to location of driveway entry on lot.... very frustrating as we loved the standard design.

Hi,

I hope you are having a decent experience so far with Mojo. We too liked the Escala 27 from Mojo & would like to modify a bit. I am looking forward to your modified design plan as we keen to flip the rear of the ground floor for sure.. We havent finalised them yet and are extremely confused after reading so many reviews!
Please keep sharing your experience and pics as you progress.. and plsshare your modified design..
Good luck with the build!

Cheers!

Sorry it took so long to come back to you - here are out lightly modded plans.

Main changes are the bottom of the first floor which we:
- flipped from the front room/garage back
- extra garage, which then had half a meter trimmed off width due to and easement and having to flip the whole house based on driveway entry point, so its now like a 1.75 car garage lol
- adjusted location of WC & Laundry
- deleted linen which was relocated to laundry and replaced with full bench/cupboard fitout
- flipped the alfresco/back living back to original orientation
- this all added about a meter to the width of the house along the length of it
- also added corner stacker doors to the alfresco
- got a facade fitted which wasn't standard either.

we specc'd up a little at selections on roof tiles, toilets, floor to ceiling tiling in the bathrooms and staircase (ouch), with open riser/closed string stairs in victorian ash, french polished black. Stainless steel balustrades because glass was just ridiculous cash.

Mojo are also doing our flooring thru that we've got you covered pack. Tile choices were ok, but we upgraded the carpet.

We have also done electrical, they are doing all our downlights upstairs and down (about 60 i think - cant remember), extra alarm points as requested, outdoor lights and whatnot.

All in all we are pretty happy with what we are getting - we got everything we negotiated for, except a disco on price... but Mojo/MDJ pretty much don't negotiate from everyone i've spoken to who has built with them, so based on that, we got a half decent deal.

Last photo is a quick render i whipped up in our colour selections. I really should redo it.

Lastly, we have had a pretty (really) good experience so far. Sure some bits and pieces are a bit slow, but we kept to our word and made our requests time bound which worked well. All paperwork done, now we just wait for our land to register... should have been this month, but hasn't been pegged yet even though it's been good to go for a month or two now...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/hlc/Screen%20Shot%202016-11-09%20at%207.34.40%20pm%202_zpspbyk1ppi.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/hlc/Screen%20Shot%202016-11-09%20at%207.34.55%20pm%202_zpskfkru2za.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/hlc/Escala%20Mode%20Facade%20Render%20v1-2_zpshn6makte.jpg

What is your ground floor ceiling height? 2690mm?

Hey guys just thought I would share our progress. We are only 4 weeks into the build and our roof got done today. Very excited.

photo uploading
Citytocountymove
Hey guys just thought I would share our progress. We are only 4 weeks into the build and our roof got done today. Very excited.

photo uploading
where your building??

zerog101
What is your ground floor ceiling height? 2690mm?

Correct.
Waterford county Chisholm near Newcastle
Can anybody share how they approach the electrical appointments. Do they mark the power points and switches of the plans?

w1ck3d homes
Can anybody share how they approach the electrical appointments. Do they mark the power points and switches of the plans?

That's what I did wicked.. before the appointment; (I am not building with Mojo homes)
- I dotted the places where I could like to have the lights
- Where the switch point should be
- How high should the switch and power point be
- Whether switch needs to be one/two/three way
- Whether lights can be switched on before I get into a room or should I be in the room to turn it on (also, shouldn't be able to switched off from outside when someone is in the room)
- Show it to couple of people to get some ideas

Something can be retrofitted and something are not (like if you miss to put a switch point in island bench, it is not easy to do it after slab is poured)

There is a thread dedicated to electrical, check it...

Hope it helps!
Awesome. Thanks for that. Good perspective

Do you have the link? Would love to check it out

w1ck3d homes
Awesome. Thanks for that. Good perspective

Do you have the link? Would love to check it out

Hi, sorry I checked the first 20 pages but couldn't find that thread.. that thread was started by an electrician..I vaguely remember the title "I am an electrician ask me an electrical question".... the thread has a lot of electrical plan....

Sorry couldn't help you...
So whats your color skheme?

External
Monument roof, fascia, gutter and garage door

Surfmist house

Basalt garage parapit wall

Bluey grey columns.

Internal
Illusive white - skirt and ceiling
June fog walls
Black stained stair handrail and posts

Charred oak floors - tiles

Shimmer white cs tops and waterfall

Cavia lini to bottom cabinets and all butlers

Classic white overhead.

Carpet upstairs leyland but want to change to pine most irc?

My stair inspiration

Kitchen colours

Pendant lights
Not sure where to use them. Remind me of a banksia inside
Need to find a spot for them! Over the dinning table may be a bit tooo much

Related
26/11/2023
Mojo Homes site costs

General Discussion

Is anyone building with Mojo and have a recent site cost tender

8/01/2024
Mojo Homes, Enigma 46 - Gables NSW

Building A New House

Hi all, We are considering Enigma 46 from Mojo Homes in Gables, NSW. Has anyone built with Mojo and any pointers and feedback. Also, if anyone has built similar design…

2/04/2024
Any feedback on Mojo builds on sloping sites and in Thornton

Building A New House

Hi, We are looking for a builder that can build a small home (smaller length) on a sloping site. We came across Mojo's Zephyr design 10.6 m wide and 11.5 m length. Does…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum