Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Aveling in Byford - Study Nook Design

Page 31 of 31
Hi. I've sent you a pm

Hi day dreamer contacted lwp ellenbrook regarding how dangerous that fence is for our chn . She was quite nice and was concerned as she has a little one . She has spoken to the landscaping people and explained fences like that are ok when they are at the front because people dont tend to leave kids out there. But we are talking about our own back yards . She even said that vertical bars would of been better . She said she doesnt know if they will do anything . But my concerns would make them think twice about having such a fence like that . I also asked her if they dont do anything can we cover it . She said that they cant ask us to remove it . Only if neighbors complain . I dont see that happening . But she was still concerned about the drop down . Find out next week . Maybe if you ring aswell and say you have concerns maybe they might look at it more .
Will do, thanks
We have two "animals" lol. How good are the dyson handhelds? I have one at my salon too. And I love the fence but we don't have kids. Does anyone know where it came from? I think it would look great on our block and meet the councils requirement for wildlife. We just have post and wire now.
Can you do a whole house with them . Kitty the fences are from developer lwp . I have got use to looking out there and as I told the developers I dont think I would wont colourbond on there after having living with that .I would probley feel abit inclosed . It does make your backyard feel really open . But just wont something to make it a bit safer .
The animals are awesome. As an added bonus, the kids like using it too!
Yeh I can imagine my kids using it .lol
So I know I have been AWOL for a while, getting things organised in my home. Unpacking sure takes a long time, especially when you are doing it on your own with 4 kids in tow... Photos still to come, but thought I would post a pic of our study nook design, see what you all think. This will be in between beds 3 and 4 and will be the primary study area for the kids.

Also looking at getting some ceiling fans for the bedrooms and these Haiku's from BigAss Fans are just beautiful.

We will probably get them with the optional led lights replacing the bayonets currently in the kids rooms.
Hello neighbour .lol .yes very nice . . the set up .and those fans are gorgeous . can't wait to see it all . off cleaning now .you know me dd .he he
I think I have only just found your build but your bathroom is amazing - I love the full height tile! Also love the hidden dishwasher, such a great idea. Study area and fans both look excellent - look forward to seeing more pics
Thanks aimees88, I will try to accomodate. I have taken some pis of the kids rooms to put up so will get them up soon
Wasn't sure how this room was going to turn out as I let my 6 year old choose the colour of his room, and the painter nearly fell off his ladder when he started painting (kidding). We did offer him sunglasses though! Add the carpet and some temp black curtains and I think it works!

My daughter's room is coming along, she has started putting butterflies around the room (removable wall stickers). The box in the corner is waiting for me to recover the lid with something a little more modern and girly.

My son is still waiting for me to put up some curtains (oops!) but happy with his room just the same.

Awesome colours dd. The kids have certainly got an eye for colour.
Thanks owf. We figured since they have their own rooms for the first time, they can pick their colours. At the end of the day they are the ones that have to live with it and look at it all the time. I can simply shut their doors!! ha ha
Excellent colours. I've let my two choose the colours for their rooms. My girl chose some fantastic colours, but my boy is going to need some serious help.

Those boys are so cute . Your kids seem so happy . We have decided to let the kids chose a feature wall . When it will happen . Well it's on the list . He he
fantastic colors. the study nook is great i have a similar design abit without the hlves in the middle. and it is great
Wow those are some bright colours!
Related
15/08/2023
Building Design Certificate Non-Compliance

General Discussion

From a pure legal perspective, if you've signed the variation, it is a very high bar to have it set aside. No-one can give you legal advice on a forum, but you would need…

13/02/2024
Charged Rainwater System Design

General Discussion

Once you know the basics, the rest is easy. Read my post in the thread linked below. viewtopic.php?p=1919271#p1919271

24/06/2023
Slab design

Building A New House

Although I am a big opponent of using waffle pod slabs over H2/P soils under any circumstances, in your case I would certainly opt in to keep piers under central…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum