Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis Upgrades and Costs

Page 31 of 32
goldencrumble
Hurrow
That seems quite cheap on the eaves, we had to put eaves on the front of our house to make the developer happy (nothing on the sides or back) and that cost us $1,044 and was less than a quarter of the house!

Cavity sliding doors were only $330 or so for us though going from memory, we put them in for the ensuite, study, lounge/hallway and lounge/rumpus rooms.

We raised our ceiling height as well, so all our doors are more expensive as they all need to be taller otherwise it would look funny - not something I thought of when we wanted the higher ceiling.

We went with the Dream Life Indoor Promotion Pack so have 2,590mm high ceilings rather than the standard 2,440mm, I would have thought the cavity doors would be standard height anyway?
Hurrow
goldencrumble
Hurrow
That seems quite cheap on the eaves, we had to put eaves on the front of our house to make the developer happy (nothing on the sides or back) and that cost us $1,044 and was less than a quarter of the house!

Cavity sliding doors were only $330 or so for us though going from memory, we put them in for the ensuite, study, lounge/hallway and lounge/rumpus rooms.

We raised our ceiling height as well, so all our doors are more expensive as they all need to be taller otherwise it would look funny - not something I thought of when we wanted the higher ceiling.

We went with the Dream Life Indoor Promotion Pack so have 2,590mm high ceilings rather than the standard 2,440mm, I would have thought the cavity doors would be standard height anyway?

We have that package as well, but increased the height 2590mm to 2740mm.

Increased ceiling height to 2740mm was $7436. But we got back credited back $4149 from the package.

Just checked our tender and all our internal door heights are 2340mm.
goldencrumble
Kenshi123
We were down at WoS yesterday to look at colours.

Whilst they are very hesitant to give prices out until our actual appointment, they did quote me on benchtops.

Category 2 = $145 per square metre
Catogory 3 = $256 per square metre
Category 4 = $355 per square metre

Do you know if there is much different in cost from going from 20mm thick to 40mm thick?

Sorry have no idea mate.
nikil
It will be worth it, we almost just went with Cat 1 in the galley but at last minute I changed it to match the kitchen.

The colourtech cabinetry is an expensive upgrade if you decide to go for that I can give you an idea of the pricing for that too.

Hey Nikil. If you don't mind I would be keen to know how much you paid for your colourtech both in the kitchen and galley?

Also, I noticed that you had the NBN cabinet installed with a couple of data points - were these expensive?

Thanks mate.
Hi Peeps

I have a lot of pricing on my blog, check it out

Budgeting help
https://forsyth35blog.wordpress.com/201 ... he-budget/

Electrial costs
https://forsyth35blog.wordpress.com/201 ... -be-light/

WOS price guide
https://forsyth35blog.wordpress.com/201 ... ice-guide/

Colourtec and kitchen pricing
https://forsyth35blog.wordpress.com/201 ... c-two-pac/

Handles and shadow line
https://forsyth35blog.wordpress.com/201 ... s-kitchen/

Carpet
https://forsyth35blog.wordpress.com/201 ... ed-carpet/

Flooring
https://forsyth35blog.wordpress.com/201 ... the-floor/

Staircases
https://forsyth35blog.wordpress.com/201 ... ase-leads/

Tiles
https://forsyth35blog.wordpress.com/201 ... %E2%80%8B/

and so much more....

Charlotte
Hi Guys
Any new candidates starting with Porter Davis.
We signed the initial quote n done the deposit for Plaza B ( ensuit downstairs n WC option).
Spent lot of time reading Charlotte’ invaluable advice but think prices have changed and Charlotte is too relaxed in her home and we have to reignite what Charlotte left.
Aspendale is where it happens.
After initial 2k deposit.
Pit application done and Money taken from CC.
M1 demolition gave an initial quote for demo 12.6k.
Anyone used M1 demolition- thru Hi pages.
Regards
Ron 321
Hi Guys
We signed the initial quote n done the deposit for Plaza B ( ensuit downstairs n WC option).
Spent lot of time reading Charlotte’ invaluable advice but think prices have changed and Charlotte is too relaxed in her home and we have to reignite what Charlotte left.
Regards

I can reassure you that Charlotte is not too relaxed in her new home, having taken 14 months to build, we have only just moved in.
Lots of boxes and rooms left to unpack and organise

But I agree, some updated pricing would be beneficial for all new comers. Our pricing is from November 2017
inphaze
Ron 321
Hi Guys
Regards

I can reassure you that Charlotte is not too relaxed in her new home, having taken 14 months to build, we have only just moved in.
Lots of boxes and rooms left to unpack and organise

But I agree, some updated pricing would be beneficial for all new comers. Our pricing is from November 2017

I agree that unboxing is dreadful but u r still in better state than the starters.
We have the uncertainty of unknown.
New updates I will keep things posted.
Plaza 50 B- 49.79 squares.

Base price 459900-oops.

1.60 K promo offer which finished on 31st march
-seems unreal.
2. Ensuit upgrade downstatirs with WC-10144(gst inclusive)
3 Double glazing all windows, electrocal pack-40 downlights,reliance 12 security with 4 mothion sensors, ducted vaccum( we dont want it), 10 additional double Power points, 2 additional Tv and data points- total cost 12k - reduced to 10k with 5 downlights on special requests to sales.
4 brivis promina evaporative cooling 8 points
5 Brivis heating unit with 2 zone control - 1191
6 Jetmaster provison for firplace with external brick walls.gas point n 32mm gas hose.-1900

More to come.
Please feel free to add

Ron 321

Nice one Ron. Good luck with the build.

We are in the same boat as you, wanted to avail that 60k off promotion. Deposit is down for plaza 49 with grand master, shower to powder, grand galley, sterling facade, refg cooling, 1.5m garage extension, 2590 ceilings upstairs, few other structural bits and site costs, we are building in a new estate.

quote sitting at $560k (less 60k) including that $12k double glazing and electric pack.
icheema
Ron 321

We are in the same boat as you, wanted to avail that 60k off promotion. Deposit is down for plaza 49 with grand master, shower to powder, grand galley, sterling facade, refg cooling, 1.5m garage extension, 2590 ceilings upstairs, few other structural bits and site costs, we are building in a new estate.

quote sitting at $560k (less 60k) including that $12k double glazing and electric pack.

Be specific with windows pack. FB page stated that this pack was at 5K hardly 12 weeks ago- so My thoughts r to get rid of it as Glazing whindows which is the priority (wont have too many windows double glazed as lot of windows come in exclusions to double glazing) Its a gimmick.
Site costs are biting us more as we r Knock down r re build.
Please feel free to engage if need any info.
Ron 321
icheema
Ron 321

Be specific with windows pack. FB page stated that this pack was at 5K hardly 12 weeks ago- so My thoughts r to get rid of it as Glazing whindows which is the priority (wont have too many windows double glazed as lot of windows come in exclusions to double glazing) Its a gimmick.
Site costs are biting us more as we r Knock down r re build.
Please feel free to engage if need any info.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will do.
Hey guys, was following this thread to get estimates for my colours appointment since this had the most info even though I'm building with Granvue homes. I thought I'd show my upgrades I got to further help people with costing estimates, just remember it will only be rough estimates as I built with another builder not PD. My house is 29sq and it already includes 40k worth of upgrades due to a promotion.
Feel free to ask any questions.

Does anyone know what is the standard gas heating that comes with a Prestige range home? Looking at the Waldorf Grange.
Any help would be much appreciated!
DazP70
Does anyone know what is the standard gas heating that comes with a Prestige range home? Looking at the Waldorf Grange.

We built the Waldorf Grange and the ducted hearing we got was Brivis Starpro SP535. We added an extra heating vent in master bathroom.

Waldorf_Grange_Build
DazP70

We built the Waldorf Grange and the ducted hearing we got was Brivis Starpro SP535. We added an extra heating vent in master bathroom.

Thanks for the quick reply! Did you also get A/C and how does that integrate with the ducted system of the heating? You're hous elooks amazing by the way - we're also looking at the Long Island facade.
Hello everyone.

We are building Oxford 32 (Prestige Range) with King Island 32 Facade

- 40K 60 Day Summer Sale
- 10K Fixed Site Cost
- Colorbond Roofing Promotion
- Oxford 32 Rear Master Option
- Extended Kitchen and Side Alfresco Option
- Modern Render Finish
- Extension to Alfresco
- It's Electrifying Pack
- Full Ducted Air Conditioning

We have made further changes, we will know the actual price on the tender date.

Ron 321: Did they provide you pricing for double glazing? I would like to request for double glazing as well..

Our Sales Consultant, Scott Bellingham is awesome. Totally recommended.
DazP70
Waldorf_Grange_Build
DazP70

Thanks for the quick reply! Did you also get A/C and how does that integrate with the ducted system of the heating? You're hous elooks amazing by the way - we're also looking at the Long Island facade.

We got evaporative cooling. It is all run via the same Brivis controller but comes out through separate vents in the ceiling.

Do Porter Davis still have a 'Performance Solution' in their contract that allows them to do water resistant instead of water proofing finishes in wet areas or have they reverted back to full water proofing?
DThirdDegree
Hello everyone.

We are building Oxford 32 (Prestige Range) with King Island 32 Facade

- 40K 60 Day Summer Sale
- 10K Fixed Site Cost
- Colorbond Roofing Promotion
- Oxford 32 Rear Master Option
- Extended Kitchen and Side Alfresco Option
- Modern Render Finish
- Extension to Alfresco
- It's Electrifying Pack
- Full Ducted Air Conditioning

We have made further changes, we will know the actual price on the tender date.

Ron 321: Did they provide you pricing for double glazing? I would like to request for double glazing as well..

Our Sales Consultant, Scott Bellingham is awesome. Totally recommended.

Ours were a Electrical n double glazing pack-10 k(
I recall this package was 5 k only few months before this summer special)
It consist of
40 downlights.
All windows double glazed( keep in mind standard windows have to be changed to awning- 100 extra per window on top).All upgraded window they will also double glaze but would cost couple of hundred extra.some exceptions to certain windows( one on first floor in retro fa
10 double pp
2 extra data and TV points
Security system with 4 motion sensor.
Ducted vacc( we excluded) n got 5 downlights instead.

Hope it helps
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

23/05/2024
insulation upgrades

Building A New House

Having just completed our first/only build and we spent so much money on insulation and double glazing upgrades - do not skimp on insulation including upgrade to anticon…

18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum