Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Third time's a charm ( our 3rd build @ Bingara Gorge )

Page 4 of 11
Wall wrap installed

Brickwork has started ( Austral Brampton from the Whitsundays range )

Brickwork now completed.... should be getting a roof and gutters this next week. I kind of like the bricks as they are, considering canceling the bag n paint to the facade and keeping the face brick. Most of the mjh homes ive seen use a red brick if they bag n paint or render the facade, for some reason we got the face brick throughout.

Gutters and fascia completed today
I’ve been loving following your journey! I’ve got my heart set on the Miami 16 and am trying to convince hubby on going for this as a knock down rebuild instead of renovating our place! I’d love to know ballpark where this landed in terms of a package price - am i allowed to ask that? Would love a sense of whether this is even possible for us!
Grub
I’ve been loving following your journey! I’ve got my heart set on the Miami 16 and am trying to convince hubby on going for this as a knock down rebuild instead of renovating our place! I’d love to know ballpark where this landed in terms of a package price - am i allowed to ask that? Would love a sense of whether this is even possible for us!

There are too many variables that will affect your build price... the biggest things are the slope on your site, the quality of the soil and also basix ( we were ok here as our basix only required us to have led lighting throughout which we were doing anyways )

To give you a idea our miami 16 with the executive option ( 1+ metre longer then standard )
3rd garage
South Hampton Facade
2.7 ceilings
2.4 stackers, internal doors and raised bulkheads
Windows extended in heights to suit the 2.7 ceilings
Recessed stacker doors
Butlers Pantry option
Anti con blanket
Colourbond roof
Colourbond downpipes
Soundscreen insulation on all internal walls
Standard flooring throughout

Came to $408k, keep in mind we had a pretty level block and our soil test was really good so the standard M class slab didnt need to be upgraded. If you want to stick to the standard range you could finish off a miami16 exec for around $420k depending on how expensive your taste is

Then you need to add on electrical which will be another 10k to do a decent setup, we spent 15k here but did alot of downlighting and extra powerpoints

You can upgrade at the studio or keep it all standard range, we did basically nearly everything we wanted to upgrade except for the full height tiling in the bathrooms as this was a very expensive option

These are the big ticket items we spent at the studio, keep in mind these are optional

Kitchen, butlers, bathroom, ensuite, powder room and laundry in shaker profile
Lin 1 doors throughout
Sky Lights above the kitchen island
Quickstep flooring throughout including bedrooms and childrens retreat except home theatre
Feltex carpet to home theatre
Fireplace
Solar Panel
Garage doors with the profile and the little windows
Upgraded sinks
Upgraded shower heads
Upgraded door hardware and locks
TV wall mount kits

We know have a roof !
Pre lining inspection completed! Everything looks ok and just a couple of minor issues.

Finally got to have a authorised walkthrough of our build, really loving the space of the home... the build although slow has been pretty smooth however im not very happy about being on SS number 3 already in such a short time.

You build a relationship with a SS, you communicate and try to be on the same page and next minute his gone . All the things that are unique to your job have that the SS knows about has now slipped between the cracks.

Oh well not much else we can do but it would be nice to have one SS from the beginning of the job to the end.
Eaves and cladding earlier this week... really happy with our choice of facade

After learning the hard way with the first house we built we came prepared and made sure we had the soundscreen to all internal walls, insulation to garage ceiling, external wall of the garage, alfresco and porch

Corbels fitted

Front door and hardware fitted… we are now officially locked out

Our 1400 x 780 Velux fixed skylights were fitted this week, these 2 skylights sit directly above our kitchen island

Our kitchen has also been delivered this week, absolutely loving the shaker style kitchen in the “Oberon” profile

Butlers pantry also started this week, the Polytec in “ Oxidised Beam Wood “ we selected to the laminate parts of the home looks amazing in person

Desk in the office and the drop down shelf in Polytec “ Oxidised Beam Wood “
Related
15/08/2023
I often get asked if now is a good time to build

Building A New House

Well thats a relief! The whole family is sick of waiting.

30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

7/08/2023
Acceptable wait time for email response to question from sma

Owner Builder Forum

how imperative is the timing of the answer?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum