Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Clarendon Fairmont 35, hamptons facade

Page 4 of 6
Rhetti
Kitchen updates

Wow!! Everything looks amazing!! Great extra corner you have there in the kitchen, good for a tea/breakfast station ❀️

What will your floors be? Can't wait to see end result! We have a similar colour scheme.
The grey and white is the easiest and then you can add colour with your styling. Well, at least that's my opinion

The timber look floor tiles in the laundry are going through the whole house. Which should add a lot of warmth to the colour scheme to. Have you got practical completion booked in yet?
Rhetti
The grey and white is the easiest and then you can add colour with your styling. Well, at least that's my opinion

The timber look floor tiles in the laundry are going through the whole house. Which should add a lot of warmth to the colour scheme to. Have you got practical completion booked in yet?

Yes, that's what we thought too when we went with those colours. Love the timber look tiles, why didn't I think of that before?
Not yet, we went today for tiles review, we are doing light grey in the main areas, don't like them much now, but maybe it will look better when it's all laid out. Slate grey for bathrooms. Btw, the area for the fridge is 1050, looks small. What is the width in yours?
PCI went well. Handover booked for 17th.
Stairs look pretty great.

Rhetti

They do look amazing! Wow! Anything i should watch out for during PCI? Thanks 😊
Saika
Rhetti

I would suggest paying for a private building inspector to do the inspection with you. It's cost $550 but man it was totally worth it. He picked up heaps of things I never would have seen.

I used Allinspect

You have to book early because they get busy.
Rhetti
Saika
Rhetti

I would suggest paying for a private building inspector to do the inspection with you. It's cost $550 but man it was totally worth it. He picked up heaps of things I never would have seen.

I used Allinspect

Thank you 😊
Rhetti
Saika
Rhetti

I used Allinspect

Was that David from AllInspect? He's nice and thorough hey? Very happy with the job he did.

Looking really good, more photos please!

Master bed

Walk-in

Ensuite
Feature wall came out with way too much yellow. One of our first jobs is to hit it with a white wash to tone it down ...

One of the bedrooms

Second bathroom

2nd Seperate toilet

Walk-in linen press

Kitchen

Butler's

Dining and living

Lounge

Rhetti

Master bed

Walk-in

Ensuite
Feature wall came out with way too much yellow. One of our first jobs is to hit it with a white wash to tone it down ...

One of the bedrooms

Second bathroom

2nd Seperate toilet

Walk-in linen press

Kitchen

Butler's

Dining and living

Lounge

Looking amazing!!
Saika
Rhetti

Master bed

Walk-in

Ensuite

One of the bedrooms

Second bathroom

2nd Seperate toilet

Walk-in linen press

Kitchen

Butler's

Dining and living

Lounge

Looking amazing!!

Thanks Saika
Rhetti
Hi all,
We found our perfect block in the Redlands, 20km from Brisbane city and we have commenced our knock down rebuild.

We looked for ages and we have finally decided to build with Clarendon Homes. So far I’ve been nothing but impressed with the service from my consultant at Pallara.

I’m posting this in the hope of inspiring other people with similar design tastes to get exactly the house they want, especially the facade.

So let’s go....

We wanted a rear facing master bedroom and heaps of space for the buck. So, we decided to go with the Fairmont 35 with modifications. I’ll do a seperate post when the floor plans are finalised.

Facade was a big deal to us. We wanted a traditional looking home, with a hamptons twist. We sketched a few designs based on the Fairmont front elevation. Once we commenced our site investigations, we had a bit of back and forth with the drafting team who were really really accommodating. I’m pretty stoked with the final facade. We wanted the love child between Clarendons hamptons facade (seen at Pallara) and a traditional Queenslander.

So what (specifically) did we ask for:
- timber weatherboard upper;
- traditional windows on the front facade;
- hamptons style garage door (as seen on the Pallara display);
- two piece Corinthian timber front door (as seen on the Pallara display);
- double intersecting open street gables at the front facade. No front eave. The timber gable to be flush with the front building wall.
- the roof pitch to be increased from standard 22.5degrees to 27.5degrees (27.5degrees is the standard Queenslander gable roof pitch) *** update *** we had to settle for a 25degree roof pitch. 27.5deg exceeds our max 8.5m building height allowed. Damn!

The picture attached is what we ended up with..... very very happy πŸ˜ƒ

[img:1cqyivcr]https://forum.homeone.com.au/u/87388_1565477768.png[/img:1cqyivcr]

Awesome work!
Please keep us up to date.

Regards,
Dan.
www.bespokebuildingconsultants.com.au
Instagram
@bespokebuildingconsultants
Looks amazing! You should be chuffed with the result - i would say end result, but the journey is far from over
Floor tiles down - looking great.

Pool started. Semi infinite edge

Concreting next Monday

What a stunning build! Beautiful choices
Rhetti

Concreting next Monday

Wow wow and wow! That floor is so amazing!!!
Saika
Rhetti

Concreting next Monday

Btw, got tentative inspection date for 22/11 and move in 29/11, am I to book allinspect online or do I call? Is one week enough for them to finish stuff after inspection and before move in.
Saika
Saika
Rhetti

Concreting next Monday

Btw, got tentative inspection date for 22/11 and move in 29/11, am I to book allinspect online or do I call? Is one week enough for them to finish stuff after inspection and before move in.

Call All Inspect as soon as you know PCI date.
All Inspect will take about 8 hours to prepare and send through the report.
Clarendon will have 2 weeks from PCI for handover. to fix things up.
Hi Rhetti,
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your build!
Infact I think we might be house twins because a) we will also be doing a knock down build (we have a 620sq property in inner south brisbane) b) you look to have the same aesthetics aka Hampton/queenslander love child c) we also want a pool included in the new build. Initially we want to build a classic queenslander from Garth Chapman but it doesn't look to be within our budget....

BUT, your facade/layout looks EXACTLY like what we want our new house to look like! Its crazy...even down to your choice of colours and finishings etc. House envy!!

I am seriously thinking of copying your design at this point, it looks too perfect! Is that allowed? Ha ha
(only half joking).
I'm so glad that your build is going smooth so far and you are very happy with.

We are building our forever home and very new at house building (this is our first foray and we are very nervous/scared/excited) so its such a relief to see that someone else is going down a very similar path to ours. We just hope that our block can accomodate a house build like yours!

Burning question....how much has it all cost you so far? The knock down build process, plus the new build with Clarendon including the facade, pool, landscaping, all the BA? If you can let us know the rough breakdown, that would be amazing. Our main worry is obviously budget (because we've spent a lot on the land already) and its so hard to know if it will blow out even with all the quotes etc. Since you already (almost) have the house that we love, your feedback on this would be so helpful to us so that we can set our expectations early and lower them if necessary!

Thanks so much in advance and again...major house envy. Congrats!!

Sue
Hey Sue,

I am glad someone was inspired by this. Its proof you can get a custom looking home with a project builder!

If you want to come have walk through, PM me and we can organise a catch up.

And yes you can absolutely copy any part of our plans.

But to answer your question - I think we will come in around 460k completely finished. Including demo, build, pool etc.

Demolition was about 15k (this will have gone up slightly with the new dumping levy). Budget 17-20k
We had to do some retaining walls, relocate a shed and a few other things prior to the build starting.

Build was 361k including all upgrades (and we had heaps of upgrades) and included the upstairs reconfig but excluding ground floor tiling, lighting upgrades and the barn doors.

We also removed ducted aircon, but had all the ducting and electrical 'prerun' so we could add it later. Saved us roughly 20k during the build. We made an effort to orientate all the windows to the SE and North to capture the prevailing breezes and naturally cool the house. It has worked a treat!

Lighting we are having done post handover - Roughly 5k for all chandeliers and downlights installed (saved 10k).
Driveway and paths have come in about 10k
Solar - $7,500
Pool is eight metres x four metres and partially above ground - roughly 35k
Our block is 1400m2 so our landscaping will be huge - we have budgeted about 20k for just grass and fencing.
Window screens - 3k
Plantation shutters - 7.5k
Alfresco tiling - 4k

Hope this helps.

If you want to come for a look, you can PM me and have a walk through?

Rhett
Related
8/05/2024
Clarendon Boston or Saratoga

General Discussion

It is Genneral stairs, but they won't deal with anyone off the street. They will only work with clients of project home builders. I tried to but some of these exact…

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum