Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

[COMPLETED] - Building Windsor 40 with Eden Brae (Caddens)

Page 4 of 5
najua
HI InvincibleInDN,
Great to see your progress and have read all your posts and they are very very helpful. I am also in the build process with Eden Brae in Caddens and just about to have our Home Options appointment. Just curious to know if you have done the electrical fittings on both floors through Eden Brae and if they have have options to fit ceiling fan points on the rooms. Do they charge you extra for that. Also can you do the upper floor electrical wiring yourselves through your own electrician.
Regards

Hi najua, new happy to see another person from Caddens here. We did most of the downlights from EBH. Like you said, you can use electrician to do the upper floor but it's worth if you plan to do upper completely. If you are doing batten holders and convert them, the total cost will be more than than EBH.

Which stage is your land from?
InvincibleInDN
najua
HI InvincibleInDN,
Great to see your progress and have read all your posts and they are very very helpful. I am also in the build process with Eden Brae in Caddens and just about to have our Home Options appointment. Just curious to know if you have done the electrical fittings on both floors through Eden Brae and if they have have options to fit ceiling fan points on the rooms. Do they charge you extra for that. Also can you do the upper floor electrical wiring yourselves through your own electrician.
Regards

Hi najua, new happy to see another person from Caddens here. We did most of the downlights from EBH. Like you said, you can use electrician to do the upper floor but it's worth if you plan to do upper completely. If you are doing batten holders and convert them, the total cost will be more than than EBH.

Which stage is your land from?

Hi InvincibleInDN.
We are in Stage 4. Did you install ceiling fans
najua
Hi InvincibleInDN.

We got the provision for fan in few places. Didn't bought the fan from them. You need additional support for the fan. EBH charges $40 as Noggins. But on the site half of the places there was a beam at centre so they didn't installed the Noggins. I have external lights installed after handover. For now I got the junction boxes for external. Will get the fans myself and ask my electrician to install it.
InvincibleInDN
najua
Hi InvincibleInDN.

We got the provision for fan in few places. Didn't bought the fan from them. You need additional support for the fan. EBH charges $40 as Noggins. But on the site half of the places there was a beam at centre so they didn't installed the Noggins. I have external lights installed after handover. For now I got the junction boxes for external. Will get the fans myself and ask my electrician to install it.

Thanks so much. What is a Noggin. Is that a point for the fan. Also do they give you one light free for the balcony, laundry and entry
najua
Thanks so much. What is a Noggin. Is that a point for the fan. Also do they give you one light free for the balcony, laundry and entry

Every room will have a batten holder as default. Noggins is some timber support to hold the weight. You may need it for TV mounting if you choose the hybrid frames for the construction.
O ok now I understand. So that can be used to install downlights. Do they charge you to install additional battenholders in a room
najua
O ok now I understand. So that can be used to install downlights. Do they charge you to install additional battenholders in a room

You may need more than one light room depending the size and your liking. Every additional holders are charge. They charged $90 for each batten holders. For downlight, I was charged $119. For conversion, it may more. Check with your electrician.
Quick update, since we are close to PCI. Driveway, carpets and balcony balustrades installed. Porch steps is not installed yet. The staircase balustrade and front balcony timbers are not stained yet. Hoping EBH will complete everything before PCI.

EBH has already sent the final invoice include a settlement checklist. Close to handover, so excited!!!

PCI completed. Handover scheduled for 04 Oct 2019. Happy days!!!
Good to hear that. Hope everything goes well
najua

Thank you!!
HI Invincible,
Hope your handover went well and you are enjoying your new home
najua
HI Invincible,
Hope your handover went well and you are enjoying your new home

Yes. We got the keys. Thank you.
Good one! Enjoy.
InvincibleInDN
najua

Thank you!!

Hi, I just joined the discussion. I posted my topic but didn’t when through Eden Brae forum. Just want to know if exposed bricks in the garage is standard with Eden Brae? Because that’s what we have.
Looking around our area all the builder had standard gyprock in there garage.
Aria28
Hi, I just joined the discussion. I posted my topic but didn’t when through Eden Brae forum. Just want to know if exposed bricks in the garage is standard with Eden Brae? Because that’s what we have.

Yes. EBH does exposed brick garage as default. I have seen builder like MDJ put gyprock. But I like the exposed garage look personally.
InvincibleInDN
Aria28

Yes. EBH does exposed brick garage as default. I have seen builder like MDJ put gyprock. But I like the exposed garage look personally.

Hi Invincible,
Thanks for your reply but the problem with our exposed bricks they had different colour because they choose to used 2 type of bricks but we upgraded our bricks into espresso. It’s not uniform when you look.
Aria28
Hi Invincible,
Thanks for your reply but the problem with our exposed bricks they had different colour because they choose to used 2 type of bricks but we upgraded our bricks into espresso. It’s not uniform when you look.

We got "Vino" and I like the pattern it formed. I have attached a picture of my garage inside. Not a clear picture though.
InvincibleInDN
Aria28
Hi Invincible,

We got "Vino" and I like the pattern it formed. I have attached a picture of my garage inside. Not a clear picture though.

Hi Invincible,

Thanks for the photo it help us understand with our issue.
Congratulations!! Beautiful home, love your brick choice.

We are also building with Eden Brae Homes, it is a KDR. Eden Brae just completed the brick works (except the area above garage door) and the roof tiles (again except the garage roof). They are hoping to complete the remaining brick works, roof tiles and render before the Christmas lock up.I was told that they would like to do an inspection with us before the lock up. I am not 100% what it will be involved. Could you please advise? Anythings that I need to look out for in the inspection? Thank you.
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

1/04/2024
Unsigned variations after a new home is completed

Building A New House

Any advice on a builder in NSW who is demanding an extra 22000k after the house is completed and contract paid in full .Standard HIA contract. Never received a variation.…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum