Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Custom build on acerage in Ipswich QLD

Page 4 of 8
How exciting! Do you think you'll continue to visit site every day?

Absolutely - we live 5mins from site and are supplying a few things ourselves too, so love being able to keep our finger on the pulse
Oh that's so handy and convenient! I'd be there every day too haha

The boys worked a full day Saturday - 90% or trusses were up last night. Fascia and gutter onsite, to be installed tuesday then roof. Tuesday is meant to be wet wet wet so may get delayed a day.

It rained yesterday too actually and the clay soil is a mess!
The house looks teeny on the big block

Yesterday our house got eyebrows.

It rained last week so roof wont be on not until next week now

Eyebrows

Doesn't it suck seeing all the rain go over your nice timber!

So they won't be doing anything today or Friday?
Unfortunately everything has been pushed back - next week will be big though, roof, plumbing and electrical rough in, batts and windows/wrap
Roof and insulation delivered to site now, ready for next week-I had a dream the roof they put on was custard yellow, however I'm pleased to report monument has been delivered to site
Yeah! I've had that many dreams about weird things happening on the house. Happy to say for instance they didn't end up fitting the plaster to the outside and bricks to the inside
Roof started today - and loving my front door choice!!!

Woooo!
Grrrr Roofs not quite done, they've left where the front door and CSDs are sitting to last... go figure

So, our timber front door has started to grow mould on it in a matter of days - given it wasnt stored in a dry area, per the manufacturer-should we be demanding a new one?

The roof still not quite done, will be tomorrow. House wrapped and windows onsite. Builder still has a bit of frame-related work to do yet too.

alymei
Roof and insulation delivered to site now, ready for next week-I had a dream the roof they put on was custard yellow, however I'm pleased to report monument has been delivered to site

Lucky you didn't go custard yellow, people would have mistaken it for a drive-thru Maccas ! 😁
WowBingo
alymei

Lucky you didn't go custard yellow, people would have mistaken it for a drive-thru Maccas ! 😁

Good point! The neighbours might love us even more too lol...
Builder was onsite today, will be back tomorrow. Hes fitted most of the windows, but two of them are wrong (ensuite and 1x front bedroom). Hopefully he will fit CSD etc tomorrow.

Today I started to mow the lawn. Definitely not complaining about that view - however we definitely need to invest in a ride on sometime soon.

Loving the dark grey tint we chose for some windows - they look great!

Will get some more pics tomorrow
Front door is in today:

Plumbing and electrical rough ins done, water meter finally installed. And theres a huge pile of plasterboard onsite too
Builders onsite today, finishing the frame hopefully. External walls are insulated.

Neighbours making a pig of himself again which is unfortunate. Apparently its 'Un-Australian of us to build so close', as he recorded himself speaking into his dictaphone this morning. He was taking photos of the builders today too.

Such a delight...

Related
26/04/2024
Cost of building an acerage home (the hils, NSW)

Building A New House

having built on acres several times i suggest that you also need to add the cost of a sewerage system and any associated fencing, water tanks with associated extra…

2/10/2023
Custom build | Facade colours

Building A New House

I'd get the gutters to match your roof and pipes to match the paint - otherwise they become a feature. Nice pick with the paint colours!

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum