Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Franklin 53 modified

Page 4 of 10
stoff17
Cheers guys, now to be patient and sit tight for a bit of curing time before we see frames

Metricon don’t take long to put up the frame. I had mine 4 days later. Both top and bottom was done in 6 days. And frame was made onsite. Cos it was a cheaper way. As we had so much wood. It would have take so many truck loads. Tradies were shocked my ss said. They couldn’t believe how much wood there was. It’s a more quality build that way as well. That’s what my private inspector said.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
stoff17
Cheers guys, now to be patient and sit tight for a bit of curing time before we see frames

Metricon don’t take long to put up the frame. I had mine 4 days later. Both top and bottom was done in 6 days. And frame was made onsite. Cos it was a cheaper way. As we had so much wood. It would have take so many truck loads. Tradies were shocked my ss said. They couldn’t believe how much wood there was. It’s a more quality build that way as well. That’s what my private inspector said.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

SS has structural steel for the 17th and got frames booked for the 21st and said they get slapped up pretty quick. I can’t wait so I can get a full perception of each room

stoff17
Doulton777
stoff17

viewtopic.php?t=86597

SS has structural steel for the 17th and got frames booked for the 21st and said they get slapped up pretty quick. I can’t wait so I can get a full perception of each room

Ahhh ok they must be busy then. Are you getting steel for your frame?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
stoff17
Doulton777
[quote="stoff17"]Cheers guys, now to be patient and sit tight for a bit of curing time before we see frames

viewtopic.php?t=86597

viewtopic.php?t=86597[/quote]
Not really sure, just for some of the wide opening parts I think. I haven’t seen plans of structural steel. Got no idea really

stoff17
Doulton777
stoff17
[quote="Doulton777"][quote="stoff17"]Cheers guys, now to be patient and sit tight for a bit of curing time before we see frames

viewtopic.php?t=86597

viewtopic.php?t=86597[/quote]
Not really sure, just for some of the wide opening parts I think. I haven’t seen plans of structural steel. Got no idea really

[/quote]

Ahh I think your talking about steel beams. Unless you payed a lot extra for steel frame. By the sounds of it you didn’t. I wonder why it’s taking that long to get the frame thou. Unless I just had mine done quickly.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Yeah it’s the structural parts, all the rest is timber. My SS just wanted to let it cure a bit longer. In the mean time small things like electrical mains to the street will be sorted. Drains done, then a site clean, site bin, brick delivery, then ready for framing

stoff17
Yeah it’s the structural parts, all the rest is timber. My SS just wanted to let it cure a bit longer. In the mean time small things like electrical mains to the street will be sorted. Drains done, then a site clean, site bin, brick delivery, then ready for framing

Cool before you know it. You will have your frame up.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
stoff17

viewtopic.php?t=86597

I can’t wait. This will kill me the next 2-3 weeks

stoff17
Doulton777
stoff17

viewtopic.php?t=86597

I can’t wait. This will kill me the next 2-3 weeks

Hahaha at least your in good company we have al been there. Every stage you just wait eagerly. That’s the hardest part I reckon.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
How's it coming along stoff? Frames up yet?
elieassi1992

Hello elieassi
Pretty slow going. Just slab sitting there curing. We have had underground electrical mains done. Nothing visual for any pics. Other than that, bugger all.
On the up side it should be all go from here as we have site clean and skip delivered tomorrow. Bricks, timber delivery after that and structural steel going up Wednesday I think. Show some pics once this is done.
Frames will be going up Monday week I’m told. Pretty excited now as there shouldn’t be any stagnant time barring weather.

stoff17
elieassi1992

Hello elieassi
Pretty slow going. Just slab sitting there curing. We have had underground electrical mains done. Nothing visual for any pics. Other than that, bugger all.
On the up side it should be all go from here as we have site clean and skip delivered tomorrow. Bricks, timber delivery after that and structural steel going up Wednesday I think. Show some pics once this is done.
Frames will be going up Monday week I’m told. Pretty excited now as there shouldn’t be any stagnant time barring weather.

It's better in the long run for your slab if it cures properly anyway. It's crazy that some builders start framing within days of the slab being poured, just because the surface is dry doesn't mean the inside is!

Look forward to seeing some snaps next week, the frame will go up in no time
Yeah I think so too, I’m not fussed waiting when it’s only better for the slab. SS said when frames start it should be all up in a week or so. Can’t believe that, so Monday week it starts. can’t wait. Then I can get a full perspective of each room. Don’t worry there will be plenty of progress pics

Hope the next few weeks goes quickly. Will be very exciting to see your frames up

Nawsome
Hope the next few weeks goes quickly. Will be very exciting to see your frames up

Thanks nawsome, yep next 2-3 weeks there is a lot going on.

Love seeing these big homes get put together. Wishing you the best of luck for the rest of your construction!
dulie
Love seeing these big homes get put together. Wishing you the best of luck for the rest of your construction!

Thanks dulie, really appreciate the kind words

Well it’s the small things in life. We have some progress. Brick, structural steel and timber ready for framing Monday. Happy days

How exciting. Looks like the weather will be perfect for framing next week

Congrats on your slab.
the frame will go up in no time now. They did ours in 6 days. And I think I told you it was all done onsite. Looks like they are doing the same to yours too.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Related
13/05/2024
Metricon KDRB designs - Vantage 48 or Franklin 50?

Building A New House

😃 will do an exclusive one for Simeon.. COVID back at home.. kept it simple & we moved in.. & yesterday was the first day at our new home.. Few more bits to go -…

13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum