Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes - Grange 25 (Newport)

Page 4 of 17
We were told that the start date was 12 April. Drove past the block today to find that the block has been scraped and little red pegs in the ground. To say I was excited is an understatement.

Omg that’s so exciting! We have the same start date, we really wanted to head out to ours this weekend but we were so flat out, damn I wonder if they got a head start on ours too

Your lot looks so beautiful and large 😍
Such a good surprise! Looking forward to seeing it come together
CC7
Omg that’s so exciting! We have the same start date, we really wanted to head out to ours this weekend but we were so flat out, damn I wonder if they got a head start on ours too

Thanks. I must be a good photographer as it is only 12.5m x 32m, so 400m2. It seems bigger now that it is scraped. The block across the road on the canal is huge, so the view at the moment is terrific. This was taken a while ago.
Congrats that’s exciting! Wait until you see the portaloo

bestspecials
CC7

Thanks. I must be a good photographer as it is only 12.5m x 32m, so 400m2. It seems bigger now that it is scraped. The block across the road on the canal is huge, so the view at the moment is terrific. This was taken a while ago.

oh really? magical photographer skills haha. ours is 12.5 too, but maybe ours looks smaller now because there is a house being built on either side now

you location looks lovely
CC7
bestspecials
CC7

oh really? magical photographer skills haha. ours is 12.5 too, but maybe ours looks smaller now because there is a house being built on either side now

you location looks lovely

I know we have a lowset going in on the left (Coral as well) but not sure what is going in on the right. The block across the road is 2000m2, so there will be something enormous over there.
BrownDog77
Congrats that’s exciting! Wait until you see the portaloo

I will make sure I get the compulsory portaloo shot.
10 April 2018 - Drive past at 7.30am this morning (on my way home from cycling) and piers done Monday and plumbers in today.

This is the outdoor area. Very happy with the size.
wow! so much progress already. so exciting
CC7

Yes, I am thrilled. Hubby thinks I have gone crazy. The plumbers said they should be finished by 2pm today, so who knows what will happen tomorrow. I think we must have got lucky with them starting early.
Any movement on yours or still looking at tomorrow?
bestspecials
CC7

Yes, I am thrilled. Hubby thinks I have gone crazy. The plumbers said they should be finished by 2pm today, so who knows what will happen tomorrow. I think we must have got lucky with them starting early.

how far do you currently live from the lot? We are like 35mins away, with tolls hahah. We really wanted to go out on the weekend, but the build is meant to start tomorrow, and we are meeting the SS on thursday morning so i guess we'll see then of the progress. We are hoping we wont need retaining walls, bit nervous about that. fingers crossed
Wow! They're rearing to go on your block!!!! No mucking around. Its so exciting, isnt it?
CC7
bestspecials
CC7

how far do you currently live from the lot? We are like 35mins away, with tolls hahah. We really wanted to go out on the weekend, but the build is meant to start tomorrow, and we are meeting the SS on thursday morning so i guess we'll see then of the progress. We are hoping we wont need retaining walls, bit nervous about that. fingers crossed

I only went past on Sunday because I was in Redcliffe for training, so you can imagine how surprised I was to see the site scraped. We live at Narangba, so about 20 minutes away. No tolls. We have our meeting with our SS on Tuesday 17 April as he is on school holidays with the family. He said we should have our slab by the time we meet.
Dylandbrooke
Wow! They're rearing to go on your block!!!! No mucking around. Its so exciting, isnt it?

Can't believe so much has happened already. It is finally real.
Theyre off to a flying start!
Looking good best specials! 😁
Wow you are flying! That’s fantastic

13 April - Waffle pods down and slab formed up.

16 April - Slab poured
17 April - Met site superviser and officially told to stay out. Not that there is much block left to stand on. Frames are supposed to arrive on Thursday.

The outdoor area looks even bigger now.
Will be nice if they don't build across the road for a while as the view from the front currently looks across the canal. The pink coloured house (on the left) is on the other side of the canal.
Conslabulations!! Full steam ahead now.
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum