Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes - Modified Grange 29

Page 4 of 17
Dylandbrooke
@bestspecials .... 😕 can i please have your budget?

Have sent you a message
My site was H1 and slab and piering (foundations) added an extra $9000. If you need cut and/or fill that will add more cost. I had a very flat block with a slight fall from back to street front which is almost perfect yet coral charged me $5000 originally for cut and fill work. I challenged them on it ("asked them to show me what they were doing for $5k") and they reduced it to $3800.
I think your $20k allowance is reasoable if you end up with an E class! 🤞Hoping it's not!
klea
My site was H1 and slab and piering (foundations) added an extra $9000. If you need cut and/or fill that will add more cost. I had a very flat block with a slight fall from back to street front which is almost perfect yet coral charged me $5000 originally for cut and fill work. I challenged them on it ("asked them to show me what they were doing for $5k") and they reduced it to $3800.
I think your $20k allowance is reasoable if you end up with an E class! 🤞Hoping it's not!

Hopefully it's all good. Don't want any scary surprises.
Are you planning to use the upgrades Coral offers? Designer and Elegance. Which one do you guys think is the best offer?
carrot_stix
Are you planning to use the upgrades Coral offers? Designer and Elegance. Which one do you guys think is the best offer?

We went with designer and got the majority of the upgrades on offer (the only upgrades we didnt get were the bathroom and laundry upgrades)- we went with designer because our SC told us it was much better value for what we were after.
I think bestspecials are going with elegance for their build and i think that suited them as they were able to upgrade to include aircon and extra concreting
Dylandbrooke
carrot_stix

We went with designer and got the majority of the upgrades on offer (the only upgrades we didnt get were the bathroom and laundry upgrades)- we went with designer because our SC told us it was much better value for what we were after.
I think bestspecials are going with elegance for their build and i think that suited them as they were able to upgrade to include aircon and extra concreting

We are going Elegance because we are getting the ducted air con and extra integrated outdoor concreting/tiling too. The more I check it out, I am even thinking of doing the Neo Kitchen upgrade too. OMG!! My price just keeps going up. I want everything. LOL!!
bestspecials
Dylandbrooke
carrot_stix

We are going Elegance because we are getting the ducted air con and extra integrated outdoor concreting/tiling too. The more I check it out, I am even thinking of doing the Neo Kitchen upgrade too. OMG!! My price just keeps going up. I want everything. LOL!!
Today we signed our final tender, paid the balance of our 5% deposit and our SC sent off our plans for covenant approval!
Here are our final drawings ☺

We are going to owner supply our tapware, laundry, pantry (base cupboards along one side) and WIR - going to do the ikea pax robe.

We've booked in for our tile appointment with Beaumont Tiles on the 5th of October.

Yay!!!! We are getting somewhere!
Dylandbrooke
Today we signed our final tender, paid the balance of our 5% deposit and our SC sent off our plans for covenant approval!

We are going to owner supply our tapware, laundry, pantry (base cupboards along one side) and WIR - going to do the ikea pax robe.

We've booked in for our tile appointment with Beaumont Tiles on the 5th of October.

Congratulations. I love how you have a separate toilet in the ensuite, such a great idea.
Everything looks amazing, can't wait to see you start your build.
Thanks bestspecials - i cant wait either. Hopefully we can start before xmas!
How exciting!!! Your pantry is huge, looks bigger than mine and you don't have your fridge in there

You will love your corner stackers, I freakin love ours
Thanks charlibear - I think the stacker doors are my fav part of the house!
I love yours and klea's😍
How exciting ☺️. Love you family and dining space.
carrot_stix

Thanks Carrot!
Have you popped in and visited a sales consultant for a quote yet?
Dylandbrooke
carrot_stix

Thanks Carrot!
Have you popped in and visited a sales consultant for a quote yet?
Dylandbrooke

Yay!!! Moving right along - really happy for you!
Cheers jayajaya 🥂
Here are the charges and upgrades we were charged for our build:
(Sorry it's a bit long but hopefully helpful to you if you're thinking of building with Coral)

Site/Engineer/Power/Telecommunications/Sewerage/Stormwater/Water/Council/On Site Management/Survey fees

Promos

Structural Modifications

Reconfigure house as per plans, including:
* Provide a 6240mm long x 6870mm wide "L" shaped outdoor living area with three (3) 90mm x 90mm painted timber posts, in lieu of standard.
* Provide a 3460mm long x 5430mm wide living room.
* Delete media room, including to delete double hinged doors.
* Provide a 1630mm long 2750mm wide laundry to rear
of garage in lieu of standard.
* Increase length of master bedroom to 4300mm.
* Provide a 1780mm long x 5000mm wide ensuite in lieu of standard, reposition toilet enclosure, shower enclosure, vanity unit as per plan.
* Provide a 1800mm long x 5000mm wide walk-in robe to rear of ensuite in lieu of standard.
* Delete entire walk-in linen, including shelving, reposition internal hinged door to walk-in robe.
* Delete IT hub, including laminate bench top and recess.
* Provide a Hume XF3 half glass hinged external doorwith clear glazing to laundry in lieu of existing sliding door.
* Provide revised promotional floor coverings, including timber look flooring to living room in lieu of carpet.
* Provide a built-in cupboard with vinyl door and built-in linen adjacent to rear of garage.
* Please note includes credit for the removal of bath from the ensuite. -$350

Internal modifications

Electrical

Finishing Items
Electrical - Nice to know:
The following are included in the electrical allowance for the grange 29:
Total number of light points = 23
Total number of single power points = 6
(includes 1 for dishwasher space, 1 for fridge space, 1 for microwave space, 1 for rangehood, 1 for automatic garage door opener, 1 for NBN)
Total number of double power points = 17 (includes 1 for washing machine provision, 1 for bathroom, 1 for ensuite)
Total number of TV points = 1
Total number of smoke detectors = 7
Total number of exhaust fans = 1
Total number of phone points = 1
Total number of data points = 1
Cool! Great to see your tender letter. With corner stacking doors what does the fly screen look like? Is the mesh noticeable or not noticeable?
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum