Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our First Home Blog - DayDream 28 (modified)

Page 4 of 5
Doors, windows and pipes to the bathrooms have been installed. Guttering pipping has also been installed. Tomorrow meeting the electrician and Sunday have a mate to install data cabling all over the house before the walls get put up.
Week 6 completed.... We have windows, doors, walls, ceiling, electrical rough in, bricks have been completed today. Next week should be render going on.
We feel we are going along nicely at this stage.
Nice have you gone with a portico?

dougang287
Nice have you gone with a portico?

No we haven’t, we left it as standard. We may do it down the track, it was an extra $15,000 or something so we passed.
Yep I know we got one

It is going up so quickly.
I hope mine goes just as quick 🤞
We didn't go with a portico either, the daydream one is so damn expensive compared to other houses. 15k can be better spent.

xjanex
We didn't go with a portico either, the daydream one is so damn expensive compared to other houses. 15k can be better spent.

Yeah it is, I go to the house everyday after work and there is always something new done. Our SS told us we could keep the leftover bricks which is good cause we will use them for our front yard after handover.

I see you guys had to hire a generator for your build as well? Something for us, where are you building? And did you change your plan much on the daydream?
OurDayDream28
xjanex

Yeah it is, I go to the house everyday after work and there is always something new done. Our SS told us we could keep the leftover bricks which is good cause we will use them for our front yard after handover.

I see you guys had to hire a generator for your build as well? Something for us, where are you building? And did you change your plan much on the daydream?

We are building out at Canungra. We can't understand what's going on with the power, because I spoke to origin and they said there is no delays with power connections, but everyone that is currently building on the GC is having problems with them.
Can I ask how much it cost you for the generator?

We made a few changes, we completely changed our ensuite, flipped pantry and linen, extended garage, deleted windows, added doors, moved windows.

It's unfortunate the rain you guys have to worry about now which adds to the pressure. We really liked the look of it but it's not worth it really. But we have it now lol

We got a generator for $50 per day through the coral chippie

dougang287

Fingers crossed our chippie has one 🤞🤞

xjanex
dougang287

Fingers crossed our chippie has one 🤞🤞

That’s what we should have done, but we hired one through Coats Hire which was $79 a day. We had power connected within 8 working days, we were stuffed around by Coral who had our paperwork but didn’t forward it to Origin so we had to contact origin ourselves and fill paperwork out again.
That's shocking being stuffed around

I haven’t posted in awhile but things are coming along nicely, SS is trying to get things moving and on time. I’ve been by the house pretty much everyday just to see the progress.

We had an issue with National Tiles informing us that our tiles we selected for the outside area was not available anymore which in the end we realised that they were to dark anyways so we changed them.

Our SS has been great, informing us with updates etc and answers his phone when we call, which isn’t that often.

A few photos so far.

OurDayDream28

Love your bathroom config and how long is your island bench WOW

viewtopic.php?t=88323&f=31&p=1771329#p1771329
H Family
OurDayDream28

Love your bathroom config and how long is your island bench WOW

Yeah it’s close to 4m long. We loved the daydream because of this.
We are coming up to our 12 week of our build. Things are moving along nicely, with the 2 weeks shutdown over Xmas we have been told by our SS that our final walk through should be around the 25th of Jan 2018. So we should be in our new home a week or 2 after that.

Our painter is going to be working through the holidays to get everything done which is nice, and the first week back after holidays the carpet and flooring will be put in. Only thing we are nervous about is the gas line being hooked up on time so it doesn't hold up our build.
Our house so far. Locked up over the Xmas Holiday break.

OurDayDream28
Our house so far. Locked up over the Xmas Holiday break.

Love your door

Related
21/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Congrats. Will be watching this progress and interested to see how you go with summit.

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum