Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Arden Home - Votivo 43

Page 4 of 14
OBB
HoneyDee
Hi OBB & Manj,
Can you’ll please share the name of your independent inspector? We are looking for a good & reliable one. Our site start is December. You can PM the name & number if you like.

We are with New Home Inspections. Our inspector is Paul C. They are worth every cent! but you need to book in advance as they are pretty busy. They rare doing a great job and very thorough! I'd rather skip a year of shopping and pay these guys moneys than risk getting a beautiful looking time bomb.

Hey thanks for letting me know.Will surely contact them and take a quote
pEast
Manj
Demolition is almost done, final plans approved, building permit issued and we shouldn't be too far from site start. Only if I knew who my Site Supervisor would be ??:roll:

Wow - all set for the adventure - Remember to take photos every day as many as possoble.

What happened didn’t the kids want that granny flat as their office

Great!!! All the best for a site start and hope you get a good SS. They say having a good SS is very important
HoneyDee
pEast
Manj
Demolition is almost done, final plans approved, building permit issued and we shouldn't be too far from site start. Only if I knew who my Site Supervisor would be ??:roll:

Wow - all set for the adventure - Remember to take photos every day as many as possoble.

Great!!! All the best for a site start and hope you get a good SS. They say having a good SS is very important

Thanks HoneyDee totally agree

pEast
Manj

Lol pEast our alfresco slightly touches the bungalow so it had to go and they also have to have clearance for scaffolding .. it was a good source of $$ though which we will miss

HoneyDee
Hi OBB & Manj,
Can you’ll please share the name of your independent inspector? We are looking for a good & reliable one. Our site start is December. You can PM the name & number if you like.

Sorry for the late reply.. inspect direct is our preference at this stage .. will send details shortly when I get home

HoneyDee
Hi OBB & Manj,

HoneyDee here you go

Demolishers were finishing off on the 30th August ... when I went to inspect I see a pile of fill ... thinking the demolition company has done half a job I ring them ... to my surprise they tell me ‘your builder has organised the fill’ ... I just looked like an idiot, not knowing what’s happening in my build ..🤬

So here we go .. no communication from Arden that we are heading from preconstruction to construction .. no call from SS or construction admin.

I rang the CSA the next morning and she tells me not to be alarmed that they have organised for fill and also that we have been scheduled for site cut for next Wednesday ... seriously ??? Where is my engineering drawings? Where is confirmation that I’ve moved to construction .. does anybody care to at least call me!??

I’m hoping in two weeks my neighbour will call and tell me that we have a slab.. because at this rate they’ll know before I get informed by Arden ! Not happy ! Seriously not happy at all !

What's the problem? They only do what's in the contract. Do you need to know every thing??

sweetswisssteel
What's the problem? They only do what's in the contract. Do you need to know every thing??

What’s your problem sweetswisssteel
Yes I do ..

Mate, let them build it, get your inspections done and hope for a good outcome.
Unless of course your contract states that they must call you before they do anything and give you daily updates??

sweetswisssteel
Mate, let them build it, get your inspections done and hope for a good outcome.
Unless of course your contract states that they must call you before they do anything and give you daily updates??

sweetswisssteel.. you don’t get it do you? If they failed to advice that I have moved to construction what makes you think they will advice my inspectors in a timely manner for inspections
whilst contracts don’t specify timely communication the success of a project is reliant on successful and timely communication .. thanks for your advice

There will be an access clause etc in your HIA contract, you have the right to demand access to the build for yourself or a representative. Just specify when you want the inspection. It's your job then to drive past occasionally and see how it's going and be nice to them.

Hey mate, have a look at this link:

https://nhs.trade/1382-2/

Wow Manj - I think that this is a poor start to not be communicate that they have moved from Admin to construction and to not provide Engineering documents yet, is extremely poor form, considering that up until you are notified that you have been moved to construction you are still responsible and liable for EVERYTHING that happens on your property.

I'd go back to your admin and ask for written confirmation that you have moved to construction. I would also be asking for all Engineering documentation, as this should be provided before they start so that if you are going to engaged an independent inspector, they have all documents so that they can review on your behalf before the concrete is poured. Ask for all of this via email.

I hope that it gets better for you, as this can be stressful enough without being communicated with what is happening with the build.

Good Luck
Rachael13
Wow Manj - I think that this is a poor start to not be communicate that they have moved from Admin to construction and to not provide Engineering documents yet, is extremely poor form, considering that up until you are notified that you have been moved to construction you are still responsible and liable for EVERYTHING that happens on your property.

I'd go back to your admin and ask for written confirmation that you have moved to construction. I would also be asking for all Engineering documentation, as this should be provided before they start so that if you are going to engaged an independent inspector, they have all documents so that they can review on your behalf before the concrete is poured. Ask for all of this via email.

I hope that it gets better for you, as this can be stressful enough without being communicated with what is happening with the build.

Good Luck

Thanks Rachael13, we are both very disappointed to say the least. It’s just unprofessionalism isn’t it?

Manj
Demolishers were finishing off on the 30th August ... when I went to inspect I see a pile of fill ... thinking the demolition company has done half a job I ring them ... to my surprise they tell me ‘your builder has organised the fill’ ... I just looked like an idiot, not knowing what’s happening in my build ..🤬

So here we go .. no communication from Arden that we are heading from preconstruction to construction .. no call from SS or construction admin.

I rang the CSA the next morning and she tells me not to be alarmed that they have organised for fill and also that we have been scheduled for site cut for next Wednesday ... seriously ??? Where is my engineering drawings? Where is confirmation that I’ve moved to construction .. does anybody care to at least call me!??

I’m hoping in two weeks my neighbour will call and tell me that we have a slab.. because at this rate they’ll know before I get informed by Arden ! Not happy ! Seriously not happy at all !

It’s just that their contractor for providing land fill would have thought I am free today and let’s go and finish off the job.
I was given a site start for 1st Nov and the contractor turned up and did site cut one day earlier whereas the temp fencing guys came after him in the afternoon.
They have to let you on site for inspections it's part of your HIA contract. Just make sure they are given notice, but they don't need to tell you each day what they are up to.

pEast
Manj

It’s just that their contractor for providing land fill would have thought I am free today and let’s go and finish off the job.
I was given a site start for 1st Nov and the contractor turned up and did site cut one day earlier whereas the temp fencing guys came after him in the afternoon.

Thanks pEast but I haven’t even been given engineering drawings, what am I to provide my independent inspector with.

I still haven’t been handed over to construction, will they advise me when other things in the build occur so I can organise the inspector?

Manj
pEast
Manj

Thanks pEast but I haven’t even been given engineering drawings, what am I to provide my independent inspector with.

I still haven’t been handed over to construction, will they advise me when other things in the build occur so I can organise the inspector?

No it's not their job to always tell you where they are up to mate.
You tell them in writing when you want your inspection ie frame stage etc and they must allow it. It's in your contract.
You can request all your engineering etc and they have to provide it, because your independent inspector cannot inspect without it.
Please know, any specs or inclusions etc including the size of rooms etc, they will not be checked by your inspector.
It is your job to make sure you get what is specified in contract.
Honestly, I am trying to help you because I have been through this **** with builders more than once.

Send an email to your admin person telling you need engineering drawings to be given to your inspector for pre-pour inspector. Also ask for council approved final plans to be given to your bank.
Related
13/06/2024
What are our rights with our draftsman and the completion of

Building A New House

I second taking your plans elsewhere. They're yours (unless you ended up in one of those cheaper arrangements where you don't own the rights and the build will be tendered…

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum