Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes - Modified Longreach 33 in QLD

Page 4 of 26
Tribe7
em-n-craig
Thanks Tribe, nothing happened on site today, just a delivery for the brickies. Spoke to SS this morning as not all acoustic batts were installed. He is going to sort it and hoping to meet him on site tomorrow to discuss a few things.

It's a 3 phase 20kw system so will chew the power for sure
I hope that was a quarter, our last rental had an older single phase Daiken ducted and a pool and we did over $700 a month for 2 months!! I'm hoping the newer systems are more efficient lol. We are going to wait until we get our first few bills before deciding on solar.......living in hope maybe the house will get some cooling breezes.

Spent all day there yesterday and got most of it done then remembered noggins for ceiling fans. Managed to get a couple done and hoping plasterboard will start next week so I can finish off over the weekend, if not then I'll be a roof rat doing the rest of them, some will have to wait until after the aircon counters are installed. I have a healthy respect for how quickly tradies get things done, although I'm a measure 3 times, think about it recheck then cut and still get it wrong.

How are things going for you?

Managed to catch the framing guys onsite one day and they did TV noggins in 4 rooms last week.

Oohhh thanks for the pics Craig, the raised portico looks fab. I'm really excited to see it started. Between yourself and Henry I'm getting hints of who mine should look

Omg your power bill is worse than mine holy hell. Yes 3 phase ducted is much better to run but still likes to gobble the power, we might do well with solar

Good on your for getting out there and getting so much done, the less time you have to spend stuck in a hot ceiling cavity the better. Hehhehe least your thorough with your measuring and cutting, I'm a bit the same and Mr T laughs at me

Getting there slowly on my front, sorted out the fridge, ducted quote due back along with everything else it's just the waiting game on quotes and info

No probs, the elevations don't really do it justice and Coral don't show it on their website anymore. I did have an old design book showing it, but that has either been thrown out or is buried in one of the moving boxes somewhere in the garage.

Yes, hoping to not have bills like that again.

I will probably be up there when the down lights are getting done tho but hopefully it will be in winter.

Good to hear, hoping to see your build starting soon. A new fridge......very nice, think it's about time we get one when we move......will just have to see how much money is left over haha
Some update pics. Plastering almost finished and bricks started.

Kitchen, dining & family

Kitchen looking into rumpus

Family

Hallway

Entrance hallway

Bricks

Wow it looks so big! How exciting
love yr bricks too what colour are they?

Looking good guys! Really love your front door as well
WOW
Your build is powering along em-n-Craig. All those long weekends didn't slow it down. Looking good
BrownDog77
Wow it looks so big! How exciting
love yr bricks too what colour are they?

Thanks, it's a good size and really pleased with the bricks, they are PGH Emerald and should pop once the off white mortar lightens up more.
fleabee86
Looking good guys! Really love your front door as well

Thanks fleabee, we almost want to leave the door natural as it looks so nice, will be merbau
HENRY
WOW
Your build is powering along em-n-Craig. All those long weekends didn't slow it down. Looking good

Thanks Henry, We are so pleased with how quickly it's going. Went to site today and there were 6 brickies going hard at it, was amazing watching how quickly they work.
It sounds like your brickies know what teamwork is all about.

I must say that I have never seen so many teams of tradies until this build. Everyone around us are flying through there builds. First home started 18/2/17 and now we have probably 30 new homes being built around us.
I think so lol, the mixer was going non stop and a young lad was constantly mixing and barrowing mortar to them. We never saw the plasterers and aircon installers and have been to site most days. First Homes are doing a great job with your place, plasterboard will be up soon.

Was talking to the bricky boss today, he has just got his builders licence and is wanting to setup a home building company, said there is loads of work around, doing loads of weekends and having to take on more brickies. I can see why, his work is excellent.
More brickwork today and this was at 1.30pm

Omg I take a break for a couple of days to wallow (just kidding, takes more than that to get this old girl down) and your house has gone gang busters. I am gobsmacked! Bricking looks really neat, you can see how much pride those boys take in there work by how clean the bricks are, your bricks barely need a pressure clean which is awesome, I've seen some bricks laid that are so filthy with mortar you can hardly see the bricks below. Give that man a high

Gyprock looks great too, what's your thoughts on the internal spaces now??

Wow, I'm like tribe... taking a couple days off and wow your house is turned into Speedy Gonzalez

Brick work looks really good, nice and tidy!!

Plaster looks awesome

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
Wow...following as well. That is some slab...and jealous of your block....nice distance from neighbours. Great choices too. You're place is flying along. Hope it all goes well.
Tribe7
Omg I take a break for a couple of days to wallow (just kidding, takes more than that to get this old girl down) and your house has gone gang busters. I am gobsmacked! Bricking looks really neat, you can see how much pride those boys take in there work by how clean the bricks are, your bricks barely need a pressure clean which is awesome, I've seen some bricks laid that are so filthy with mortar you can hardly see the bricks below. Give that man a high

Gyprock looks great too, what's your thoughts on the internal spaces now??

Haha thanks Tribe, met the SS yesterday and he said some builds like ours just fly along, hope this continues all the way. We can't get over how tidy the brick work is too, boss man is a pom so explains it maybe......I'm only saying that as I'm a bias pom too

The internal spaces sure do take a different look with the gyprock up, they look huge now. Strange how rooms look smaller then you can see through the framing, must be a depth perception thing.
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum