Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

8 months -Tiles! - Our forever home in West Melb.

Page 4 of 5
stayxtrue
Mrs_W
LOVING my stacker door.

Slow week otherwise. Nothing has happened since Monday.

Iv just come across your thread! The wind had been insane!!! Progress can be slow when building a house and for us it's been super slow
this rain is stopping our slab

The wind sure was crazy. Glad it was easy fixed. Our framer is on unexpected leave so that has stalled our frame. Hopefully he's back soon.

Wow, so it's big and beautiful
3 months tomorrow since site start. Our roof trusses are almost complete. Found out earlier in the week that the gas meter location as per the plans doesn't comply with regulations... just like the meter box didn't comply. Their solution isn't ideal, so still 'negotiating' with them.

Had Darbecca do our slab & frame inspection today. 32 defects which the report said is above average. So the frame is kinda of complete. If anyone is interested in the list of defects, they're on my blog. Too many to copy and paste here.

Roof is finally complete! House is being wrapped on Monday and bricks will start Tuesday or Wednesday. So hard to get a decent photo with the temp fencing and safety rail in the way. Newcastle roof tiles.

And bricks have been delivered. They are PGH Kurrajong.

All of the defects in the Darbecca report have been acknowledged and have been fixed - thank goodness.

I asked our SS about a completion date and in reality, it will probably not be until February.
Our contract time expires in February... Another hot summer in this crappy rental.
Mrs_W
Roof is finally complete! House is being wrapped on Monday and bricks will start Tuesday or Wednesday. So hard to get a decent photo with the temp fencing and safety rail in the way. Newcastle roof tiles.

And bricks have been delivered. They are PGH Kurrajong.

All of the defects in the Darbecca report have been acknowledged and have been fixed - thank goodness.

I asked our SS about a completion date and in reality, it will probably not be until February.
Our contract time expires in February... Another hot summer in this crappy rental.
oh your completion date is February? Really? Im just few weeks ahead i feel like before Christmas i will move in...

Yeah, it looks like it.

Mrs_W
Yeah, it looks like it.

Hope you too... but i think they are doing in good speed.. my SS said that if building inspector provided long lost and ask us to rectify the issues which will turn more delays... my plaster was about to started yesterday but moved to Tuesday now...

Our builder says the same thing about the inspection report.

Looks good! I'm glad they've rectified the issues in the report.
Look forward to seeing the bricks layed, they look lovely

Roof is looking good

Hopefully your build is speedy and you are in before Xmas
Fallen love with your stacker door.

We are also planning to build with Bentley homes Kylami double storey. How is your experience so far? What upgrades did you do?
samfin

We are also planning to build with Bentley homes Kylami double storey. How is your experience so far? What upgrades did you do?

Our stacker is caked in mud from the tradies at the moment so not looking pretty at the moment. Tempted to put a "no shoes" sign at the front door

The Kylami is a great design. When are you planning on starting?

Upgrades, um, it was that long ago, I need to check the tender. We upgraded the carpet to Cat 5 and underlay, and flooring to Cat 2, ceiling insulation for 6 star energy rating, eaves, flyscreens, a wider, timber stained front door, flyscreen for stacker, all taps and door handles, and privacy locks. horizontal grain on all cabinets, silk finish to overheads, drawer in bathroom cabinets, longer towel rails, shower heads, extra garden tap, mirrored sliding robe doors, shower niches,full length bench in laundry, external floodlights, all paint to Taubmans Endure, cavity slider to ensuite, few extra power points, and an external one, and moved our bathroom ones to inside the cabinet. And the promo they had on at the time which included an upgraded facade, glass splashback, stone benchtops in bathrooms and pantry, waterfall edges to island, the stacker, soft close doors. It was only $999, so silly not to go with the promo. I don't think we went too over the top, but all up it came to about $12,500.

There were brickies there yesterday unpacking the bricks, hopefully they will start laying them today.

We still don't have power connected, so will need a generator... sore point.
The Brickies started today! I think they've done a great job, they look straight and evenly spaced. The bricks look totally different up.

Congrats
The bricks look really good!!
aloenyx
Congrats
The bricks look really good!!

Thanks lovely. I'm really happy with them.

Mrs_W
samfin

Our stacker is caked in mud from the tradies at the moment so not looking pretty at the moment. Tempted to put a "no shoes" sign at the front door

The Kylami is a great design. When are you planning on starting?

Upgrades, um, it was that long ago, I need to check the tender. We upgraded the carpet to Cat 5 and underlay, and flooring to Cat 2, ceiling insulation for 6 star energy rating, eaves, flyscreens, a wider, timber stained front door, flyscreen for stacker, all taps and door handles, and privacy locks. horizontal grain on all cabinets, silk finish to overheads, drawer in bathroom cabinets, longer towel rails, shower heads, extra garden tap, mirrored sliding robe doors, shower niches,full length bench in laundry, external floodlights, all paint to Taubmans Endure, cavity slider to ensuite, few extra power points, and an external one, and moved our bathroom ones to inside the cabinet. And the promo they had on at the time which included an upgraded facade, glass splashback, stone benchtops in bathrooms and pantry, waterfall edges to island, the stacker, soft close doors. It was only $999, so silly not to go with the promo. I don't think we went too over the top, but all up it came to about $12,500.

There were brickies there yesterday unpacking the bricks, hopefully they will start laying them today.

We still don't have power connected, so will need a generator... sore point.

Your brick is looking pretty good. what mortar did you put on the bricks?

We are still on early on our process not yet gone through the color selection as our land is not titled. I have taken the promo but don't have the option of waterfall edges to island bench anymore.

I hope your electricity issue sorted out quickly.

What flooring did you go with in CAT 2? How much it cost you? I m double minded now whether to go with with engineered laminate or tiles.
The mortar is natural colour with rolled joints.

This is all of our flooring.

Carpet for bedrooms and theatre upgrade to Cat 5 came to $2585
Underlay upgrade $348
Tiles are only in laundry and bathrooms
Laminate timber everywhere else $1546. The promo included Cat 1, but changed the back retreat to laminate from carpet and upgraded it all to Cat 2.

I love the laminate flooring. I feel that it is warmer than tiles and much quieter and softer under foot as well.

Mrs_W
The mortar is natural colour with rolled joints.

This is all of our flooring.

Carpet for bedrooms and theatre upgrade to Cat 5 came to $2585
Underlay upgrade $348
Tiles are only in laundry and bathrooms
Laminate timber everywhere else $1546. The promo included Cat 1, but changed the back retreat to laminate from carpet and upgraded it all to Cat 2.

I love the laminate flooring. I feel that it is warmer than tiles and much quieter and softer under foot as well.

Liked the color. Looking very nice! Yes you are right laminate keeps your floor more warmer than tiles and saves heating cost.
Related
9/05/2024
2 months old decking problems

Outdoor Living

Our external decking was only installed 2 months ago, and already moulded, with cracks, and some timber decolorated. The decking is in an exposed area, uncovered in our…

21/05/2024
Building a flame zone house in West Pymble on a steep site

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, One of my favourite parts of a build is when the temporary fence comes down and the home begins to reveal itself. It also means we are on the home straight…

6/12/2023
Skylight facing west, sufficient light in mornings?

General Discussion

It might be a bit darker in the mornings but the light is still light, so you should be getting it. Similar to what you see from your western windows

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum