Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Rawson Homes - Balmoral 34 MK1 St George Area NSW

Page 4 of 11
SteveMc
... I remember now. I requested the account team prepare the revised payment schedule due to the breach in contract clause xx. If you challenge the accounts team they will listen and usually hastle the construction manager.

Thanks SteveMc. I will look into this. We aren't due for completion until Oct but if it's taken this long to get this far then...
The trouble is we have no idea of what happens next so we imagine the worst. It's just human nature.
How are you enjoying your home?
The house is fantastic. Still need plans approved for the landscaping which is killing me at the moment. Once your in, the pain of the actual build fades quickly if that helps.

SteveMc
The house is fantastic. Still need plans approved for the landscaping which is killing me at the moment. Once your in, the pain of the actual build fades quickly if that helps.

i hope so !

They have taken down most of the scaffolding (it just remains where the balcony will be). Next week they put the lower roof on. Not sure what's after that but I am hoping the build will speed up now that rain won't interfere with anything.

Nice to see photos from you Fee, at least internal of your house is much cleaner than my place. And your windows are very clean.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81624
I stupidly just spent a couple of hours cleaning up the internals. I couldn't stand looking at the mess. The windows aren't actually installed at the back.

Hi, I've been silently following your thread
great design you have there and the corner stacker looks magnificent. I too have been very tempted to do a clean up, sort of hoping to set a example for the trades...but have found every excuse not to so far haha so good on ya for cleaning up, it's so refreshing to see a clean site.

Fee121
They have taken down most of the scaffolding (it just remains where the balcony will be). Next week they put the lower roof on. Not sure what's after that but I am hoping the build will speed up now that rain won't interfere with anything

Great to see they're progressing with your build. After lower roof you should have your tap fittings installed if they haven't done that yet. Otherwise you'll have electrical rough in and air con installation (vents/ piping) followed by gyprock.
iceberg.
Fee121
They have taken down most of the scaffolding (it just remains where the balcony will be). Next week they put the lower roof on. Not sure what's after that but I am hoping the build will speed up now that rain won't interfere with anything

Great to see they're progressing with your build. After lower roof you should have your tap fittings installed if they haven't done that yet. Otherwise you'll have electrical rough in and air con installation (vents/ piping) followed by gyprock.

Thanks Iceberg

OMG it looks like they have just Re delivered the scaffolding they removed last week. This is doing my head in... anyone know how long it takes to go from lower roof being installed until completion??

Fee121
SteveMc
... I remember now. I requested the account team prepare the revised payment schedule due to the breach in contract clause xx. If you challenge the accounts team they will listen and usually hastle the construction manager.

Thanks SteveMc. I will look into this. We aren't due for completion until Oct but if it's taken this long to get this far then...
The trouble is we have no idea of what happens next so we imagine the worst. It's just human nature.

Hi Fee121, we are building a Balmoral Majestic 38 in Ryde and peg out started in May 2016. We're looking at a handover date in mid October 2017! We were promised handover around December 2016, then March 2017, then May, then June then July now September for walkthrough so around October for handover. Hubby and I are absolutely livid!
VictoriaEve
Fee121
SteveMc

Hi Fee121, we are building a Balmoral Majestic 38 in Ryde and peg out started in May 2016. We're looking at a handover date in mid October 2017! We were promised handover around December 2016, then March 2017, then May, then June then July now September for walkthrough so around October for handover. Hubby and I are absolutely livid!

Oh VictoriaEve that's terrible. Did they keep you informed throughout the build so that you knew what the hold ups were or did they just string you along?

Nope. They kept us in the dark. Our fault for not chasing it up but we were busy with work and put our trust in Rawson. What a mistake that was! How's your build coming along?
VictoriaEve
Nope. They kept us in the dark. Our fault for not chasing it up but we were busy with work and put our trust in Rawson. What a mistake that was! How's your build coming along?

I am worried that we haven't hassled them enough either. The SS said that we are on track for a November handover but we are at week 32 and still don't have a roof on the ground floor.... I guess we will see.

Fee121
VictoriaEve

I am worried that we haven't hassled them enough either. The SS said that we are on track for a November handover but we are at week 32 and still don't have a roof on the ground floor.... I guess we will see.

It might be time to start chasing them early - don't wait until you get to our stage - we're 68 weeks and counting!
They have finally put the roof on the lower level. The SS has said the gyprockers are booked and we have the tiles ordered for the wet areas. Fingers crossed. I still have concerns regarding a gap between the splash back window and the wall but...we'll see.

Fee121
They have finally put the roof on the lower level. The SS has said the gyprockers are booked and we have the tiles ordered for the wet areas. Fingers crossed. I still have concerns regarding a gap between the splash back window and the wall but...we'll see.

Great to see that Rawson are finally moving to your internals! There is a few weeks between gyprock and tiling for the wet areas. They'll probably have your kitchen and bathroom cabinetry and waterproofing done before the tiles are laid. Regarding the gap between your splashback window and the wall - Do you have a picture pointing out the gap (even if it's a one from Google)? It's a bit hard to imagine where a gap would exist there.
iceberg.
Fee121

Great to see that Rawson are finally moving to your internals! There is a few weeks between gyprock and tiling for the wet areas. They'll probably have your kitchen and bathroom cabinetry and waterproofing done before the tiles are laid. Regarding the gap between your splashback window and the wall - Do you have a picture pointing out the gap (even if it's a one from Google)? It's a bit hard to imagine where a gap would exist there.

I can't find an image. I will take a photo next time I am at the house in daylight to show you.

Fee121

Yay for completed roof.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
Here's the gap I was talking about....

Related
24/02/2024
Building in Vineyard with Rawson

Building A New House

Just started the Build process for Chifley 42 with Rawson homes, will keep you all posted with the Build progress.

8/01/2024
Mojo Homes, Enigma 46 - Gables NSW

Building A New House

Hi all, We are considering Enigma 46 from Mojo Homes in Gables, NSW. Has anyone built with Mojo and any pointers and feedback. Also, if anyone has built similar design…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum