Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

10m Frontage Block - Dreamstart Build - Calleya Estate

Page 4 of 8
Looking great El

Thanks Mrs Doe

So as our SS had said lock up was booked for tomorrow, my partner and I thought we would take one last opportunity to be in the house and have a cute Valentine's Day picnic in the living area.

Alas, Dreamstart are ahead again.... they locked up today!!

So no picnic in the house, but the next stage completed

Modified Dream Verona - Dreamstart
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85632
Haha awesome news about lock-up! Not so good news for your first valentine's day in the house tho!

View thread:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83776&start=80
That's ok - gosh they're moving fast. Went for a stalk before work and they've started the cabinets! Laundry too. Can't see into the bathrooms to check there
this is going to kill me!

So exciting!

Wow they are motoring along

View thread:
Zooming! Hardstand!

Kitchen! (Again)

Back door was left unlocked. Too excited to get in to be upset (and it happens).

Here's some more photos of our cabinets

Tiles have been delivered, too.

Great that you could sneak in for a peak!

Love the kitchen cabinet colour El!

Coming along really well El

View thread:
Thanks guys

Today we have shelving and doors. So glad my parents can go while the tradies are there and take snaps for me!

They painted the render today - seems a bit ahead of schedule?

Ceilings and doors painted, too.

And the pier was rebuilt today!

Looking great. Your build seems to be going quicker than mine did.

View thread:
Thanks, Rose

Just a little worried it's going too quick!

I've noticed these cracks in the corners. We've only had plaster for one week? Is this normal?!

Let your clo know abou them

View thread:
Will send an email today.

After a quiet week last week, looks like the bench tops and sinks were installed on Saturday.

Also, notwithstanding a couple of emails, our back door and garage doors have remained open for over a week. I think there has only been one occasion - the day of lock up - where the house has actually been locked up. The garage entry door doesn't lock properly and is currently being held closed by a few bricks. That's promising

El17
Will send an email today.

After a quiet week last week, looks like the bench tops and sinks were installed on Saturday.

Also, notwithstanding a couple of emails, our back door and garage doors have remained open for over a week. I think there has only been one occasion - the day of lock up - where the house has actually been locked up. The garage entry door doesn't lock properly and is currently being held closed by a few bricks. That's promising

Hope they get onto those issues for you. It's a double edge sword the whole not locking up issue. On one hand you can still get inside but on the other the last thing you want is the build being held up because of thieves or vandals!

Gosh! I agree with silentbob! I do hope you don't get any vandalism on your house. Looking good btw - wish i could have had a proper laundry cupboard - really miss the storage & benchtop it would have provided *sigh*. That's a job for later.

View thread:
Thanks team. Yeah I'm not really happy with it - once or twice, I understand mistakes happen - but when it's been over a week and I've notified them? That's not good enough.

The laundry cabinet was pretty much over 1/3 of our pre-start cost - and they couldn't even put soft close doors! The entire house is soft close everything, and the one item we paid a fair bit for doesn't have it? There are a few little things of that nature that just don't make sense.

I'm in the process of drafting a rather lengthy email... Our render paint is atrocious, there is chipped render EVERYWHERE, holes in some of the ceiling panels in the garage, the cracks in the plaster, cracked bricks, and what looks like some mould-type substance in our WIP... I won't bore you with the rest.

Some of the shine is definitely starting to wear off

I know it's all part of the process... just hard not to get deflated.
Related
3/08/2023
Building on a Block with Large Frontage

Building A New House

Thanks. this looks really nice.

1/05/2024
House Designs making use of wide (~ 20m) frontage

Building A New House

Yes, Im following your Lindfield build, looks amazing.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum