Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Home Buyer/Build - Bold Living

Page 4 of 5
PCI booked for 29 September at 8.00am, and all things going well, handover for Friday 6 October 2017 (one day before my birthday). Maybe I can convince Mr Z to start shopping now !!!!!
Your house is looking nice Zacherine. We wanted to build with Bold but couldn't find perfect design for us. Will be following your thread. Best of luck for PCI ☺
Peter112
Your house is looking nice Zacherine. We wanted to build with Bold but couldn't find perfect design for us. Will be following your thread. Best of luck for PCI ☺

Thanks Peter!! I was adamant that I would have the main bedroom at the rear but we compromised I love the layout now. And a little unsure if the walk in pantry but hopefully it'll be fine
I love how the other bedrooms are tucked away from the living/dining.

Wow PCI has come up quickly! Has there been any more progress? jealous you'll be enjoying your place way before Christmas!
zacherine
Peter112

Thanks Peter!! I was adamant that I would have the main bedroom at the rear but we compromised I love the layout now. And a little unsure if the walk in pantry but hopefully it'll be fine
I love how the other bedrooms are tucked away from the living/dining.

I do understand it's hard to find a perfect design. We are doing custom design but still not sure about few things. You did your best and your house gonna be beautiful 😀
gr8ly
Wow PCI has come up quickly! Has there been any more progress? jealous you'll be enjoying your place way before Christmas!

Yeah a little bit more progress. I will post some more photos in a bit. Still waiting for our floor to go down and I would love to see some taps and electrical asap!! I hope the next 5 weeks flys by.

And yes first Christmas in the new place.. my family are a bit all over Qld (Mackay, Rockhampton and then a few of us in Brisbane) so not sure what the plans are yet. Hopefully will be more settled in and the house more full by then.
Couple photo updates - I only get to go out on the weekends but Zach will squeeze in after work some days
(he'll hate me for uploading his selfies haha)

Main Bedroom

Ensuite Shower

Ensuite Vanity

Walk in Robe (would love to get this fitted out down the track)

Linen Cupboard

Walk in Pantry

Main bathroom (won't get used very often as just us 2)

love the main bathroom
the window above the mirror is such a good idea!

What's the original plan name? it's looking really good
gr8ly
love the main bathroom
the window above the mirror is such a good idea!

What's the original plan name? it's looking really good

Thank you! We got them all pushed up to allow for the mirror so they're really high !

And it's the Sophia 22, I think you can get a 20, 24 or 26!!

Been doing the run around with administrative kind of tasks..

Home & Contents - sorted
NBN - connection organised for handover day
Gas - sorted
Electricity - sorted

Now just to empty our pockets again. Have had our hands in them constantly lately..

ONE MONTH TO GO
was it easy to organise power and gas?
gr8ly

It was so easy!! Yeah AGL we had been with previously (and the builder currently has account) so I just web chatted (I hate speaking on the phone) and arranged for connection the day before handover and with origin, I just submitted their online form and selected connection for the day before handover

I go with AGL for the flybuys x-) I save them up to spend at Christmas. In the estate, we have no other choice for gas, had to be Origin.

gr8ly

I realised I didn't even reply !! Yes super easy. They had to call me because they couldn't confirm the address and I was just like mum I have neighbours and you should have their records. I submitted an online form too! And they just told me to remember to turn the gas on at the meter once we move in!

Slowly chipping away at progress and counting down the days until we move in..... 16 days until PCI and hopefully we are moving in the Friday after..

NBN Modem arrived - that was super quick.

zacherine
Slowly chipping away at progress and counting down the days until we move in..... 16 days until PCI and hopefully we are moving in the Friday after..

NBN Modem arrived - that was super quick.

arghh! so close! have you started to pack? lol everything is looking great
[/quote]
arghh! so close! have you started to pack? lol everything is looking great[/quote]

Haven't started yet, although I did make a short start on all our paperwork on the weekend, throwing heaps out, sorting it all out - so that felt a little bit cleansing.

Not a lot to pack as we have been boarding with Zach's grandparents and our living space is about 3x3 with our own lounge room and bathroom
hopefully do it all in one trip x-) my car will be packed the night before we get the keys - I am ready to get out of here asap!!!! Haha

At least you are saving A LOT of money then... including the actual move. We eventually have to shift 2 levels of crap at our rental
. Will need to offload most of it to save costs.

I bet you are counting down the days
gr8ly
At least you are saving A LOT of money then... including the actual move. We eventually have to shift 2 levels of crap at our rental

Yeah it helped us while they were away on their 6 month holiday and they've come back. We were originally house-sitting and then decided lets build a house! We now pay them rent and internet and our mortgage is almost fully drawn so it's hard paying for something you're not living in
You best start downsizing now ! It is very hard to get rid of things though - must get it from my Mum ! Haha. I think it's just final fit off, oven to be installed, timber on the facade to be finished, outside to be painted, skirting boards (been waiting on the floor to go down first), blinds, screens and landscaping so feeling confident they will finish that in 2 weeks - let's just hope not too many "touch ups" after PCI.

Also, we were not very happy on completion of the driveway (and concrete not finished along the front which we paid extra $ for) but we are probably just being picky - but no one else's driveway has this beautiful big crater right down the middle...

Note the block next door is still vacant if anyone is interested, just please no two-storeys haha.
zacherine
gr8ly

Yeah it helped us while they were away on their 6 month holiday and they've come back. We were originally house-sitting and then decided lets build a house! We now pay them rent and internet and our mortgage is almost fully drawn so it's hard paying for something you're not living in
You best start downsizing now ! It is very hard to get rid of things though - must get it from my Mum ! Haha. I think it's just final fit off, oven to be installed, timber on the facade to be finished, outside to be painted, skirting boards (been waiting on the floor to go down first), blinds, screens and landscaping so feeling confident they will finish that in 2 weeks - let's just hope not too many "touch ups" after PCI.

Also, we were not very happy on completion of the driveway (and concrete not finished along the front which we paid extra $ for) but we are probably just being picky - but no one else's driveway has this beautiful big crater right down the middle...

Note the block next door is still vacant if anyone is interested, just please no two-storeys haha.

Your driveway still looks nicer than ours...

They should be able to get all that stuff done. You might actually move into your house before we do

Building our forever home!
Yeah I like how yours is nice and flat, except for the dip with the gutter. Buy this block of land, it's flat they said!!

Hopefully you're all settled in by the long weekend - that will be nice !! And you get an extra day to put things away etc - gotta get it done before it starts heating up (no pressure)
Related
2/01/2024
Land buyer's agent Melbourne

Buying Land

Not much in this responce. My suggestion is, what are you looking to build and why. This will all be impacted by the local councils planning scheme. Familiarise yourself…

30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum