Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Savannah 34 - We are in!

Page 4 of 13
deepugjacob
Thanks mate.
If you don't mind me asking , what type of mortar joints have you used and what roof colour have you chose ?
Did you use sarking ? Is sarking really expensive?

Yeah sure no problem.
The mortar joints are the Ironed type in the off-white colour. These were standard inclusions, so no extra costs.
The Colorbond roof colour is Shale Grey. And we upgraded to the R1.3 Foil-Backed 55mm Building Blanket. This upgrade cost $3400 extra.
firejack018
deepugjacob
Thanks mate.
If you don't mind me asking , what type of mortar joints have you used and what roof colour have you chose ?
Did you use sarking ? Is sarking really expensive?

Yeah sure no problem.
The mortar joints are the Ironed type in the off-white colour. These were standard inclusions, so no extra costs.
The Colorbond roof colour is Shale Grey. And we upgraded to the R1.3 Foil-Backed 55mm Building Blanket. This upgrade cost $3400 extra.

Thanks mate!!!! Are you using cladding or is it full brick and rendering?

deepugjacob

We went with brick all the way. No cladding or rendering. And the facade is the Aspire.
How about your Savannah 34? Which facade and construction are you going with?
firejack018
deepugjacob

We went with brick all the way. No cladding or rendering. And the facade is the Aspire.
How about your Savannah 34? Which facade and construction are you going with?

Thanks mate!!! Mine is aspire as well with brick , cladding and rendering
I liked the chateau as well but that would reduce the size of the master bedroom considerably

I was thinking of changing the cladding to full brick. They are charging 24K extra for that change which is too much for me. In a fix now

I was driving past the house today and noticed something in the front room.

Parked the car and got up close to see what it was. It's our double-glazed windows that were scheduled to be delivered mid December!
Makes for a nice belated Xmas gift.

deepugjacob
I liked the chateau as well but that would reduce the size of the master bedroom considerably

I was thinking of changing the cladding to full brick. They are charging 24K extra for that change which is too much for me. In a fix now

Nice choice with the Aspire!

Yeah it's a considerable expense to go all brick, but it's something we really wanted so we splurged.
Hey isn't your brick yard visit coming up soon? Or have you been already?
firejack018
deepugjacob

Nice choice with the Aspire!

Yeah it's a considerable expense to go all brick, but it's something we really wanted so we splurged.
Hey isn't your brick yard visit coming up soon? Or have you been already?

Hi mate
I have selected the freedom. I was keen on blackbutt but my wife wanted more of a chocolate colour.

We will be signing our contracts today
any advice ? Did you review the contract via a solicitor or you just read and signed ?

deepugjacob
Hi mate
I have selected the freedom. I was keen on blackbutt but my wife wanted more of a chocolate colour.

any advice ? Did you review the contract via a solicitor or you just read and signed ?

Sorry for late reply mate, I didn't get any email notifications of your post.
How did your Contract signing go? We just read through the Contract ourselves. They sent us a copy in advance so that we had plenty of time to check everything.
firejack018
deepugjacob
Hi mate

Sorry for late reply mate, I didn't get any email notifications of your post.
How did your Contract signing go? We just read through the Contract ourselves. They sent us a copy in advance so that we had plenty of time to check everything.

Hi Mate
Finally signed the contract. They are still working on post contract variations. We have our internal appointment by the end of this month

deepugjacob
Hi Mate
Finally signed the contract. They are still working on post contract variations. We have our internal appointment by the end of this month

Excellent, congrats! Now for the fun stuff.
Hi mate
How are things going with you.

Heya how's things mate?

We had a hold up with a couple of our windows. And as a result our Site Supervisor couldn't proceed with the bricklaying of the top floor. But the window problem has been sorted now, and the scaffolding went up yesterday so as soon as the weather decides to cooperate, we should have the bricklaying completed soon.
How about you guys? How's everything going with yours?
firejack018
Heya how's things mate?

We had a hold up with a couple of our windows. And as a result our Site Supervisor couldn't proceed with the bricklaying of the top floor. But the window problem has been sorted now, and the scaffolding went up yesterday so as soon as the weather decides to cooperate, we should have the bricklaying completed soon.
How about you guys? How's everything going with yours?

That's unfortunate
. You may have encountered with a couple of weeks delay.

Our internal selection is all complete and the file is with council for DA approval. Will take 8 to 10 weeks .

Quote:
deepugjacob

That's unfortunate :(. You may have encountered with a couple of weeks delay.

Our internal selection is all complete and the file is with council for DA approval. Will take 8 to 10 weeks .

Yeah things are back on track now though, so can't complain.
Great to hear things are rolling along for you guys too. Looking forward to seeing more variations and versions of the Savannah.

BTW I just realized I haven't uploaded the latest pics of the windows.
Here's where we are up to...

firejack018
Quote:
deepugjacob

That's unfortunate :(. You may have encountered with a couple of weeks delay.

Yeah things are back on track now though, so can't complain.
Great to hear things are rolling along for you guys too. Looking forward to seeing more variations and versions of the Savannah.

BTW I just realized I haven't uploaded the latest pics of the windows.
Here's where we are up to...

Cool!!! Absolutely love those bricks !!!!!
If you don't mind me asking, are you building in Sydney? I am building in Cherrybrook, Sydney

deepugjacob
If you don't mind me asking, are you building in Sydney? I am building in Cherrybrook, Sydney

The Blackbutt bricks are kinda cool.
And yes we are in South Western Sydney.
Are you going to make a build thread on these forums when you get started?
firejack018
deepugjacob

The Blackbutt bricks are kinda cool.
And yes we are in South Western Sydney.
Are you going to make a build thread on these forums when you get started?

Yes mate !!! Will definitely start one once construction starts

deepugjacob
Yes mate !!! Will definitely start one once construction starts

Sweet! So you guys are due to start construction around mid-May/early-June? I'll have to keep an eye out for your build thread.

Here's our latest progress:

Hi, I just joined this forum. We are planning at building a Savannah 34 in QLD, our first home. Just wanted see what made you go for Savannah 34 and Metricon. We like the design but sometimes still wonder whether we are making the best decision. Any thoughts would really help us.
naleens
Hi, I just joined this forum. We are planning at building a Savannah 34 in QLD, our first home. Just wanted see what made you go for Savannah 34 and Metricon. We like the design but sometimes still wonder whether we are making the best decision. Any thoughts would really help us.

Hello there.

We spent approx 4 years researching online utilising resources such as the HomeOne forums and also the ProductReview website. And we went back and forth to the Kellyville Homeworld display village checking out various homes and talking with staff. Eventually we narrowed it down to 3 builder's; Metricon, Rawson and Alkira Homes.

Of these, Metricon's Savannah 34 was the most ideal for our lifestyle and suitable for our block. And after going back and forth for 4 years to all the display homes, we came to prefer Metricon's finishing touches and upgrade options. Plus at the time we decided to sign up, Metricon were running some really nice promotions.

In the end, I guess it comes down to your preferences and findings. It isn't an easy decision by any means. You can research until you are blue in the face and still be having second thoughts (that was us). But eventually you just need to make that decision to go for it.

Hope that helps. Oh and also if you don't have extensive experience in the building trades... whoever you decide to build with, be sure to enlist the services of an independent inspection agency for peace of mind. We went with Houspect ourselves.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum