Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Modified Coral Cloncurry. Driveway and decking pics.

Page 4 of 42
Tamara1975
Heard from Coral today and our contract will be in on the 18th Jan. So close! We are going down to see our sales guy in the weekend about a couple of changes. We are adding our patio roofing afterward and we need to get something added to the trusses to support it. There is nothing behind the facia to screw the bracket thingy's into. Not sure of the correct terminology lol (hubby's department).
Also, they are cutting the land close to the house so we want to see if they will cut in a few metres out to give us more room as we are 20-30 metres from the boundary. I will post a pic so you can see what I mean. I don't want a retaining wall 1 metre from the house when we have all that space. I hope I am making sense lol.
We have also got quotes for our patio (attached pic). Busy finalising quotes for finance
Yay!

Hi Tamara
What did younhave to ask for to be able to bolt your pergola to the fascia?
We.didmt even think about this and have steel frame. .

Coral Homes Marcoola 30 Mod
viewtopic.php?t=85789
Not yet i will start one over the weekend

Our sales rep the very first consult in 10 mins of sitting down he insisted we add the elegance package and that was that....we are so new at this never built before trusted he knows what hes talking about! However maybe because we wanted ducted air it was the best option for us i hope when we get to select stage that we may be able to choose them also?? We went express to contract so still yet to pick everything

Our build cost around 270k no upgrades yet to shower heads etc not sure if thats a high build?

P.s sorry read your thread half asleep last night by time i got thru your pages i got it all backwards. Cant wait to watch your build come along. I will let you know when i start my thread so we can compair timelines

marcoola
Tamara1975
Heard from Coral today and our contract will be in on the 18th Jan. So close! We are going down to see our sales guy in the weekend about a couple of changes. We are adding our patio roofing afterward and we need to get something added to the trusses to support it. There is nothing behind the facia to screw the bracket thingy's into. Not sure of the correct terminology lol (hubby's department).
Also, they are cutting the land close to the house so we want to see if they will cut in a few metres out to give us more room as we are 20-30 metres from the boundary. I will post a pic so you can see what I mean. I don't want a retaining wall 1 metre from the house when we have all that space. I hope I am making sense lol.
We have also got quotes for our patio (attached pic). Busy finalising quotes for finance
Yay!

Hi Tamara

viewtopic.php?t=85789

We didn't think about it either! Hubby just happened to go a show room and the lady there mentioned it. There is nothing behind the fascia to screw the bracket into. We are going to see if we can add the brackets to the trusses before the roof goes on. I will post a youtube video to show what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05uzgnU9rsw
marcoola
Tamara1975
Yay!

Hi Tamara

viewtopic.php?t=85789

My last post went weird. Have a look at this youtube video. It will explain it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05uzgnU9rswWe didn't think about it either! Hubby just happened to go a show room and the lady there mentioned it. There is nothing behind the fascia to screw the bracket into. We are going to see if we can add the brackets to the trusses before the roof goes on. I will post a youtube video to show what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05uzgnU9rswWe didn't think about it either! Hubby just happened to go a show room and the lady there mentioned it. There is nothing behind the fascia to screw the bracket into. We are going to see if we can add the brackets to the trusses before the roof goes on. I will post a youtube video to show what I mean.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05uzgnU9rsw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05uzgnU9rsw
[/url]
Tamara1975
marcoola
Tamara1975
Yay!

Hi Tamara

viewtopic.php?t=85789

My last post went weird. Have a look at this youtube video. It will explain it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05uzgnU9rswWe didn't think about it either! Hubby just happened to go a show room and the lady there mentioned it. There is nothing behind the fascia to screw the bracket into. We are going to see if we can add the brackets to the trusses before the roof goes on. I will post a youtube video to show what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05uzgnU9rswWe didn't think about it either! Hubby just happened to go a show room and the lady there mentioned it. There is nothing behind the fascia to screw the bracket into. We are going to see if we can add the brackets to the trusses before the roof goes on. I will post a youtube video to show what I mean.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05uzgnU9rsw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05uzgnU9rsw
[/url]

Thanks Tamara!
Did they quote you on what it would cost? Are younguys using steel frame?

viewtopic.php?t=85789
We have a contract! There is just one minor problem with the location of one of the surface irrigation areas for our HSTP. It is right where hubby's shed is going. We just have to get it moved. Meeting with the mortgage broker tomorrow night. We aren't signing until we get preapproval based on the new numbers. Previous pre-approval was based on an estimate (which was more wishful thinking that reality). Then we are ready to sign and get the ball rolling! Excited!
Hi Tamara
Hope your approvals.come thru!
Wondering if you got any costings back from Coral Re the Rafter strengthening brackets for your pergola?
We will.need tondo it as well so not sure if I should include it or try speak to the chippies..
Thanks

viewtopic.php?t=85789
marcoola
Hi Tamara
Hope your approvals.come thru!
Wondering if you got any costings back from Coral Re the Rafter strengthening brackets for your pergola?
We will.need tondo it as well so not sure if I should include it or try speak to the chippies..
Thanks

viewtopic.php?t=85789

Hiya
There was no costing around it. The details have been sent to Coral. I was going to ask about it at the contract signing but we haven't got that far yet. I would talk to Coral. Some tradies can be funny about doing other things outside of the contract. Apparently steel frame is more complicated for the brackets so I would talk to them about it now
Let me know how you get on.
Glad you received your contract, admin is such a pain in the arse!
Hope your got your approval

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
charlibear
Glad you received your contract, admin is such a pain in the arse!
Hope your got your approval

viewtopic.php?t=83643

We are still waiting! Grrrr. The valuation is supposed to be done tomorrow so we should have approval by friday or monday. We are hoping to sign our contract on Wednesday the 8th. We have our tile appointment the same day
I just want to get going!
Ahh waiting is the worst part

I hope your val is done tomorrow!! What colours are you feeling for your tiles? Dark, light, in between?

viewtopic.php?t=83643
charlibear
Ahh waiting is the worst part

I hope your val is done tomorrow!! What colours are you feeling for your tiles? Dark, light, in between?

viewtopic.php?t=83643

I will post some pics of the tiles. We are wanting timber look tiles for the main floor area. Ensuite I like darker grey tiles (floor to ceiling) with timber look laminate cabinet with black stone benchtop.
For the kids bathroom I want light grey concrete look tiles with a white vanity. Not sure about kitchen splashback though. Maybe white subway tiles. I want a white and black (or black/charcoal timber look laminex).
Pics to come
Inspiration pics

Inspiration for the kitchen
I like a stark white kitchen but also like it with some black/charcoal in it too. We can't afford a glass splashback - we have about 8 metres of splashback so I would need a mortgage for that alone. I am leaning more towards the look in the last pic. Can't wait to do colours!

Ooh I love all of your inspo pics!!

I am having dark moody bathrooms, although I am constantly second guessing my decision, here's hoping I don't regret my choices I made in June last year

We are also having a white kitchen, I would have loved a mirror splash back our range hood isn't hidden by cupboards so I think it would look weird lol.

viewtopic.php?t=83643
charlibear

I am having dark moody bathrooms, although I am constantly second guessing my decision, here's hoping I don't regret my choices I made in June last year

We are also having a white kitchen, I would have loved a mirror splash back our range hood isn't hidden by cupboards so I think it would look weird lol.

viewtopic.php?t=83643

I also love dark moody bathrooms. Our last house we built had floor to ceiling charcoal tiles with mirror mosaic. Loved it!
Tamara1975
charlibear

viewtopic.php?t=83643

I also love dark moody bathrooms. Our last house we built had floor to ceiling charcoal tiles with mirror mosaic. Loved it!

Ooh do you have a photo by chance? I am so worried about how it's going to look so I'd love to see any real life photos of dark bathrooms instead of the styled to perfection photos on google images

viewtopic.php?t=83643
I found a couple. I am sure I will see if I have better ones.

charlibear
Tamara1975
charlibear

viewtopic.php?t=83643

Ooh do you have a photo by chance? I am so worried about how it's going to look so I'd love to see any real life photos of dark bathrooms instead of the styled to perfection photos on google images

viewtopic.php?t=83643

These are the best I can find. Was still under construction but you get the idea
Yours will look great!

Ooh that's just stunning!!! Thank you so much!! Feeling 100x better, did you use the same floor tile on the wall? Hats what is scaring me the most there's nothing to break it up, but the white basins break it up perfectly

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Related
2/03/2024
Recommendations for best value decking oil for pine decking?

General Discussion

Hi, as per the subject. Does anyone have any recommendations for the best value decking oil (Bunning is close to where I live) for a treated pine deck? Thanks

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum