Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our First Home - Lexington Belle Q1 by Henley in Atherstone

Page 4 of 5
spice girl
We also added Dulux Wash and Wear at Colours as Henley have renegotiated the price and it came down significantly, so I couldn't resist. It is quoted as $2700 in the pricing booklet, but is now only $500, so well worth it.

Wow! That is a huge savings! Lucky you!!! How were you able to negotiate such low price for wash and wear coat?

spice girl
Hi belle,
Did you consider a fireplace? We loved them but were told it was $17k so discarded them, however I see there is one for $9k or build a provision for one for $1k. I am considering getting one for the family room, as we extended it and the open area is tiled, it would be great to have one. I know my hubby would like one. What do you think?

Hi spice, i'd love to have a fireplace for the living room or alfresco but i thought it will be already too expensive for us considering there's still a lot to do post hand over. The one you found is pretty much cheaper than what's provided by Henley so that's a good steal!

belle_v2g
spice girl
Hi belle,
Did you consider a fireplace? We loved them but were told it was $17k so discarded them, however I see there is one for $9k or build a provision for one for $1k. I am considering getting one for the family room, as we extended it and the open area is tiled, it would be great to have one. I know my hubby would like one. What do you think?

Hi spice, i'd love to have a fireplace for the living room or alfresco but i thought it will be already too expensive for us considering there's still a lot to do post hand over. The one you found is pretty much cheaper than what's provided by Henley so that's a good steal!

Hi, these are Henley prices, but will look around to see if we can get a good price if we do after handover.
belle_v2g
spice girl
We also added Dulux Wash and Wear at Colours as Henley have renegotiated the price and it came down significantly, so I couldn't resist. It is quoted as $2700 in the pricing booklet, but is now only $500, so well worth it.

Wow! That is a huge savings! Lucky you!!! How were you able to negotiate such low price for wash and wear coat?

We were told in our colours session that Henley negotiated a lower price
Tender and siting signed! Was $508k, now $478k. Hopefully bank will approve. Some of the reductions came from mistakes in pricing. Glad its over!
Hi belle some of our upgrades included
Floor to ceiling wall tiles in bathrooms
Shower in ground powder room
Cat 2A timber flooring all upstairs except bathrooms and 2 bedrooms downstairs $20k
House is now 7 bedrooms 4 bathrooms
Cat 5 floor tiling in front entry, kitchen etc $13k
Extensions to garage, alfresco, family, bed 4 & 5
Converted garage to home office with cat 1 gloss floor tile and boutique glass stacking doors
Converted study to guest and slightly enlargened
Converted theatre and laundry to bed 6 with ensuite
Built new room for laundry behind butlers pantry and bigger than normal
House is now 435sqm
Total NSV structural changes approx $50k
Made Alfresco a Grand Alfresco
Fireplace in family $9k
Nikpol breakfast bar $2k
Evap cooling
Subfloor soundproofing $3k
Sound proof walls bed 5 and home office
Ceiling height on top floor extended to 2.57m to match ground floor
Upgraded toilet seats
Double glazed all std windows ie. Excludes timber windows in family and dining $2k
Dulux wash and wear $500
Upgraded accessories in each bathroom
Bath 1750x805 approx $350
Raised alfresco doors to 2400mm $850
Fixed site costs approx $20k
Energy provision $6k
Bush fire $4k
Double front doors $750. Upgraded doors $250 each
All exterior is cat1
Shutters in master room 2 large windows $2.7k
Timber Venetians in family 3 windows and 1 dining window $1.9k
Dual blinds in guest room $380
Single blinds in 5 windows upstairs $800
Satinlite windows in bathrooms $250
4 Mirror panels on sliding BIR in guest $430 as are tall doors
1 mirror panel in master $70
Manhole in garage $60
Laundry fit out $1660
Ceasorstone bench in laundry $600
Extended splashback behind range hood $600

These are just off the top of my head, there are probably more. I found tender draining as I had to question some of the pricing as they were incorrect, thankfully I had prepared well. It will be up to the bank and broker now, we need to keep saving as this cost doesn't include driveway etc
There's some proven for electrical but could increase.

Hope all is going well for you
Also had to upgrade HWS due to more bathrooms $1.3k
Added gas point, hot, cold water and waste points in alfresco
Although exterior cat1, we did go with option 2 of Broadway facade being part render $1800. We have a feature render on the front pillars, and front doors are same colour as main render. This was colours recommendation.
Hi belle, how did your electrical go?

spice girl
Also had to upgrade HWS due to more bathrooms $1.3k
Added gas point, hot, cold water and waste points in alfresco
Although exterior cat1, we did go with option 2 of Broadway facade being part render $1800. We have a feature render on the front pillars, and front doors are same colour as main render. This was colours recommendation.

Hi spice! I downgraded few items to allow upgrades of more important stuff. For example, I reverted back to regular bath instead of freestanding in the main bathroom since we already have a double spa in the ensuite. We wanted a freestanding initially but realised later on that it is more of a luxury. In Butler's, we settled with the standard instead of having the sink and cupboard. Can't think of any use for it anyway. I was able to get a credit for the move in pack which is around $1300+ so I used all the credit to upgrade.
during our colours, we chose standard kitchen appliances but with the amount I refunded, I was able to upgrade range hood to integrated SMEG, the ovens and dishwasher are Bosch but kept the cooktop as Technika because we wanted that black glass look. I changed some colours of cupboards in kitchen, laundry, powder room and bathroom as well haha! Upgraded taps and sinks. There were few add ons from the builder required by the council because we are corner lot.

All sounds great
, a beautiful home! Did Henley provide you with a price list for electrical appointment? Did you have any issues with bank valuation on land or building?

spice girl
Hi belle, how did your electrical go?

Hi spice! Electrical went fine, it wasn't too scary as expected. We've included Supreme Electrical Pack and minimum Opticomm Fibre Pack during our tender so I just added few items like more down lights, power points, provision for 10 pendant lights, under cupboard Down Lights, provision for light & fan in the alfresco, changed all floodlights to doubles with sensor. We chose to have an alarm system but no intercom or cctv as this can be done after handover. Not really keen in getting an intercom because we have a clear glass at the front entry so it will kinda defeat the purpose if I get one. I think all in all we spent around $3976 on top of the supreme package $4900++ and the opticomm fibre pack $1800++.

Thanks for sharing, very helpful. Do you know the cost for the under cupboard down lights as I'm very keen on getting these. We currently have an alarm system, doorbell, nbn connection and the Deluxe package at this stage, I'm guessing we will be adding more.

spice girl
Thanks for sharing, very helpful. Do you know the cost for the under cupboard down lights as I'm very keen on getting these. We currently have an alarm system, doorbell, nbn connection and the Deluxe package at this stage, I'm guessing we will be adding more.

You have a huge house so I reckon you'll be adding some more. I only added 2 under cupboard downlight (one on each side of the cooktop) that's $380. They should be bright enough since the range hood will have lights on it as well. I added the doorbell but took it out later on and i probably will just get cheap wireless ones from Bunnings. We have 6 data/telephone point scattered around but I placed one in the Butlers so that we can keep the phone there if we will be hosting some parties. Added 2 more ppoints (total of four double powerpoints) in the study because my husband will be needing them for sure.

Update with our build: So, we are done with electrical and energy rating came back requiring us to upgrade ceiling insulation due to additional lighting.
We also paid community infrastructure levy to Melton Council for the application of the building permit. I am still waiting for the updated drawings from the drafting dept at the moment. Now the bank has been looking at our status because I am still on maternity leave! They were asking when will I return to work. Hahaha!
Getting an independent inspector is under consideration but I am eyeing SPI.

How much is the levy as we will most likely be in for that too. I have enquired with Houspect but haven't decided yet. Who is SPI?

belle_v2g
spice girl

You have a huge house so I reckon you'll be adding some more. I only added 2 under cupboard downlight (one on each side of the cooktop) that's $380. They should be bright enough since the range hood will have lights on it as well. I added the doorbell but took it out later on and i probably will just get cheap wireless ones from Bunnings. We have 6 data/telephone point scattered around but I placed one in the Butlers so that we can keep the phone there if we will be hosting some parties. Added 2 more ppoints (total of four double powerpoints) in the study because my husband will be needing them for sure.

$380 for 2 lights seems a bit steep, to be honest I dont think it would cost that much but they can charge it I suppose, I would lke to add them mainly because I know how dark it gets as the cabinets tend to cast a shadow onto the bench so I think it would be worth spending the money on it.
spice girl
How much is the levy as we will most likely be in for that too. I have enquired with Houspect but haven't decided yet. Who is SPI?

$900 for the levy. SPI house inspection i think they are $2,600, Darbecca around $2,700. How much with Housepect?

stayxtrue
belle_v2g
spice girl

$380 for 2 lights seems a bit steep, to be honest I dont think it would cost that much but they can charge it I suppose, I would lke to add them mainly because I know how dark it gets as the cabinets tend to cast a shadow onto the bench so I think it would be worth spending the money on it.

I agree. Too steep for two lights. Too bad they don't do strip LED lighting.

$2600 for Houspect. Eager to know peoples recommendations as I have no idea but do far customer service has been good.

Does Henley provide a price list of the different electrical items on offer or are we supposed to just ask all the questions at the appointment?

Related
13/06/2024
What are our rights with our draftsman and the completion of

Building A New House

I second taking your plans elsewhere. They're yours (unless you ended up in one of those cheaper arrangements where you don't own the rights and the build will be tendered…

16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum