Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

We are building VANCOUVER 33 with PORTER DAVIS

Page 4 of 19
nikil
We went with the standard seaside facade, I finally found a real life picture of it and now that I have seen it, even though its a different colour to what we picked, I am very pleased with it.

another member who i talk to regularly picked this facade as well, she isn't on the forum as much anymore as she is too busy fixing all their issues with their home

Theres looks great, all greys and black windows.
What colour is your facade Nkikil?
Ours is light grey render, white windows and front door and white gutters with charcoal roof tiles. I didn't want the house to look dark. It was very hard to picture how it would look from the pictures on the PD website so it was great to find one that was real life.
nikil
Ours is light grey render, white windows and front door and white gutters with charcoal roof tiles. I didn't want the house to look dark. It was very hard to picture how it would look from the pictures on the PD website so it was great to find one that was real life.

oh sounds like ours! do you remember the actual colour of the render?
the only thing we went different was the monument gutters to match the roof.

Did you find it at a display?
nikil

Sorry Nikil for the late reply, I try not to go on my laptop or phone when I'm at home.

Hopefully we can switch to the Fisher and Paykel appliances.

We're going with the Waterside facade. If you go to Austral brick's website you could actually get an idea on what your house could look like. They have a couple of houses to choose from, there's only one with PD which is the Waldorf. But there is another house that looks just like Vancouver with the Waterside (Marcoola by Coral Homes) so luckily for us we were able to visualize as to what our house facade would look like. Here's the link - http://australbricks.com.au/ivisualise/

We're going with a french industrial theme, so our colours are black, greys and reds. I'll try to upload a photo of the design I made from the link.

Sgene85
Sorry Nikil for the late reply, I try not to go on my laptop or phone when I'm at home.

Hopefully we can switch to the Fisher and Paykel appliances.

We're going with the Waterside facade. If you go to Austral brick's website you could actually get an idea on what your house could look like. They have a couple of houses to choose from, there's only one with PD which is the Waldorf. But there is another house that looks just like Vancouver with the Waterside (Marcoola by Coral Homes) so luckily for us we were able to visualize as to what our house facade would look like. Here's the link - http://australbricks.com.au/ivisualise/

We're going with a french industrial theme, so our colours are black, greys and reds. I'll try to upload a photo of the design I made from the link.
nikil
We went with the standard seaside facade, I finally found a real life picture of it and now that I have seen it, even though its a different colour to what we picked, I am very pleased with it.

Hi Nikil,

We are building the Dunedin with Porter Davis and have chosen the Seaside facade also. Are you able to upload a picture of the facade in real life? We have only seen it on a computer so would love it see a actual photo of it!

lizbf85
nikil

I think the render colour we picked is rampart?

Danniellejayde
nikil

Hi Nikil,

We are building the Dunedin with Porter Davis and have chosen the Seaside facade also. Are you able to upload a picture of the facade in real life? We have only seen it on a computer so would love it see a actual photo of it!

I actually just found this picture on this site I think after googling for a while!

nikil
Danniellejayde
nikil

Hi Nikil,

I actually just found this picture on this site I think after googling for a while!

Oh wow looks good all rendered! Thank you for sharing that

Has your build started yet? How have you found your PD experience so far?

Build hasn't started yet still waiting for land to title it was supposed to title last October! Hoping to title this month everything is done but Yarra Valley went to inspect the pipes and put a camera though them to find one of the pipes was crushed! Was supposed to be fixed last week so fingers crossed it did actually get fixed.

But so far the experience has been mixed.
We had a **** sales guy at the display who left then had to deal with someone else who was great!
Colour appointment was so stress free apart from our kitchen lady being sightly rude and trying to make decisions for us.

And now we are on to our second builder coordinator who is pretty easy to deal with.

Only have had one issue so far.
We were never told about having the option of having a stone window reveal till after contracts. And we weren't very happy with that due to our cooktop infront of our kitchen window so we found it very odd that they were just only to plaster the edge of the window instead of putting stone. So after countless emails and complaints we asked our BC to take to someone higher then her to sort the issue out and they ended up paying the cost because we weren't told about it at WOS.

Sorry for the essay just feels nice to talk to someone else who is building with PD.

How's your experience so far?

Oh, we have a window splashback to and no one has mentioned anything about it not being stone behind the cooktop??? Better look into this, we weren't able to have the free standing oven because of the window splashback.

Our sales guy was fantastic, couldn't do enough for us. Our BC responded to all my queries with .. we will discuss this at tender.. which was pretty annoying as I had questions about the electrical pit forms I needed to fill and if there's a delay because of it I will be making it clear it's her fault as she refused to answer my questions. Our WOS day was also very pleasant. Tender day went smooth too. Contract is on 28th Feb, I'm hoping there won't be any surprises or extra site costs as they are already at $45,000.

We are booked for an April start date so fingers crossed that happens as I really want to be in before Christmas.

Look into it! They will probably try and put plaster window ledge behind the cooktop. We did not see that practical due to splash back. We also can't have a free standing oven either.
We had the 90cm cooktop included and 60cm oven but had to pay the difference to upgrade the oven to 90cm. That's was so expensive!!

Oh how exciting! Tender was great for us so quick and clear. Only thing that was a bummer when at tender was seeing the cost for BAL.

It's ridiculous that they say we will discuss at tender because at tender is usually when everything is finalised why can't your BC get the ball rolling.

Wow $45k sitecosts!
Do you mind me asking what area your building?
We're building in Beveridge northern suburbs of Melbourne.

Fingers crossed for both us to be in before Christmas!
Ours are at $25k I think..

Ours is a KDR in Koo Wee Rup, KDR means massive site costs from what I've learned!

Yes I'll definitely check that out, plaster is completely impractical there. We also had to pay to upgrade the oven, we got some credit for the original one but the one we had to get was around $1200 from memory. We've already spent around $15,000 on the kitchen upgrades so I won't be impressed if they want to charge more to put stone where there should already be stone!

Hello!

I am new to this forum and have recently paid the $2000 towards building a Vancouver 33

We are doing the Grand Bathroom, Raked Ceiling with Alternate Kitchen Option

I have been reading all your tips & trick over that last few weeks whilst considering whether or not to commit to PD but have bitten the bullet ad jumping on board!

Look forward to contributing !!
That's Great Lynda's, congrats!

We are also having the raked ceiling, I love it I think it has a huge impact.

Where are you building? Are you building on a new block or knock down rebuild?

Thanks Nikil!

We originally fell in love with the raked ceiling looking at the Dunedin at Point Cook! I felt the Dunedin was just a bit too small so we decided to go with the Vancouver.

We have purchased a price in Kilsyth South, we we settle on in May, so hoping if everything goes smoothly our start date is not too much longer from there.

We have decided also to put an additional 2 metres on our garage - hubby is keen for a man cave.

We have been at WOS a few times and have also started doing some research on tiles (which appears to be expensive if you upgrade)

Ill have a read of your blog! Cheers
Thanks Nikil!

We originally fell in love with the raked ceiling looking at the Dunedin at Point Cook! I felt the Dunedin was just a bit too small so we decided to go with the Vancouver.

We have purchased a price in Kilsyth South, we we settle on in May, so hoping if everything goes smoothly our start date is not too much longer from there.

We have decided also to put an additional 2 metres on our garage - hubby is keen for a man cave.

We have been at WOS a few times and have also started doing some research on tiles (which appears to be expensive if you upgrade)

Ill have a read of your blog! Cheers
Nikki! Your block is similar to ours, we have a 1060 square metre!

The process you have done with PD is different to ours! There new process is you do tender first......pay 3%.....then do WOS...then contract

Currently Im not a fan of this process as really not going to know full extent of upgrades until contract and then they will charge for variation if I decide to change something....but thats their process so we will ride it out!

Really like you colour selections, We are considering doing the Galley post hand over as they charge a fortune for the cabinetry!
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum