Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Alkimos Aveling first timers!

Page 4 of 8
Mon445
ZoePerth
Mon445
Zoe I wouldn't stress too much! If it's really bothering you- you could get the tiler to rip them off and you can replace them with the same floor tiles? We have to do this in the laundry coz they have to handover the house "finished". Our tiler will stick them on lightly then we will rip them off to lay the floor tiles as skirting. It's all looking good!!

Mon

Thanks Mon. It's just one of those niggly things. My partner said he will change them after handover but... well... he's notorious for not finishing jobs! He works horrible shifts so that doesn't help. It's probably one of those things you don't even notice after a while!
What's the go at your place this week?

We have tile meeting on Wednesday! Still need the whole house to get rendered outside but I'm worried coz we have a huge leak under the eaves- am hoping our ss notices before the painters come. All benchtops are in! Looks amazing! I hope we can be in end Nov like you guys! Started shopping which has been exciting!

Mon

Oh no what's the leak from can you see?
ZoePerth
Mon445
ZoePerth
[quote="Mon445"]Zoe I wouldn't stress too much! If it's really bothering you- you could get the tiler to rip them off and you can replace them with the same floor tiles? We have to do this in the laundry coz they have to handover the house "finished". Our tiler will stick them on lightly then we will rip them off to lay the floor tiles as skirting. It's all looking good!!

Mon

Thanks Mon. It's just one of those niggly things. My partner said he will change them after handover but... well... he's notorious for not finishing jobs! He works horrible shifts so that doesn't help. It's probably one of those things you don't even notice after a while!
What's the go at your place this week?

We have tile meeting on Wednesday! Still need the whole house to get rendered outside but I'm worried coz we have a huge leak under the eaves- am hoping our ss notices before the painters come. All benchtops are in! Looks amazing! I hope we can be in end Nov like you guys! Started shopping which has been exciting!

Mon

Oh no what's the leak from can you see?[/quote]

It's somewhere on the roof- probably one of the gutters. Will let ss know
On Wednesday. Hopefully we get a date then!

Mon
How's the tiler going Zoe? Is there much left to do?

Mon
So today is my birthday and I have strep throat. However all my tiles are fixed and I'm soooo happy. Yesterday I popped in and saw the tiler to ask if he could get the site supervisor John to call me. Understandably he was concerned I was unhappy with his work so I ended up having to tell him my issue with the skirting. Whilst I was there I saw he'd done the ensure vanity feature tiles and the returns were plain, which looked bad. Anyway Aveling then replied to the email I'd sent late Friday and said they'd see what the tiler could do with what was left over. So today the SS was there and I think maybe he'd brought extra tiles as they've managed to do both toilets (so ripped out the mismatched ones) and our en suite and changed the returns on the en suite vanity to be the feature ones. So so happy!

En suite

Kitchen is boring white tiles until our budget recovers and we replace it

Main bathroom

Looks beautiful
Looks stunning

Looks so good!!!! That's fantastic that they fixed it for you straight away! Not long to go now!
Happy birthday for yesterday, hope you're feeling better!

Mon
Happy Birthday for yesterday, hope you are feeling better.
Your tile choices look fabulous.

It looks much better with the tiling fixed, you must feel so relieved!!!

I cannot tell you how happy I was to see it fixed! And Aveling didn't have to change it. We are so lucky to have an awesome SS and his slab of beer is getting bigger 😂
Plumbing and electrical done. Man of the house is super happy as all he wanted was a big garage and a rain shower....

Lol great

What a great bunch you two make. He looks like a grape man, very a peeling. Seedless to say, try and not to squish these puns.
Haha! I prefer my grapes fermented and fizzing ???
How's it all going Zoe??

Hey Mon. We had a ** look around today and all door handles and doors are hung now, front door has had most of the weather strip fitted, although there's still a big gap along the bottom. Robe mirrored sliders are now on in the minor bedrooms.
Bit of white set is still needed right at the side of the laundry tiles, the air con motors and hot water system need installing, garage grano and paving and I think that's pretty much it.
You had an update yet Mon, on what's next?
Oh nice!! All our tiling and grouting is done. The doors are all hung but not painted, grano has been poured. Need electrical and air con etc still. Thinking we're about 4 weeks away!!

Reckon we will both be done about the same time!
Yay garage grano done today, plus the slab for the hws and air con motors. One shower screen installed and a full interior clean has been done, all the plastic wrap taken off benchtops and power points etc. Site super happened to be there and he says we may end up with keys a week earlier than their earlier anticipated date, making it the third week in October! Funny as we had come from ikea where we picked family room sofas and new double beds for the kids, seen some great inserts for kitchen drawers, some really nice overhead cabinets for kitchen/laundry and mentally spent about $5k 😂 pics to follow of the house and ikea ideas
Related
12/05/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

So it seems like they just take on a lot of projects to get the cashflow for their own builds. COULDN'T AGREE MORE

29/09/2023
Timber or carpet on first floor- which looks good ?

General Discussion

Thank you. Do I use timber floorboards for stairs or do people use timber treads? Or is both the same?

6/10/2023
First time building.

General Discussion

Can anyone give me any onfo on New Homes WA? Good or bad, hopefully good just need to know if my choice was good or not? Thanks ❤️

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum