Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our first build: "Bridgewater" by Gj's Shoalhaven

Page 4 of 59
Same same charli! Lol

I'm so overwhelmed with tiles.... I need to visit some more display homes I think.

Annnnnddddd....... They are sealing the road today!!!! They were almost in line with our block when I took the pic this morning!

How exciting Kym!!! Soon you'll be able to drive on your street
Yay you have road!!!!
We have a road and they've started to level the ground out.

Only a few little errors we can see. Will get them fixed up and then we will be signing contracts. Ahhhhhh nervous lol

How exciting for you Kym!!!
How's everything down your way Kym? Have you signed the contract? Are you wanting the errors fixed first or signing them having hem put through as variations
Hey charli!
We are signing tomorrow at 3:30. Eeeek!
I still need to get a driveway and turf quote, fences and retaining wall quotes to put in with our house build to the bank so we can get unconditional approval again so as we can start as soon as we settle on the land.

Our approval expires this month so need to re-do the entire app again. Doh!

It's not a great pic but that was taken this morning on my way to daycare drop off. Only one digger left, some Utes about and all the dirt has been 'leveled' lol

Hoping our site costs don't blow out!

It's looking good Kym, is the right hand side on a slight hill? Or the way it looks in the photo?

I bet tomorrow can't come soon enough

Why would site costs blow out? I'm so new to this

Hopefully the bank side of things doesn't take too long

Any word on when settlement will be?
Arghhh! How exciting!!!
nice street too! Xx

Thanks Charli and Deejay!
there is a fall to the street on the right hand side and fall from the street on the left hand side. we are on the left hand side. :/
Approx fall on the land is 1mtr from front boundary to rear boundary and a slight right to left fall.

ANNND we got a call this evening from our SC who also happens to be a friend of ours and she has heard from the developer's agent and the builder can now get on and do the contours but wait theres more!!!

apparently the developer has submitted to council! which is earlier than expected! so by the time the council gets out to inspect, the landscaping should be completed. Oh my word! and it felt like this may never happen lol
Golly gosh Kym, that is so exciting!!! Kind of like Christmas morning when you're young
Yay contract time
and land nearly finished.

So exciting to be going onto the next stage.
Yay Kym! That's awesome! Moving along woohoooo! (Our colours lady is also my mate hehe...it's fab isn't it!)

So exciting to see you all moving forward

Woo hoo! Locked in and ready to roll!

I also spoke to one of the guys doing the development yesterday. It's all done and drove into our block for the first time last night!

It's been in council for approx 2 weeks so hopefully shouldn't be any more than another month before it goes to lands titles. Finally we are getting somewhere!

Love the folder! I can't wait to get to your stage.

Our land is ready to go with most our neighbours already on with their build. I think we will be the last! I love nothing more than going to park outside our lot or stand on our land.
How long did your contract apt take Kym? I can't wait until I et to your stage!!! Did you have your contract apt with the manager or your consultant, I think our office does it with the manager well that is what I was told when I signed the quote.

How exciting Kym!!!
Thanks everyone!!

It took about 1.5 hrs. We met with one of the business owners and he went through everything. I think we will have our colours on the 17th.

We were checking out all the options last night in the folder. So bloody happy!!!

I am nervous and excited for you! Are you allowed to make changes at this stage? I am scared about being locked in and not being able to make any more changes! Then again, part of me needs to be told "no more amendments". The house will be built and I will be there saying "well we could just move this doorway"...
Related
12/06/2024
What are our rights with our draftsman and the completion of

Building A New House

Hi everyone, Hoping someone can give us some much needed advice. We've been dealing with a draftsman and his architect employee (yes) for over two years now. They've…

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum