Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

JG King Modified Quest

Page 4 of 6
Sounds like good progress is being made. Good newsabout your neighbour being happy to check it over for you.
So they've finished their pre-paint inside . Plaster architraves and skirting boards are in.

Kitchen cupboards are in too

Still no water or gas yet. Tilers are due in this week.

Butlers Pantry

The kitchen looks good the colours have come.together great
Tile progress. Think they are too dark? I think they might be

So i'm a bit peeved at JG King at the minute.

We still dont have the water or gas connected. Way back at the start of the build they said i would need to pay for an under road bore. I couldnt afford this so i referred them to the developer. The after a ~long~ time the developer sent me an email with some photos, they'd sent a contractor onsite and found that the plumber hadnt even had a dig to locate the services. The photos showed proof of this and where they should be.

The site supervisor hadnt done anything about it for quite a long time. I ended up paying one of my neighbors so the builder could use their water for bricks. I paid her $50 and after 2 days she said no more. The other neighbor flat out refused access to her water all together.

So since then I've been using the water form the neighbor over the back and speaking to my site supervisor to try and secure connection of services. SO all bricking, plastering, paiting etc have all used my neighbors water. He is fed up with it, but being a good neighbor he continued to allow access. All he asked is that whoever needed it go and knock on his door first to let him know.

ABout two weeks ago i got a call from JG King to let me know that i was going to get a new site supervisor, another thing i wasnt happy about. I spoke to him about the Water and Gas and sent him the email and all correspondence in relation to the Water and Gas. He promised to call me the next time he was onsite.

This Monday was a RDO for me, so i drove past the block and saw the JG King ute there.
He was showing the tiler the job, and casually mentioned that they would be using the water from my neighbor once again. I suggested against it.. I suggested that they might want to hire one of those 1000L water tanks and pumps because my neighbor was getting fed up. I also mentioned
- The (other) neighbors fence that they had damaged and not fixed
- The fact that the temporary downpipes were non exisitant
and few other mionor issues. I left pretty frustrated and under the impression that this guy wasnt going to take any action.

Fast forward to today, the brick cleaners arrived to do their job. No Water....
Allegedly , one of them jumped the neighbors fence and helped themselves.

Now my site supervisor wont return my calls, the brick cleaners didnt end up doing anything because of an argument with a neighbor and my neighbor is understanably very upset at me.

Has anyone else experienced any issues like this in the past with their builds? It is not my responsibility to give water to the trades, it should have been connected months ago. So JG King have damaged my relationships with all 3 of my next door neighbors.

This is turning into a nightmare.
Fleeb
Tile progress. Think they are too dark? I think they might be

I like the tiles! Are they Haven Charcoal? I've seen others use them on here and they look great when they're all done and clean.

I feel for you with all your on site troubles. When will builders learn to communicate and act on that communication! No advice sorry

I'm sure when all is said and done your neighbours will understand you weren't the bad guy. You'll be in before you know it and it'll fast become a distant memory.
I agree with bank the tiles look great and once grouted and clean I think they will give a great look, not to dark.

Sorry to hear about your water issues, hopefully the new SS will get the actual plumbing sorted out quickly and you can move on, if you need to smooth this over cake or a bottle of wine could help. Hopefully they understand it's not you.
The tiles are Manhattan black from national tiles.

The site supervisor went around and visited my neighbor last night and smoothed things over. I'll pop in and see him tonight. Apparently has and water is scheduled for Tuesday so we will see what happens.

I was also thinking flowers, booze or chocolates couldn't hurt
Yeah I think the tiles look great too..
Still no water or gas, I signed s variation yesterday for an under road bore and the developers promised in writing to pay. Shower screens are in and the painters were in today doing the outside. We're nearly there

Wow its looking pretty close.

Hopefully they finally get you connected now, at least its a step in the right direction.
Lovely tiles fleeb. From the photos they don't look too dark at all!

Hi Fleeb how is your house going? I hope you've have your water issue fixed and everythings now going smoothly

Builder completed the under road bore last week. The bricks have been cleaned and the plumber was there yesterday doing the Downpipes. Not much longer hopefully, the weather is bad and my family is out staying its welcome where we are at the moment.

Glad to hear your water issue is sorted! Have they given you a date to hand over? it must be getting close? Anymore pics for us?
I haven't got any new pics to share really, we haven't been inside for a while as nothing's really happened. Inside the house is practically finished, as far as i can tell it only needs to be cleaned. Externally I can't see that there's that much left to do either.

- Finish Downpipes
- install garage door
- driveway and alfresco concrete
- fix conduit for phone line (it looks like they broke this when they done the water and gas)

Pci hasn't been booked yet. It's nearly over thank goodness.

Waste in alfresco

Cleaned bricks

Hopefully pci isnt to far off for youand youe welcome last until then
Things are quite tense at home at the moment. We thought we were going to have to find some short term accommodation but we think we are ok for now.

I am really disappointed with the communication from the builder, the issue with the water and gas could've been resolved months ago if they spoke to me about it and it wasn't like I wasn't asking. Plus the fact our site supervisor was changed half way through the build certainly doesn't help.
I couldn't get hold of my site supervisor last week so I thought I'd call the office, nobody could help me. That made me furious.

That being said, without having a full inspection I'm quite happy with the finish and the quality of the house inside.

Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

26/03/2024
JG King Home builders delay in construction

General Discussion

So, did they give you a reason? Weather? Slab not poured??

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum