Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Hawkesbury custom build- just about done!

Page 4 of 5
firsthome2
I can feel exactly what you are going through at the moment, hope all goes smoothly from now on.

Thanks Firsthome, where is yours up to?
waiting on frames, can't get hold of SS, not sure when they are expecting it.
Wow..thats happening fast! Great progress!
Hi Caff, any more pics? is bricking almost complete?
firsthome2
Hi Caff, any more pics? is bricking almost complete?

Hi firsthome, first floor bricks nearly finished. Scaffold goes up this week with roof to start at the end of the week. The Brickies are going to another job this week and should be back to us next week to do second storey. We are absolutely thrilled with the quality of the work.
What about yours?
Still waiting for frames, managed to talk to Dion last week. They are yet to order the frames, so not sure when I will get the frames. Hope they start by First week of Nov.
Scaffolding went up today ready for roof over the next few days. It's happening really quickly now!
The top storey roof has been completed. I'm really happy with the colour and how quickly it's going ahead. No work today due to the rain.
Glad that your build is steaming ahead. I am still waiting for the frames to come, probably in another two weeks.
Looking very grand! Roof goes lovely with the bricks. So over this rain!
Caff your house is looking amazing

No progress this week as the Brickies are catching up from last week's rain:(
Any more progress with you build? any photos?
Yes- bricks are finished and were cleaned on Friday. Eaves are being done this week - should be at lock up by Christmas.

Things are progressing again! Scaffolding came down today so I could get a good look at the facade. The render is yet to be painted and where the red brick is will be stackstone. I'm not sold on stackstone- I would have preferred travertine - but hubby wanted stackstone so it was one of the compromises I made. He got some things his way and I got some my way. Luckily, we mostly have the same taste so didn't need to make too many compromises:)
Have been given schedule of works from here on and looks like it should fly along. Plumbing and electrical rough ins start tomorrow and gyprock on Thursday.
I had to go to tile shop today as they called and said the main tile we had selected for floors was unavailable. Selected another one that was quite similar- decided not to let this 'small' stuff bother me. After waiting 2 years for it all to happen I'm not going to fuss if the tile is a shade different- I just want to get in so didn't want anything to delay.
Fingers crossed things go to plan.
You have progresses really well. I am still waiting on scaffold to go up. Had the first lever of bricks done just before the break. Unfortunately the frames and floor has been exposed to the rain we had over the break. I hope they are not damaged.
Flying along now!
Looking good caff.

Time for an update...
Getting very excited (hence why I'm on forum at 3.30am!)- we have tiling completed throughout, kitchen iis in and driveway being done today. We are expecting to get keys next Friday!! Fireplace and glass balustrades also go in today- carpet early next week. Today is my last day at work before commencing long service leave for the move:)
No wander you're excited! Congrats on making it to the end and nearing completion. I know even though your build time has been quick it's has been a long time coming for you. Hope you put some photos up later of the finished product. Look forward to it.
Related
2/10/2023
Custom build | Facade colours

Building A New House

I'd get the gutters to match your roof and pipes to match the paint - otherwise they become a feature. Nice pick with the paint colours!

30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum