Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Stoneleigh Dale Alcock Baldivis

Page 4 of 40
I agree with the second option, thats what we have gone for in our kitchen but we have swapped the bin and dishwasher in the picture you drew so it goes bin, sink, dishwasher (hopefully that makes sense) we figured its better that way so you don't have to go that bit further into the kitchen for people to get to the bin
kait-e
I agree with the second option, thats what we have gone for in our kitchen but we have swapped the bin and dishwasher in the picture you drew so it goes bin, sink, dishwasher (hopefully that makes sense) we figured its better that way so you don't have to go that bit further into the kitchen for people to get to the bin

Thank you Kait-e. Thats a great idea about the bin I love that idea. We emailed them this morning and they were more than happy to change it phew!
Excited to find this today...

And received building permit this week

It is really exciting to see these things happening... months of putting so much thought into the plans.... when everything starts to come to life is where the fun begins.
ConTAPulations!!!!
Prestart looks great. you are going to have a very beautiful home at the end of it!!
Kelsey78
ConTAPulations!!!!
Prestart looks great. you are going to have a very beautiful home at the end of it!!

Thanks Kelsey
Looks great so far Jelbell85. Really like your choices for fitings and looking forward to seeing your build progress.

Bet you can't wait to see that pad go down. Any word on dates yet?
d3us_85
Looks great so far Jelbell85. Really like your choices for fitings and looking forward to seeing your build progress.

Bet you can't wait to see that pad go down. Any word on dates yet?

Thank you
Partner works FIFO so if we don't get something done on his R&R then we have to wait another 4 weeks to get the next bit done (this has dragged it out a bit!!) We received the final prestart variations this week so next time he is back last bits and pieces will be signed and fingers crossed slab goes down shortly after!! I am thinking realistically we might not see a slab for another 2 months... Just depends on how quickly everything moves once we sign the final paperwork.

Just had a look at your thread too.. looks like we are just around the corner from each other looking forward to following your build too all the best
We changed the glass splash back today as we thought that the gunmetal grey was too much of a contrast, so now we have Fool's Gold..!! Feeling much more at ease about this decision

Nice Jelbell, although you're now making me concerned about our splashback colour given we have the same choice of benchtop and cupboards! We did consider Gunmetal, but I think we settled on Granite.

We're still unsure what flooring we'll choose, so we thought a light splashback might have been too much with light colour floors.
D_rail
Nice Jelbell, although you're now making me concerned about our splashback colour given we have the same choice of benchtop and cupboards! We did consider Gunmetal, but I think we settled on Granite.

We're still unsure what flooring we'll choose, so we thought a light splashback might have been too much with light colour floors.

Thanks D_rail! I totally agree!! I think slightly darker splash backs look better if having a lighter floor! I guess seeing everything come together with our selections made me think a lighter splash back is best with darker floors
After choosing our floors I thought it was best to have something a little more neutral. Nice choice with the Granite.. that will be a nice contrast, I think you defiantly need more contrast if you are having lighter colours
jelbell55
Dewish
Just another one I would mention and consider, the bathroom window, check out pictures of the stoneleigh. I would consider changing to the same as that window, it fills the whole back wall and for some reason I just think it makes the room a bit bigger and looks nicer!

Thanks for the helpful suggestions Dewish. We reconfigured the ensuite at prestart so we will have a narrow window in between the his and hers basins that is flush with the stone bench top, and changed the window in the ensuite to clear glass to let lots of natural light in.. we are hoping this small change makes the bathroom feel bigger and brighter rather than where the window was originally on our plans.

Yah for clear glass! I prefer this much more to the plain old boring obscure glass (unless you really need it for privacy!)
i'm also a fan of big windows in bathroom so made our main bathroom window much bigger and only one pane of glass.
jelbell55
We changed the glass splash back today as we thought that the gunmetal grey was too much of a contrast, so now we have Fool's Gold..!! Feeling much more at ease about this decision

p

Yay for fools gold and sooooo wish I had clear glass in my bathrooms!!!
Now you both have me wondering Beazley77 and Tbrown if I should change the bathroom to clear glass too!! I only changed the ensuite window to clear glass so what are your thoughts on changing the second bathroom too??? I just love lots of light too and big windows. I didn't really think about it until now but we have a massive retaining wall with fence on top at the back of the block as the houses are elevated behind us so we do have lots of privacy

I just feel really bad asking our prestart consultant she must be getting sick of us changing our minds every 2 seconds!! Thoughts?? Bathroom is at the back of the home

I would!! We have kentia palms outside our ensuite window and a lovely green hedge is growing outside our main bathroom window. Wish I could see them all clearly! My solution at this point is to open the windows all the time but wishing they were clear. I wouldn't worry about privacy - just close the blinds when you are in the nick!!!
+Tbrown2012
I would!! We have kentia palms outside our ensuite window and a lovely green hedge is growing outside our main bathroom window. Wish I could see them all clearly! My solution at this point is to open the windows all the time but wishing they were clear. I wouldn't worry about privacy - just close the blinds when you are in the nick!!!

Hahaha

You have defiantly got me thinking it would be good to change it! I do love the idea of planting some really nice plants outside the window good thinking Tbrown. I think I'm sold on the idea
It's very difficult to plan and organise things when you or your partner work away so I can sympathise with you circumstances Jelbell.
Yeah Highbury Park is just on the other side of the hill. Looking to be a really nice area.
I've still not signed up and waiting on pricing before even thinking of committing. Will see what the builder is willing to use to secure my business. I'm in no rush. Hopefully I can squeeze something.
d3us_85
It's very difficult to plan and organise things when you or your partner work away so I can sympathise with you circumstances Jelbell.
Yeah Highbury Park is just on the other side of the hill. Looking to be a really nice area.
I've still not signed up and waiting on pricing before even thinking of committing. Will see what the builder is willing to use to secure my business. I'm in no rush. Hopefully I can squeeze something.

Everything will fall into place for you I am sure. We weren't even thinking of building just yet so I am sure everything will fall into place just like it did for us d3us_85
We are building in a baldivis and my partner works away aswell.. We have PCI planned for when my partner gets home but he's only home for 4 business days before he's back to work for another 28 days
so looks like I will have to do handover and a lot of moving on my own with two kids. Oh the joys!!
Love the splashback by the way!! We have the colour mercury, it looks similar if you want to see click on my build
Caraf88
We are building in a baldivis and my partner works away aswell.. We have PCI planned for when my partner gets home but he's only home for 4 business days before he's back to work for another 28 days
so looks like I will have to do handover and a lot of moving on my own with two kids. Oh the joys!!
Love the splashback by the way!! We have the colour mercury, it looks similar if you want to see click on my build

Just came across your build too Cara. Same with my partner he is only ever back for 4 business days at a time so I know exactly how you feel
Congrats on PCI you have come such a long way well done you must be really excited! Your home is beautiful and just took a look at the splash back looks gorgeous how your colours tie in so nicely! Which part of Baldivis are you in??
jelbell55
Hi Cara!! How funny is that I have only just come across your build! Same with my partner he is only ever back for 4 business days at a time so I know exactly how you feel
Congrats on PCI you have come such a long way well done you must be really excited! Your home is beautiful and just took a look at the splash back looks gorgeous how your colours tie in so nicely! Which part of Baldivis are you in??

We are in Baldivis North. Where abouts are you? Oh it's been so long! Our slab went down 20th June 2014 so it's been a long time coming. So hoping PCI goes to plan in 2 weeks time otherwise he's not back for another month and it makes things harder! I love your plan aswell
baldivis is a great area for being able to build big homes.
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum