Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Watersun - Vic - Handover DONE!

Page 4 of 4
I have been missing so many build threads lately because for some reason I don't seem to be getting notifications anymore.
Your place looks great! The waiting would drive me bonkers too, I've had to do a lot of waiting with my build so I feel your pain, and I'm not even at the finish line yet.
Thanks for that. We have a 1.6 meter fall on our block mainly the front 2.5 meters and I'm trying to figure out what the slope will look like and your photos looked like it had quite a fall on the front section. Enjoy your new house!
Are you in yet H220? crossing my fingers that you are!
wickie
Are you in yet H220? crossing my fingers that you are!

Not yet

so close!! All the blue inspection tape is now gone around the place which is a good sign, looks like there was some delivery of tiles that needed to be replaced - they are waiting to get installed.

few other bits and pieces looks like they have been fixed as well.
And just like that i have settlement taking placing late next week! So hopefully come next weekend i will posting from my new home!
Sounds great mate.... Gud luck

hmm the chances of handover are looking a little slim by the end of this week.
Im stilling waiting on my certificate of occupancy, so even if it does come in tomorrow that only give the bank 1-2 days to go out and do a valuation.

So the mind is in two places thats for sure!
not holding my breath still, all paper work is now at the bank. If it all goes ahead i will be very surprised....
feeling a bit disappointed tonight, considering iv got a few days off organized as well.
How frustrating, you are at the final step and then a delay.....
Well, iv had handover!!! But now iv got bank issues so the stress isn't gone as yet.

The house however is good, there a few items that need to be finished off but all in all, im not to stress about those things.
Any photos let me know, but here is one of the first night

Congratulations!! I would love to see some more pics, bathrooms/ensuite would be good
We have finally had everything sorted and should start in the next couple of weeks.
Wow, sorry about the delay. Looks like things just got away from me from H1!
So I guess I will go back one step before handover, Watersun gave me a date – from memory it was around1-2 weeks’ notice. I contacted the bank who of course need certificate of occupancy – which didn’t get to me until 2 days before, so the bank would not give me anything!
Thankfully I had the money so the settlement could still take place, however was a pretty stressful time waiting for the bank to give me the money back. They did after I think was around 2-3 weeks in the end! The bank come out and did a valuation which took all of around 30-60 seconds took 3-5 photos then left – I was like is that IT?
Now the house,
There was a few minor items that were missing after handover, a simple email saw these resolved quickly – important to check/double check your contract.

Overall happy with the house and the build quality done by Watersun.
Congratulations!! How exciting for you. A new year and a new home. We have had our site cut done after many many more issues. I really hope the build goes smoothly.
Oh yeah here a pic of the master bathroom, not massive but good size - this is with the bigger shower (sorry i will get a better pic!)

I also highly recommend you get the blind package from Watersun - they are good blinds for the price!!

Close up of the Kitchen with 900mm appliance's, Oven is great! maybe don't get the dishwasher option, mine is a dishlex though does the job very well.

Looks fantastic, it must be lovely living in a brand new home!
Just had my 90 day maintenance check, was only a hand full of items to be fixed which i think is pretty good.
can't believe its been 3 months!

Im just starting to do the landscaping stuff now so this will be almost done for me.

If anyone has any questions or wants me to take any more photos let me know, cheers.
I would love to see some more photo's.
Hi H220

Can you please share your garden Photos, front and backyard as I have to do them as well. may be i ll get an idea from you

thanks
sajidmib
Wow time gets away from you... 8 months or so lol.

Anyway here some pics!

Spare Room:

Entry Hall:

BackYard:

Related
23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations for Melbourne VIC?

Building A New House

I have posted this before: We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports…

20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

25/12/2023
Foil wrap not done before brickwork

General Discussion

I am in the same situation, would you be able to give some insights in to this? I am in SA

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum