Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Amelia & Nathan's First Home with HGWA- We're in!!!

Page 4 of 17
Rache
Lovely selections Meelz! Congrats on completion of brickwork!

Thanks Rache! Bring on the roof I say
auds
damn woman you are organised! I haven't picked carpets or anything yet - need to get my skates on. Love ALL your choices

Haha Auds, I am a bit of a control freak so I like to make sure everything's organized!! Have fun with making your choices x
ToriMatt8132
Congrats on brickwork completion, bring on timbers! Selections look fab, good choices

Thanks ToriMatt! Yes, bring it on! Pushing for lock up by Xmas!
Meelz
belzey
I have the same kitchen bench colour (also having it in my ensuite). Nice choices

Thanks Belzey, I have heard comments that they are easily stained so I'm a bit worried but I just wanted a pretty white kitchen so I couldn't resist! Haha

I have heard the same so I went black stone in my scullery see how that one goes
Kelsey78
The colours look great!! you have a great eye!

Next step roof timbers!!

Thanks Kelsey! I had help with the HGWA interior designer (thank god cos my OH just kept shrugging his shoulders!!) so hopefully it all goes together well
belzey
Meelz
belzey
I have the same kitchen bench colour (also having it in my ensuite). Nice choices

Thanks Belzey, I have heard comments that they are easily stained so I'm a bit worried but I just wanted a pretty white kitchen so I couldn't resist! Haha

I have heard the same so I went black stone in my scullery see how that one goes

That's a very clever idea! Wish I had included a scullery now! Oh well, next house I will hahaha...
I drove past the block on my lunch break and OMG most of the roof timber has been done!! Lol must have started early this morning
That is awesome news, fingers crossed lock up by Xmas, you've basically caught up to us now haha yay!
That is so impressive Meelz! It even looks spick! You must be stoked with that!
Wow thats so great!! One good thing about corian is that it can be buffed/fixed to remove imperfections. Our bench had a huge chip in it (courtesy of some heavy handed tradie) and the corian guys came and fixed it up you couldnt find where was now if you tried!
Roof looking schmicko!
I can't remember if I have ever posted but I have been following (quietly!). Things are moving along nicely, congrats on timbers! Also, loving your selections
Sooo this happened yesterday...

Its all happening now!!!
Rache
That is so impressive Meelz! It even looks spick! You must be stoked with that!

Thanks Rach, I was pretty impressed with how neat it was considering how quick it took!
dee_77
Wow thats so great!! One good thing about corian is that it can be buffed/fixed to remove imperfections. Our bench had a huge chip in it (courtesy of some heavy handed tradie) and the corian guys came and fixed it up you couldnt find where was now if you tried!

Thanks Dee, that's some good news I wasn't aware of! Glad to hear that, makes me feel better about my choice now lol
emsimpson
Roof looking schmicko!

Thanks emsimpson
aimees88
I can't remember if I have ever posted but I have been following (quietly!). Things are moving along nicely, congrats on timbers! Also, loving your selections

Hi Aimees88! Thanks
I can't wait to see it all come together!!
Yay!!! its looking awesome! Cant wait to see some finished pics!!
Jeepers, they haven;t mucked about ... it's coming together so quickly.

I love your colour choices, they all work together really well. I second Dee's comment about buffing out stains etc in Corian, it comes up looking as good as new.
Related
30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

29/05/2024
Building First home

Building A New House

Cant give recommendations in general with that builder, but during the colour selection, this is honestly personal preference. Depends on the style you want. Do you want…

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum