Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral homes daydream 30 at Logan Village

Page 4 of 10
Hi again,
The drainer grooves are $850, I've thought about it the last few hours,and decided not to get them as
it means less bench space,also I was speaking to a friend that said they chip your glasses etc,so we've
decided to buy a drainer/chopping board combo that fits one side of your double sink and it's only around
$150 and looks really nice,and when not in use I can pack it away. Thanks for all the advise,Julie
jul33m1
Hi again,
The drainer grooves are $850, I've thought about it the last few hours,and decided not to get them as
it means less bench space,also I was speaking to a friend that said they chip your glasses etc,so we've
decided to buy a drainer/chopping board combo that fits one side of your double sink and it's only around
$150 and looks really nice,and when not in use I can pack it away. Thanks for all the advise,Julie

Is that the price for the shower ones too?

Building our first dream home in NSW
Hey Jane and Mark
We are new here and just been follow up everyone who build with coral homes as we are plan to build daydream 28 and just start our own thread. We would like to ask you and others who build with coral homes some questions before we commit with them.
many thanks
Hi Cristyandpercy1,

When I say drainer grooves I mean the grooves that they cut out of the stone Benchtop,so you can put your washed dishes on them and the water drains back towards the sink, when you say shower do you mean the strip grates? Their around $600 for ensuite and main, I got them so my shower floor can be layed straight not diamond.julie
Hey jul33m1,

Yeah the strip grates. We are getting them too now, thanks to your advice.

jul33m1
Hi again,

Thanks Julie, I have decided against them now for that reason!

Also, another handy thing to know. You don't get charged any admin fees ($100+ per item) for any variances until AFTER the colour selection appointment. I always thought it was any changes made after signing the tender letter..
Lazy Saturday afternoon after meeting the painters this morning to sign off on the colours, one small change for the architraves and internal doors from White on White to 1/2 strength Lexicon, painters suggestion as it will match better with the 1/4 strength Grand Piano on the walls. Love it when you have tradies who show an interest in what you are doing.

Kitchen cabinets went in late this week, now we are starting to get a feel for the place, looking GOOD.

Click on the link for more pics.
[img][IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/comfortablynumb119/P1010007_zps43592bc6.jpg[/img][/img]

Looking good on the progress!!

Do you know how much it was to have the recess in the showers? also are you having downlights or pendants installed by coral and how much they are asking?

We were going to speak to the electrician and ask for some battens to be changed over to downlights, oyster lights and pendants but whzzz28 has mentioned that the electrician charges the same amount as what coral would quote.
cubshome
Looking good on the progress!!

Do you know how much it was to have the recess in the showers? also are you having downlights or pendants installed by coral and how much they are asking?

We were going to speak to the electrician and ask for some battens to be changed over to downlights, oyster lights and pendants but whzzz28 has mentioned that the electrician charges the same amount as what coral would quote.

Recess in the shower was $284 (I think)and it didn't matter what size you made it, we went with 1000mm long x 400mm high but that didn't change the price it was still $284.

We are just having battens put in everywhere except for a fluro in the kitchen so not sure what they would charge, either Coral or their electrician. I know I had some downlights put in to my last place and they cost $70 to install after I had bought the lights myself for about $10 each. I found Corals pricing for lights was pretty reasonable, would imagine the electrician would be as well, ours was very helpful with ideas when we met with him. We are going to wait until we are in and see how we live in the house before we decide what lighting we want and where.
That kitchen looks HUGE! Looking very nice
Looks awesome!
Posting to follow as we are also building with Coral Homes - modified Daydream 30.
Will start our own thread soon
daydream_build
Looks awesome!
Posting to follow as we are also building with Coral Homes - modified Daydream 30.
Will start our own thread soon

Welcome to H1, cool to see another Coraler, specially with the daydream 30.
Look forward to seeing your thread, where are you building?
Thank you! Have been following this forum for quite some time and have picked up some great tips.
We're building in Hervey Bay QLD
It's great to see so many Coral Homes threads too!
This build just never stops moving.

Wet area tiling has been done (bathroom, toilet, laundry and ensuite) and the double vanities have both been installed, although they were supposed to look like they were floating with the kick panel set back and they aren't, but that will be fixed.

Changed the main bathroom by removing the bath, didn't see the need for 2 baths so we kept the one in the ensuite, then we made the shower bigger, 1500mm long, and had room for a double vanity the same as the ensuite.

Have to say, probably the best tiling job I have seen, these guys did an awesome job, so happy with it.

Main bathroom in browns with the floor tiles the same as the main floor and the ensuite in greys, just for something a little different and hopefully a bit luxurious.

Watch this space.
Click on the link for more pics.
[img][IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/comfortablynumb119/P1010011_zps3064263e.jpg[/img][/img]

Great photos! What is the name of the grey tiles?
Love those grey tiles!!!

Looking great!!! I cant believe how quickly your build is moving compared to what ours did!!
You should definitely be in before Christmas!
daydream_build
Great photos! What is the name of the grey tiles?

Ensuite.
Grey tiles on the wall are Brooklyn Grigio.
Shower floor tiles are Belga Grey.
Main floor is Gastone Carrara White Semi Gloss
Main bathroom.
Wall tiles are Haven Light Linen.
Shower floor tiles are Haven Linen.
Main floor is Obelis Sand Gloss.
Very nice. Are you getting tiles or floorboards in the rest of the house - sorry can't keep everybody's builds straight in my head!
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum