Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Double Story Build - Photos and an Update

Page 4 of 7
Some pic...

Front of the house with no scaffolding

Back of the house......

There not that much more to see, until they start on the inside!.
Wow Dsbiild love how you utelise the top of garage as well .. My hubby like there kind of design .. Make it look so grand

Are you having any rendering to front ? What you doing to the balcony area ?

I see what you mean by roof to garage .. It's only a tiny bit .. But can't under stand what's taking them ?

Do you also have access way on side of your garage ??

Hope you have a better week next week
Thanks Mentone! It's a good use if space. Hopefully with the acoustic installation the garage noise won't go through the whole house. (Not that it's a huge problem).

We wanted render... But ran out of money... We opted for other changes we can not make later. We can alway render later if we really want to. No balcony either, that bit you can see is just the porch roof.

Good new.... The roof is meant to be on by the end of the weekend, installation and plaster next week..... Let see what happens!
WE HAVE a ROOF!!!!

Admin rang me on Friday saying the roof will be done and installation and plastering will be done this week. 80% of the installation is in.... If it's plastered by the end of the week I will be very happy!

Still no work on my independent report - I will be chasing that up tomorrow as most of the items needed to be fixed per installation.

I have so excited things are moving again and can't wait to see the house plastered!

I'll post some photos tomorrow!

Happy Building!
Photos as promised!

I have no photo of the tiny bit of garage roof done! I have no idea how that happened! This is the Alfresco titled....

Our upgraded installation!

And installed....

I am getting very excited now the inside of the house has started. Plastering is going to take over the weekend.... the only problem is they STILL have no resolved any of the issues in my independent report. They have said they will get back to me at the end of the week... I'll keep you posted!

Happy Building!
Oh wow look at the progress this week .. You must be super rap!!

Did it cost you much for the installation upgrade ??

I really like you alfresco area .. It much wider open spaced than mine ..
You can even convert into an additional room if you wanted too in the future

Installation , plaster and soon you be at paint stage in no time

Looks like we may both be moving in by 8 weeks

Ps yah make sure you push them for an update on the report !!
Must congrat! Given that we are having these crazy rainny days!!
There is no way I will be moving in 8 weeks! I am at least 4 weeks if not more behind you at the moment. Love the good vibes though!

Yes it cost a bit, but because the garage is part of the house, we felt long term it was a good investment. The alfresco too was a change in the plans. We doubled it size and tiled the roof, it a good space. I'll have to have a Look at your thread.... Is yours in the roof line?

I was lucky Trambay they did the roof over the weekend...just in time!
Yay, Dsbuild! The roof and insulation is looking great, bet you are super happy with the progress
Loving your colour combo!
Looks great. Can't wait to see your white kitchen. I'm also a white kitchen lover. I have been reading your thread but I don't think I've commented until now. It seems to have gone up really quickly. Ours started in Dec and will finish in October but it's not double story. Good luck with getting your issues sorted.

Awesome photos... please keep them coming!
Thanks Cinquain - this weeks progress has been good. You must be pleased with your house! Its looking wonderful and moving so fast.

Hi Joannek and Tlbhayward! Thanks for your comments! I have a white and black kitchen... so I think you white kitchen lovers will either love it or hate it.... which is ok. We all like different things! Yes I am very excited to see it too. Wow your house is taking a long time to build Joanek... I'll check out your thread to see whats happening! I'm a bit slow on the photo, but I will do my best to post more.
Hello All!

Its been a week of great progress BUT great stress as well.

Its been great as they finally started on the inside of the house with installation and plaster! (And downpipes on the outside).

Our kitchen, dining area and living are all one long room. the picture is looking at the dining the kitchen area, with fridge spot, laundry and pantry all on the right.

This is standing in dining area looking at our lounge.

The house looks SO different with the plaster up. It is SO exciting and I just want to go again to get a feel for the place.

.... Now the stress.

With 90% of the installation installed and no feed back on the independent report, I rang admin and asked when was I to expect the photos of the fixed items. I was told by Friday afternoon. The photos loaded up Thursday afternoon. Some of the item have been fixed satisfactory other have not. The control joins I have spoken about (the reason why the scaffolding stayed up a bit longer) does not meet the engineers requirements and need to be fixed. This is currently underway.

The SS thinks this gap in the tiles is a reflection off something...What do you think? (The picture is taken normally. its not zoomed in).

I think there is a gap in the tiles personally, but I stand to be corrected by those with experience on this site!

There is still an issue with the shower bases too. Ill be talking with Burbank about it early this week.

On Friday there has been an other issue. I am bitterly disappointed. And moving forward with any confidence in the information I am getting from burbak is going to be hard. I am not going to go into the details here as i don't want it to come back on me. I am mentioning it however as I am happy to discuses it with any one who thinks the story may be of benefit to them. Just PM me.

I am hoping for an easier week.

Good Luck and Happy Building!
Congrats on the plastering Dsbuild.. Now it makes it feel more like a home .. I know how you feel wanting to go back and look

With the gap in tile, and with the rain we been heving have you notice any water puddles beneath .. We notice and took a photo of a water puddle just beneath where they installed the solar hot water ... So look after for puddles and take photo of those to support your case ??

I hope they soon fix you joints .. For your sake hope you get better weather in the weeks to come ..

We went by the house today and lucky the painter was there finishing off painting the skirting so we got to have look .. 95% painted and we also notice they delivered the tiles .. Hopefully tiling to come this week

Hoping better week for you this week !
Thanks Mentone it is exciting! The plaster is up now so I can't see any puddles. The plaster didn't look wet for the moment. I'll talk to them about it. Maybe they can explain it to me better. The control joins will be fixed by the end of the week... which will be good with one less thing to worry about.

Mixing threads again.... I've started pack bits and pieces... have you not started at all?
dsbuild
Thanks Mentone it is exciting! The plaster is up now so I can't see any puddles. The plaster didn't look wet for the moment. I'll talk to them about it. Maybe they can explain it to me better. The control joins will be fixed by the end of the week... which will be good with one less thing to worry about.

Mixing threads again.... I've started pack bits and pieces... have you not started at all?

Haha I have been packing ever since I started building .. But today was a huge progress .. 10 boxes just kitchen Cuboards alone.. Can't believe I accumulate so much over the years

Also don't know about you but so hard packing with my 2 yr old boy being curious too !!
Mentone3850
Haha I have been packing ever since I started building .. But today was a huge progress .. 10 boxes just kitchen Cuboards alone.. Can't believe I accumulate so much over the years

Also don't know about you but so hard packing with my 2 yr old boy being curious too !!

Omg I have packed like four boxes so far. I am dreading it. I really just want to pack up all of the kids' stuff first so they stop pulling it all out everyday! Seriously need to cull toys.

Dsbuild, look forward to seeing more of your build
Mentone3850

Oh yeah. Having moved once into the "to be demolished house" we still have to move into rental and then into new. Our two year holds 'helped' lots and as for so much stuff after we had filled the 3x3m self storage and the 5x7m shed here on site we are determined to cull some before the next move.

Btw both build threads look good and remember to keep a level head about the defects list. All new builds have problems (and not all get resolved) but the houses still stand and the owners are happy once you are in.
Hey Mentone! I'm trying to pack while he is sleeping! Plus we are starting the process to sell our house, so I can only pack boys that will fit in cupboards! Massive tidy and cleaning going on at my house this week! I keep telling hubby that if we don't get rid of some stuff now we are going to have it for the next 30 years!
cinquain
Mentone3850

Omg I have packed like four boxes so far. I am dreading it. I really just want to pack up all of the kids' stuff first so they stop pulling it all out everyday! Seriously need to cull toys.

Dsbuild, look forward to seeing more of your build

Moving is the pits! I have pack more than four boxes cinquain!
We do not want to sell our house too early so we putting it on the market a bit later, the is a good chance I am only have 2-3 weeks to pack and move! I am not thinking about it until it happens!
Related
28/12/2023
Builder for double story house in Tallawong Schofields NSW

Building A New House

We bought land in Tallawong Schofields NSW size 30m X 12.5m and planning to get double story house build around 350 sqm. We are thinking about having premium inclusions…

28/06/2023
Second story extension on steel frame house

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, We have a single story MacDonald Jones house, on a waffle pod slab with steel frame. Are we able to build a second story extension? Other info is we are 900mm from…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum