Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Eden by Dale Alcock in Aveley - Complete

Page 4 of 4
Mrszzz
What a lovely home - congrats!

I love the wood flooring, its beautiful. Would you mind telling me if you have scotia around the kitchen island? We are considering engineered boards or bamboo and have been told by a number of people - whether we get them laid by our builder and especially after handover scotia will be needed to cover the expansion gap - but it looks like you laid your boards after handover and I can't see any scotia?

thanks!

Only places I have scotia are around areas where it's not feasible to have skirting, I.e around the bottom kick panels on kitchen cabinets, door frames that aren't high enough for skirting or dishwasher recess that would narrow the recess too much (was already a tight fit even with scotia). Skirting boards are everywhere else you can reasonably fit it including around the bottom of the fridge recess.

Hope that helps.

Hi @Silvarbullit it looks great. Well done!!
I absolutely love this floor plan. We are building but in NZ. The options for plans just aren’t as good over here! Would you be willing to share a copy of these plans with us? It’s perfect for our family. Thanks Lori
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum