Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Dale Alcock in Ashby - Roof & Electrics!!

Page 4 of 6
asj25
The black subway tiles look great.
I saw an amazing kitchen with turquoise subway tiles, but I found it too hard to source here!
And I love the ensuite tiles also. I considered doing our floor in them - but thought our tiler might faint....

Thanks!

Turqoise subways would be awesome, I don't think I could be brave enough for that one though!

With the ensuite feature - I asked the builder if they could alternate colour and do some black - said it's possible but it becomes really $$$ because it becomes custom mosaic instead of laid on that netting stuff... Still love that it gives the impression of something much more deluxe than it is.. AND it looks classic which I love!
Yep - it wont age. And apparently they are really easy to keep clean. Edwardian Tile shop in freo have them laid on the display 'bathroom' with an old fashioned free standing bath - looks amazing!
Nice selections, I think I picked the same floor tiles and carpet as you. And same caesarstone and cabinet colours too

I don't remember them having subway tiles when we did prestart in March so they must've added some new things to their selections. Love the black subway tiles - will look amazing imo!
navs
Nice selections, I think I picked the same floor tiles and carpet as you. And same caesarstone and cabinet colours too

I don't remember them having subway tiles when we did prestart in March so they must've added some new things to their selections. Love the black subway tiles - will look amazing imo!

Snap snap!

I'll be sure to take a look at your build, the Elwood is very similar to our plan / lot size apparently
Stunning inspiration pic with those black subways!
I love your front door choice. We would have loved to have had that same door throughout our house but it didnt come in all the different sizes that our doors are. If i had known that at the planning stage i might have considered changing the door sizes. Those black subway tiles are pretty special. I dont remember seeing them at our prestart. They will certainly be a feature. Im glad you went with the ice snow over a black bench. Its the same as mine (which shows your good taste ha ha) but it will look cleaner. Black shows a lot of dirt. I bet you cant wait to see it all come together now!
I like your thinking, wrethm01!

What you were describing reminded me a little of this Stockholm apartment I saw on Pinterest (of course). I think the black tiling looks fantastic with the white cupboards. I can't wait to see your plans come to life.
Thanks Tracy! I'm so excited about the tiles (can't you tell haha!).
We did end up having a bit of a budgetary moment and didn't end up changing to that door in prestart and stuck with a standard. We're adding a screen door anyway and this is one thing I let my partner have his way on hehe.

Fancy Pants, I love the black and white contrast - especially with the grout tiling both elements together nicely and the stainless just topping it off. So excited to see it come together, and especially excited because I haven't seen this style in a kitchen in Perth yet so it will be very unique (and a little bit brave!).

We've just spent the last hour arguing over our prestart variations list haha! All in good fun, we've not really spent much considering what i've heard others spend! We just need to reconsider our window covering choices as we think we can get that done cheaper PHO.

Anybody have any experiences with blindsonline at all? Easy to install yourself or difficult? OR has anybody hired a contractor to install and was it expensive??

Party time - tomorrow is Wednesday!
(And hopefully we will hear back from the bank on our revised valuation Friday!)
Hi wrethm01, just posting to follow your journey
love your selections! I love subway tiles too but couldn't talk other half into it.
Sigh, few unexpected banking dramas! (It seems like many are having the same thing).

Our bank undervalued the build by approx 20k so we had to get mortgage insurance and come up with the shortfall. (With little to no notice). Thankfully we were able to pull it together quickly to keep everything moving but it hasn't been a fun week on the mortgage front!

It's all back with them now and hopefully we will get an approval next week!
Aaand now the bank doesn't like the payment schedule put together by Dale Alcock,

Apparently our plate height payment % is too high.. Has anybody else had this issue / had success resolving it?
I've seen a few people. Are you using a broker? They should discuss it with Dales.

As long as it isn't a huge change I would think the builder will happily change it. I remember think our final payment was rather low since after lockup we'd paid most of it and the final payment wasn't even close to the cost of outstanding work.
We had the exact same issue. DAH were very accommodating. We just gave them the schedule as revised by the bank and they made some changes to keep the bank happy. The process was relatively easy.
Hi wrethm01, I've just checked on this and it's being looked into for you by our accounts team, their just waiting on a call back from your bank!
Hey All,

Yep our construction co-ord has been very helpful
It's all to do with the bank now.

Unfortunately, we aren't using a broker (WHICH IS HALF THE ISSUE - BIGGEST REGRET!).
Going direct to the bank for applications is epic hard work!

NAB can't understand why plate height is so expensive. We've worked out its because in QLD they use frames and not double brick for internal walls.. which is why its more expensive at this point. DAH finance / Our co-ord can't get through to the finance team (probably because one/two people handles applications across four states).. hopefully we get some action from the bank tomorrow.

Sigh. It's depressing, especially when the exact same house that started the process at the same time as us next door (also a dales) has its bricks and frames delivered ready for brickwork to commence.

Getting there.. Fingers and toes crossed for tomorrow everyone!
Wow what a headache, hope it all works out for you quickly.
Well I hope it gets resolved quickly. Good luck!!
So.. after a lot of back and forth, us explaining to the bank a few times that it has brick internals and will cost more at this stage....

We got FORMAL APPROVAL!!

Aaand, Dales have progressed us to Construction!!!

Slab date on the way, hopefully can have a slab party soon!

Can't wait, the rental is really starting to get to us... baaah
Good news! One step closer to seeing those delicious subway tiles in real life.
I dream about those subway tiles..

I'm even obsessing so much that I was watching that Angelina Jolie movie 'SALT' the other day and I kept pointing out scenes where I could see subway tiles bahaha!.. little obsessed.!
Related
23/02/2024
Am I too heavy for the roof cavity?

General Discussion

Firstly, if your house is still under builder's warranty (10 years in Victoria) you should have no need to crawl into roof space but let the builder handle it, unless you…

7/12/2023
Roof Plumbing Complaint

General Discussion

In my experience roof is essential element of the building envelope and hence a common property and should be covered by owners corporation however a detailed review of…

31/05/2024
Roof Plumbing - no compliance certificate ?

General Discussion

Hi Sillysausage1900, Hope all is well. I came across this forum as Im somewhat same situation with you regarding Roof Plumbing certificate requirement. Im requesting a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum