Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our KDR - Gemmill. Ceilings and lockup! FINALLY

Page 4 of 4
Is it honestly that hard to even set reminders in your computer fortnightly to contact which ever client pops up on that day for an update? A simple email even just to say there is nothing happening at least you know you're being thought of!? For me that email would save me a lot of time and fuel when I live 160km round trip from my build. I just don't understand it!

I hope you have more action at your house soon and would certainly hope you're in before Easter if originally they said November!
Hi Darcy sorry you have had a major delay I hope it all works out for you soon, looking forward to pics though
OK - it's been a really long time, and I know people like photos. Some are a bit older, as we are at lockup now…..

Floor Plan to remind you…...

Side view from street level.

Pool and alfresco area

View from other street - garage and porch area

View from pool. From left to right - Porch, scullery, alfresco and our master bed window.

Master bed doors opening out to alfresco - scullery at the far end of the alfresco

From kitchen bench - looking to dining/living area and alfresco outside.

Music room - looking out to small courtyard
And another update…..

CLO and SS seem to have sorted the door issue quickly and painlessly - YAY!!!

But, the stone bench we chose for the kids bathroom and music room ensuite (Absolute Sienna) is no longer in production, so we need to go choose another one. *sigh* Another thing to add to our weekend list of jobs.

And kitchen/bathroom cabinets, wardrobe fittings, pantry and linen cupboards etc are all in!!!!

I'm happy now that things are motoring along - but still tinged with frustration that we won't have the keys before Christmas. Mainly as I'm being forced to take 2 weeks off work, and would love to be able to be doing things to the house, rather than twiddling my thumbs in our rental while the house is untouched and SO CLOSE. Ahh well, no point complaining.

Will try to get some photos through the windows on my way home tonight.

Has anyone here got any artificial turf recommendations?
Wow Darcy those are great photo's! Looks fabulous
Related
24/05/2024
MJH 2024 - Timeframe from lockup to PCI

Building A New House

Anyone have any ideas on time frame? - Our gyprock got delivered today and SS said it will be all installed by end of this coming week with waterproofing to be done a few…

12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

31/01/2024
3m ceilings

Building A New House

I was quoting framing timber sizes from Australian Standard AS1684.4 Table A13 for 2700mm wall heights Tile Roof, single storey. This Australian Standard doesn't refer to…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum