Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our build with Celebration Homes

Page 4 of 6
I'm a little bit annoyed today! My partner got a call yesterday from one of our neighbours to let us know that some kids who live down the street had drawn all over our render with chalk and also been throwing sand from our sand pile out onto the road

My partner managed to get the chalk off and also found the kids who did it (they had drawn all over the road outside their house with the same chalk) and he has asked them not to do it again. The parents were nowhere to be seen
Hopefully that is the end of it.
We reached lock up on Friday!

Here are a couple of pics of our front door - obviously not painted yet

Our cupboards and benchtops were all delivered yesterday. They haven't been installed yet but here are a couple of pics.

You can see that the pantry shelves have also been installed too!

Looking nice Rubes, moving along nicely
A few more photos.. A lot of people have said that everything slows right down after reaching lock up but it seems like Celebration are still full steam ahead! Hopefully I haven't jinxed myself by saying that...

Our ensuite cabinet and benchtop installed as well as the sink:

Kitchen cabinets and sink installed:

Laundry cabinets and sink installed:

Toilets delivered:

Bath delivered:

We have a meeting booked with the tiler and site supervisor on Thursday next week too.

I'm getting so excited!
Another update. My partner had a meeting with the site supervisor and the tiler this morning. Tiles should be finished by the end of next week. The ceilings are being painted at the moment too. The site supervisor seems to think we will get the keys by the end of January!

Here are a couple of pics from last weekend..

Kitchen:

Ensuite:

looking good I bet your getting excited. did you not get stone bench tops to the kitchen?
Thanks Tezza yep we are getting very excited.

Unfortunately we didn't get the stone benchtops. Its our first home and we had quite a large block, so to be able to afford the home we wanted we had to delete a couple of things (stone benchtops, ducted a/c - saved us about $10k off the total price).
A few more pics - we went and had a look on the weekend and the tiler has started:

Laundry floor - sorry there wasn't very good lighting for me to take the pic

Bathroom shower - floor tiling & waterproofing

Ensuite shower - floor tiling & waterproofing

Ensuite floor:

Great pic's, all the good stuff is starting to take shape
Here are a few more photos - the tiling is finished now!

Ensuite niche/feature wall:

Splashback.. It is a little hard to see the mosaic detailing in the tiles in this photo because of the glare:

Our oven:

Garage floor:

I love your ENS tiles!
I we are going for the colours for our ENS.
I like your niche too
Thanks! I really liked them when I chose them, but while I was waiting for the build to start and before they went up on the wall I was really second guessing my choice.. Now I love them again haha!
Wow!
Coming along in leaps and bounds
Glossy tiles in shower look lovely
Thank you
Been following your thread, and just wondering if you are in yet?
Hello!

Sorry, it has been awhile since I've done an update. No, we are not in the house yet, but we are having our final inspection in a week or so, and providing there isn't much to do following on from that we should have handover another week or so after that!

We then will need to get cracking on the painting and flooring, then we will be in

Here are a couple of photos of our finished render colour and also our flyscreen doors which were installed yesterday:

Excellent news!
Hi Rubes - love all the pictures of your house, you must be super excited to see it nearly finished. We are just starting our build with celebrations and really looking forward to seeing our house get built as well. How did you find the general quality of the work done by the builders? Did you spot any errors during the build or are there any places you think we should look as the house gets built? We had one or two errors with the final plans/addenda where things had been marked up wrong so hoping those kinds of errors don't happen during the build.

Thanks
Related
8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

10/04/2024
Build experience - Trend Connection Homes

Building A New House

How has your experience been like so far?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum