Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our castle by the sea - first build in Trinity, Alkimos

Page 4 of 6
beemdoubleu

Our house plan with goodlife homes is so ridiculously similar to yours!
beemdoubleu
Lock up meeting scheduled for next Wednesday morning!

Awesome news beem, congrats
Oops forgot to post photos up from last week - peeking through windows! We'll wait until our meeting on site mid-week to get better interior shots

The great green door!!

Our master bedroom - I had to stand in the planter box to get close enough to the window for this one

Really don't get a sense of size until your all moved in based on these photos, but it looks brilliant, love the green doors by the way (lol).
It's a very decent sized house Eddie - we chose it for something we can grow into

To get a sense of the size the Celebrations display home up in Shorehaven (5 mins north of Trinity) is a very similar design, can't think of the name sorry! But that would give you some sort of indication.

It might take a while to get sorted, but I plan on popping up some photos with furniture in place, so that should help a bit with the sense of size too.
beemdoubleu
It's a very decent sized house Eddie - we chose it for something we can grow into

To get a sense of the size the Celebrations display home up in Shorehaven (5 mins north of Trinity) is a very similar design, can't think of the name sorry! But that would give you some sort of indication.

It might take a while to get sorted, but I plan on popping up some photos with furniture in place, so that should help a bit with the sense of size too.

Yeah definitely, not complaining about the size
We chose the Polaris based on the Presley (the one your referring to) and we found it to be ample sized in the display home, and in reality the Polaris is not much smaller based on my calculations
itzeddie
Yeah definitely, not complaining about the size
We chose the Polaris based on the Presley (the one your referring to) and we found it to be ample sized in the display home, and in reality the Polaris is not much smaller based on my calculations

That's the one! I seem to remember someone saying that the study area in the Presley is slightly smaller for some reason. Definitely gives a great feel for the house being able to see something similar on display though!
A change in SS caused some communication issues and we were waiting over half an hour for our meeting on site this morning. A bit disappointing but these things do happen and a call to the office got things resolved quickly. So excited to see things really coming together now!

Front render is painted - not a great shot though unfortunately as the light wasn't good;

My Kitchen!!

Laundry - we'll be doing the rest of the fit out ourselves after handover

LOVE my walk in linen

Bathroom looking good - waterproofing is complete and the tiler is starting today

One of the minor bedrooms -

Looking forward to enjoying some morning sunshine, looking at the corner of the dining area and living;

Front door and garage internal entry;

All the trades are booked in pretty tightly from now on and we're pencilled in for PCI on the 16th of August!
Awesome photos there beem! Looks so much more spacious from inside! So what meeting was this? A lockup meeting? How long is keys after PCI usually? LOVE the colour contrast on the front by the way.
Looks amazing!!!
Thankyou!

Celebrations do a "lock up meeting", other builders might call it a tiler's meeting or something else. It's actually the first time we've had an on site meeting - I know others do a few along the way, so it's really up to how the company operates.

They have 10 working days after PCI for fixing any issues and then we get keys. If there's very few issues though it could be sooner than that!
house looks so good now bet you cant wait for it all to be done
Great pictures, looks wonderfull. So close to the end now
All looks great beemdoubleu. Pity your tiling wasn't done when you went through, but at least everything will be almost completed by PCI. Great you got a date for that already. Won't be long...end of August like you predicted.
We've pencilled in our post handover trades to come in the first week of Sept so I sure hope there won't be any delays! How is your place going Belle?
beemdoubleu
We've pencilled in our post handover trades to come in the first week of Sept so I sure hope there won't be any delays! How is your place going Belle?

That's the beauty of having a PCI locked in now....you can get your trades sorted. I cant see there being any delays,they are running out of weeks to finish your place beemdoubleu, I think you will be fine !!We only found out 2 days before when our PCI was...been in limbo land for the last few weeks! Happy to report PCI is done and dusted and we will get keys on the 9th...super excited!! You won't be too far behind...eeek
Yay for keys Belle!! That's great news. Definitely not too far behind you - but the time can't go quick enough. We didn't go up this weekend just past to take a look, but I've got my fingers crossed by the time we pop up at the end of the week that the tiling will well and truly be finished
Yay PCI is happening on Monday!!

So close now
wow you will be moving in soon
We still have some trades of our own to come through before we officially get to move in, but it will be nice finally getting the keys
Related
12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum