Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Hamptons double-storey Melb - back landscaping stage 2

Page 4 of 43
Thanks Lisa.

Unbelievably the 2nd level frame is almost finished, and the deck has been started out the back.

Sunny days to come for the rest of the week too which helps!
A few more with the 2nd level nearly complete and the roof frame started:

I believe there might be a slight hold up now - waiting on scaffolding.
Looks great cinder - I'm so jealous of those views you have!
Hehe - thanks. We waited for a block like that to come up for sale for about 18 months. Worth it!
Starting to really take shape now. Looking great!
wow taking shape fast. Keep the progress photos happening

Told you once started flies by fast.
I reckon you will be in Oct.
the rate there going

Longest time seems to be fitting out inside. Cant wait to see the finished house, going to be amazing in a amazing location too
Hi Lisa, yeah SS said perhaps September but I'm not sure, wait and see I guess. December is the official time anyway but it'd be nice before then.

Some more pics:

Done well considering the ordinary weather. Not much rain though so I guess that's why. Meant to hail tomorrow afternoon tho
Wow looking fantastic, they have made great progress
Thanks Charnley. Definitely getting exciting now.
Great views!
and some excellent photos of your progress. Great to see the photographic journal of your build.
Well done.
Thanks
glad you like
A few more from the last 2 days. Scaffolding up with the fascia to start next week.

Don't think I'd want to to be walking along that scaffolding
great pictures of the framing. find it very useful (think i mentioned i'm OBing a weatherboard in a year or so). two questions:

1. what sort of span do you have in the rear ground floor room (the large span) and what type of beam is it?
2. it looks like you've pretty much built to the boundaries - was this difficult to get permission from the council?

looking great btw
Hi Smitho. Thank you!

Um ... do you mean what is the length of the back wall? 9.7m. They've put some steel beams in there as well as the wood to support the upper level.

Nope, nearly all the houses in the street go to the side boundaries. It's only the front & back where there's regulations I believe. Also if you go up (double story) then the side boundaries become an issue (hence we're not as far over on the upper levels).
Fascia has been started:

Not sure what comes next but roof is meant to be soon.
AWESOME !!!
It's going to look soooo nice! Can't wait to see it come together! Love your floor plan!
Thank you
Roofing has started, loving the Surf Mist. It really pops in the sun!

I can't wait to get to this stage. Looking great!
Related
31/10/2023
Acreage, double storey

Building A New House

We're in NSW, but designs from anywhere ok for inspo!

28/03/2024
Full Brick Double Storey 38Sq House Price Estimated?

Building A New House

Hi Kristy Around $1.7-1.8m or around $4,600/sqm. if you PM me your email I will send you a break up in a spreadsheet so you can get an understanding of the costs for…

5/08/2023
What is the minimum side/back setbacks for small lots?

Building A New House

My land is 260m2 (10m x 26m) located in claymore NSW. Under campbelltown council. I know in general the following setbacks would apply ground floor side setback =…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum