Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis Upgrades and Costs

Page 4 of 32
meowsy
Ok, thanks Imlost. After re-reading this thread, I wonder if I have been quoted wrongly on Cat 2 bricks?? I was quoted around $2000 for the Montrose, which is around 22sq. I am going to ask my SC to check on that.... it seems like alot given I was quoted $4000 for Cat 6 bricks....

From our tender appointment I'd have expected more like $800 for cat 2 bricks on a 22 square house. $2k is ridiculous!

HD
I was told buy Porter Davis sales agents get a flat commission while some of the other builders gets a commission on upgrades as well. Is this true?

It does explain why their upgrades are cheaper. With my other builder, refrigerated cooling costs an extra $30k but at Porter Davis I was only quoted $15k for it.
Jackula, that is good to know the upgrades aren't marked up as much as some of the other builders. I don't have the inside knowledge to know how the commissions work though...

Lurgen, yes, we will find out for sure at the tender appointment I guess? Putting our deposit on today so hopefully that should only be in a couple of weeks time..
Facade Pricelist for access range

Riviera Included
Thorngate $1500
Barwon $1700
Ormond $1700
Coburn $2100
Nuvo $4300
Burton $5900
These costs are for people comparing the base price with current promotions.
These were the base prices for the house only with standard inclusion for a promotion they had late last year, spring stimulus. Hope it helps.

Access Base Price:
Cannonvale 21 $181,900
Livingstone 21 $179,900
Montague 21 $182,900
Montrose 19 $175,900
Lisborne 24 $188,900
London 24 $191,900
London 22 $185,900
Parkville 23 $186,900
Randwick 24 $188,900
Regatta 23 $188,900

Lifestyle Base Price:

Single Storey
Ashdale 29 $215,900
Baldwin 29 $209,900
Berkley 29 $210,900
Camberwell 29 $213,900
Darnley 29 $211,900
Davenport 29 $209,900
Drysdale 30 $213,900
Fairhaven 23 $190,900
Foxley 29 $210,900
Lincoln 27 $205,900
Oakdale 29 $210,900

Double Storey
Chadwick 41 $294,900
Fullerton 41 $294,900
Heathcote 42 $303,900
Marbella 42 $304,900
Marina 42 $296,900
Rockford 40 $298,900
Wimbley 35 $283,900

Prestige Base Price:
Amalfi 33 $230,900
Dunhil 33 $231,900
Ivanhoe 33 $231,900
Jasper 33 $230,900
Kallara 33 $232,900
Queenstown 33 $227,900
Sandpiper 33 $232,900

Double Storey
Brighton 40 $306,900
Bristol 35 $299,900
Brooklyn 50 $347,900
Cayman 46 $320,900
Sandarah 45 $319,900
Sandringham 45 $324,900
Santana 45 $321,900
Waldorf 48 $341,900
Waldorf 44 $331,900
Waldorf 43 $324,900
Thanks so much for all your input here all, it's very helpful

Does anyone know about paint options? I want white archs and skirts, then a different white on all walls. Is that extra?
Mumtomonkeys

Does anyone know about paint options? I want white archs and skirts, then a different white on all walls. Is that extra?

Over on page 353 of the Porter Davis thread (viewtopic.php?f=31&t=497&hilit=porter+davis&start=7040) there is a big list of paint options. Anything with a white base (where it says white after the numbers) is considered a standard paint and won't cost you extra so you can have a different white on your walls
ftdt7882
Mumtomonkeys

Over on page 353 of the Porter Davis thread (viewtopic.php?f=31&t=497&hilit=porter+davis&start=7040) there is a big list of paint options. Anything with a white base (where it says white after the numbers) is considered a standard paint and won't cost you extra so you can have a different white on your walls

Thanks so much
Hi all,
We are currently building the Montrose 19 + 4th bedroom and grand alfresco with Porter Davis, and after reading through these upgrade costs we decided to add in the Laminex Silk Finish to our kitchen cabinets. However we have been quoted just over $2700 for this product! It was a bit of a shock as I've read that others have only paid around $300 - $900 depending on kitchen size, and we only have about 12 kitchen panels - no overhead cabinets at all! We questioned it with Porter Davis but they have assured us it is the correct price. Has anyone else been quoted this much for the Silk Finsih (it's only a slight gloss - we were told at Hopetoun it was the next level up from standard), or are we being overcharged?
Kaycee77
Hi all,
We are currently building the Montrose 19 + 4th bedroom and grand alfresco with Porter Davis, and after reading through these upgrade costs we decided to add in the Laminex Silk Finish to our kitchen cabinets. However we have been quoted just over $2700 for this product! It was a bit of a shock as I've read that others have only paid around $300 - $900 depending on kitchen size, and we only have about 12 kitchen panels - no overhead cabinets at all! We questioned it with Porter Davis but they have assured us it is the correct price. Has anyone else been quoted this much for the Silk Finsih (it's only a slight gloss - we were told at Hopetoun it was the next level up from standard), or are we being overcharged?

We are building the Drysdale 28 and have overhead cupboards in our kitchen. I have just received a quote back for Laminex silk finish for all cupboards in Kitchen (excluding benchtop as we have caesarerstone) and it came to $1700. Your quote definitely sounds expensive. Maybe they quoted you for the the more expensive vinyl wrap gloss.
Has anyone upgraded the solar panels so that you can power the whole house?
Kaycee77
Hi all,

Hi for overhead cabinets only it will cost you between 650-750$ .. we did the same and it costed 695$ to us..
hope this helps
meowsy

I'd love to know this also. We're trying to work out the best option for a efficient home. Not sure if we should upgrade wall and ceiling insulation, or to with the solar upgrade pack, or even the hebel option. Anyone have any ideas on which would be better for the running costs off the home?
Mumtomonkeys
meowsy

I'd love to know this also. We're trying to work out the best option for a efficient home. Not sure if we should upgrade wall and ceiling insulation, or to with the solar upgrade pack, or even the hebel option. Anyone have any ideas on which would be better for the running costs off the home?

Can't fully help with answers, however in our research for Solar Panels, you are best also to find out from the energy providers how much you get back from them for any energy you put into the grid and how much you pay for electricity you then take from them. These prices have changed greatly over the last few years - eg, a friend of mine was getting 67c for energy into the grid, however if he changed providers he would now only get 22c. So you need to research this side of it also (don't take my figures here for gospel). The price in installing or purchasing solar panels is also coming down in price.
Also consider thinking about double glazed windows for energy efficiency - this obviously has a price tag attached.
MummaDJ
Mumtomonkeys
meowsy

Can't fully help with answers, however in our research for Solar Panels, you are best also to find out from the energy providers how much you get back from them for any energy you put into the grid and how much you pay for electricity you then take from them. These prices have changed greatly over the last few years - eg, a friend of mine was getting 67c for energy into the grid, however if he changed providers he would now only get 22c. So you need to research this side of it also (don't take my figures here for gospel). The price in installing or purchasing solar panels is also coming down in price.
Also consider thinking about double glazed windows for energy efficiency - this obviously has a price tag attached.

Excellent! Thanks for that, it hadn't occurred to me to check with provider
So, reading neilrosh's comments in this and main PD thread, the energy rating came back and it was deemed that more insulation was required to bring it up to 6 star.
My question is, is this a common thing due to sisalation only on walls? Or do most energy reports pass the 6 star raing requirements?
Mumtomonkeys
So, reading neilrosh's comments in this and main PD thread, the energy rating came back and it was deemed that more insulation was required to bring it up to 6 star.
My question is, is this a common thing due to sisalation only on walls? Or do most energy reports pass the 6 star raing requirements?

This also happened to us during our contract appointment, but it was due to us changing some of the windows from half height to full height throughout the house. We were actually surprised at how inexpensive it was to upgrade from sisalation to 2.5 bats, and if we had known this prior to our contract appointment would have included this as an extra anyway.

In short, worth the money and an unexpected surprise in our case.
Excellent, thanks I'm lost. I wanted to include it but my SC says its expensive to do so, and that we're better off going with the solar promotion at 4k. Right, off to email her again and insist on quote for upgraded insulation
Mumtomonkeys
Excellent, thanks I'm lost. I wanted to include it but my SC says its expensive to do so, and that we're better off going with the solar promotion at 4k. Right, off to email her again and insist on quote for upgraded insulation

What is the solar promotion your talking about? I have not been made aware of this offer, and it is something that would probably be of interest to me.

Can you provide me with further details on this promotion?
Imlost
Don't have it in front of me, will confirm for you tomorrow, but from memory it's 1.5kw solar power system (6panels), a whirlybird and upgrade to R1.5 insulation to walls. Price is $3999
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

23/05/2024
insulation upgrades

Building A New House

Having just completed our first/only build and we spent so much money on insulation and double glazing upgrades - do not skimp on insulation including upgrade to anticon…

18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum