Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone else building in Glenmore Ridge?

Page 4 of 41
Deemaree
Jeremyheyes
essilou
Hi, I'm building my 1st home in Glenmore Ridge. Has anyone had a soil test completed yet? Ours come back as Highly Reactive Soil. I'm wanting to find out if anyone else building in the same area has had the same result. We're now getting H1 slab instead of M classification.

I have a friend living in Glenmore Ridge. He has been living there for last two years. He also had similar complains regarding soil. I think he changed the soil underneath.

Really? That would have been a lot of soil Jeremy-and would have resulted in compaction and fill and therefore another soil report.....what was the result-if you can remember...

I am lot 1007 - standard slab and no extra costs for slab upgrade.... but we upped the MPA in the slab to 32 as we are doing polished concrete floors...
We have a slab upgrade of $2500 and no extra site costs.

We do have to build a small retaining wall, but it will be minimal.

Drew - thanks for the info regarding the comply and development.

We have just gone through and decided all our colours for our appointment on Saturday. Hubby is away 4WDing with mates this weekend.
Hi all

We did our colour selections on Saturday which was a smooth process.

I got a call from the lady that will be handling our paperwork until construction and she rang to tell me that they lodged our development application with Stockland. I was quite surprised about how fast they got this together. I just hope the pack for Penrith Council will be as fast.

Does anyone know how long Stockland are taking? Is there a way of tracking?

How is everyone else going?

Edited.. our colour selections...

Our colour appointment was today, our choices....

External

Brick - Austral Symmetry Earth
Gutter/Fascia/Downpipe - Jasper
Garage Doors - Jasper
Cladding - Surfmist
Render - Evening Haze
Morter - Off white
Roof - Charcoal
Windows - Anodic off white

Internal

Walls - Taubmans Malamute
Timber Trims and Internal Doors - White Smoke Gloss

Kitchen

Caesarstone benches - White Shimmer
Doors Gloss White and Nocturine Oak Natural Finish

Bathrooms

Doors Nocturine Oak Natural Finish
Benches Caesarstone White Shimmer
Hi

We have already gone past stockland and it was pretty quick,
we have been in with penrith council now for a week, so just playing the waiting game,
colours look simular aswell, but i have Asphalt bricks and Boral Vogue Gunmetal roof tiles
Great to hear Stockland is not going too slow.

Did everyone receive the email about fencing? We are within the bushfire zone so we will need to have the colourbond fencing. Its good and bad, I like the look of new timber fencing but I like the fact that Colourbond lasts so much longer...

Woodland Grey is not a bad choice and everyone has to have the same.
Hi All, thought i would pop back in to this thread and see how everyone's progressing. We have pulled out of our original block for a few reasons and have now paid $750 to Eden Brae to have a tender put together on Lot 210 which is on hold with Eden Brae. We are looking at building the Foxley 27 cnr design with a few alterations. Our tender appointment is on the 1st September and as this block is already registered (unlike the last one) the process will hopefully be much quicker. Eden brae are going to use comply and development 10 day turnaround for approval and have promised us to start soon after this approval and not have to wait for the current date which they are quoting which is a Feb next year start. So as long as the tender comes back at a price within our budget it will be all systems go.

Glad to see you all progressing and hope you are all enjoying the process this far
Annette that is great news.. so does that mean that you will now be closer to us? Do you know what street you will be in. The Foxley is such a nice design! Keep us posted!!!!!
Lot927
Annette that is great news.. so does that mean that you will now be closer to us? Do you know what street you will be in. The Foxley is such a nice design! Keep us posted!!!!!

Yes Cass we will be closer to you. It's on Glenmore Ridge Drive. Right next door to someone elso who's on this site but i can't seem to find them. They are 209 and we are lot 210. I just hope that street won't be too busy a street as it links our area and the new area together. Will only be staying a year or so once built so shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Yes we liked the foxley on display at Gregory Hills but when we seen the alternative layout which gives us a huge walk in pantry (3.5mtrs long), bigger WIR in the main and also a WIR in bed 2 we were delighted. With a few changes, upgrades and extending the rear of the house all the way across it should be very suitable.

When i get 2 mins i will scroll back through the posts and find out who our lucky neighbours are going to be
Well that wasn't too hard to find......It's Essilou on Lot 211 (not 209 like i thought).

So a big Hello to you Essilou, we will be your lovely new neighbours lol. Me (Annette), hubby (Pete) our awesome boys Mitch (20) and Jake (17) oh and our 2 dogs a boxer tyson and my poodle Max. That's us....all nice and friendly and looking forward to building our new home.
Hi

Annette that is Ess and Tim, who I met on the Park Opening. How exciting you know your neighbours - lucky because Ess and Tim were really nice!!!!!

I still have not met anyone in my street yet.

Ess how are things going, have you submitted to Stockland?

We have our kitchen appointment next week... another tick in the box.
HELLO Annette & Pete!!! We are going to be neighbours YAY

It was a nice surprise reading your post! I was beginning to think we wouldn't find anyone on this blog that was building on our street. The foxley is a great home…..that was one of the homes we liked on our short list. I'm sure it will look great when everything is finished. You mentioned that you will only be there for a year or so though???? We look forward to meeting you all….what a shame we missed you at the opening of Jacaranda Park. We are nice and friendly too….just no kids or dogs YET!
We are currently renting in the 1st stage of Glenmore Park so we won't be moving very far like yourself.

We signed our contracts and sent them back today. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly with Stockland and CD approval. Our plans don't require Penrith council approval which means thinks will start to happen quicker than first thought. Our stretch of Glenmore Ridge Drive is all systems go at the moment. The home to the left of our block is looking great and Fowler homes are following quickly behind on block 209 & 208.

I'm so excited to be nearing the end of all the planning and can't wait for our construction to start. In regards to landscaping we chose grevilleas, gardenias, birds of paradise, cliveas, murraya hedging and a few cycads. Don't really know if all these plants go well together or will survive the north facing block of ours LOL but they are all plants that we love. Now all Tim and I need to do is find the green thumbs to make it happen LOL

Sounds like our lil' community is going to be filled with fantastic people……we can't wait to move in!

Esther & Tim

http://lot211glenmoreridge.blogspot.com
Hi all

I am uttlerly confused with council approval. It seems that many are avoiding council approval for plans? Can someone please explain to me in really simple terms what this means... our builder is telling us we need to go through stockland and council.

Ess - yes your street is the fastest moving in the suburb! The houses going up are looking really good! Have you done all your colour and tile selections yet?
Lot927
Hi all

I am uttlerly confused with council approval. It seems that many are avoiding council approval for plans? Can someone please explain to me in really simple terms what this means... our builder is telling us we need to go through stockland and council.

Ess - yes your street is the fastest moving in the suburb! The houses going up are looking really good! Have you done all your colour and tile selections yet?

Here is the low down Cass.....

1. Final plans and external colours need to be submitted to I-scope, which is Stocklands design area, to make sure that what you are building is in line with their guidelines and will fit in with all the other homes in the area. Mine was in and out in 2 days. Your builder submits the plans online and uploads all the files.

2. Stockland issue an approval letter to say that they have looked at your colours and plans and that they approve them. They give this to the Builder.

3. The builder then has 2 options to submit the plans for approval. They can submit to the Penrith Council OR they can submit to a private certifier. Either of the them has the authority to issue the approval to you. If they submit the plans to Penrith Council you can track the status online at http://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au/eplanning - Most builders submit it to council

4. When they submit the plans to council they can submit 2 ways. 1st is Complying Development and the 2nd is a Development Application

Complying development is approved within 10 days but your house must conform to strict guidleines i.e standard setbacks, open areas within code, low bushfire impact - up to BAL 19 etc.

If it doesnt meet the criteria for complying development then they have submit a normal development application which can take up to 6 weeks for an approval.

Once approval is issued the plans are stamped and sent back to the builder. The builder requests the CC (construction certificate).

The builder then has to give a letter to council to give them 2 days notice prior to commencing construction...

Clear as MUD??
Hi all,
we pasted C and D!! colours done......... and now to the boring stuff, waiting for it to get started and finished.
I am hoping for some clear weather over the next 2 weeks so we can break soil.
RE: Glenmore Ridge Community Event - Jazz in the Park

Hi Everyone,

Stockland is hosting a community event on Sunday 25th of September from 1 – 3pm in the recently opened Jacaranda Park.

There will be plenty of fun and entertainment organised on the day including Pizza making (and eating!) so we hope you can come and join us!

Each lot will also receive a picnic rug on arrival.

Bring a picnic, chairs, friends & family and enjoy free food and drink and kids entertainment.

We will also be giving residents a Development Update at 12:30pm.

If residents can ‘check in’ on arrival to receive their name tags and picnic rugs (and a good viewing spot for the band) this will be much appreciated.

Please RSVP to myself by Friday 17th September by email at mikhail.mohl@stockland.com.au

Thanks

Misha Mohl | Customer Relations Coordinator
Stockland | NSW Residential Development
Stockland, Level 25, 133 Castlereagh Street, Sydney NSW 2000
T +61 2 9035 3050 M 0422 371 575
www.stockland.com.au
Drew.. thanks heaps that is really clear now - thanks for explaining it to me. I am pretty good on understanding all the technical bits of building but this one had me confused.... now I can try and get Wisdom to look at the 10 day turn around one!

We will go to the Jazz in the park, the weather should be perfect by the end of September.

Its a weekend of birthdays this weekend my little one turns 4 this weekend but hope to do a bit of a drive by on Monday.
Well we definitely cannot do comply and develop, it states on our 149 we cannot do it because of bushfire zoning and some special environmental inclusion on our land... who knows what that is, unless it includes the weedy grass or the two council trees.. so off t council we go...

Stockland approved our development today. We are looking at 5 weeks in council due to being a double storey... so I don't think we will see any dirt turning until the end of Oct.
Hi everyone. We are very (VERY!) close to buying H&L package from McDonald Jones. Havana one with Balinese Resort package. We've been over and over whether to reno our current house (also G.Park), move to the Sutherland Shire (where I'm from) or buy a package in the Ridge. Have finally found the right package from McDonald Jones (quite literally, the only thing hubby and I have agreed on in the past few weeks).

So...am looking fwd to being neighbours with you all!!! Has anyone had any experience with MJH? Is there anything we should know before handing over our deposit?

It's just me (Georgie) and hubby (Rob), 4 stepkids (who are never here anyway, they are teenagers and have lives!) and our two gorgeous lick-you-to-death staffies.

We are looking at lot 801 which is a corner block on Tall Trees Dr and Sunset Terrace. Decent block (for Ridge standards) and will give us lots of room to extend our Grande Alfresco (I just like saying that!) area.

Now I just hope that Rob will agree to sign on the dotted line so I can have my dream home! Hope to meet you all at Jacaranda Park on 25 Sept! We are great neighbours (and I'm not just saying that!)
Welcome Georgie girl. We are on foothills terrace. The bush corridor end of the street. We hope you get your dream home and I look forward to hearing about your exciting build.

We had our kitchen appointment. We have kept it simple in the end. Some of the features we just too pricey. Still debating if it's worth $1600 for waterfall ends. So far we have spent an extra 2k we could have spent nearly 7k if we were willing.

The costs have to stop somewhere. We have electrical tomorrow.
Hi there Georgie! We are building the Havana One (Metro A facade) with MJH on Glenmore Ridge Drive Lot 211. How great is the design…..we've had such a wonderful experience with MJH so far. The entire team are so professional and friendly. Have you been to the newly opened Havana @ Jordan Springs? It's beautiful.. I actually wish we could of seen it before we chose all our colours…..too late! We've signed our contracts and received approval from Stockland last Friday YAY
We're approx. 5 weeks away from commencing construction of our dream home!!!! We're hoping to go to the community event on 25 Sept so hopefully we'll meet u and the rest of our neighbours there.

Esther & Tim
http://lot211glenmoreridge.blogspot.com/
Related
24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum