Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building a Fernleigh

Page 4 of 6
Tilers have finished!!! And here's how it looks...

guest room ensuite

main bed ensuite (still needs floor re-grouting white)

main bathroom (took a while to get room this right but finally v happy)

main bathroom feature tiles

bed 2's ensuite

kitchen (yet to be grouted)

hallway (yet to be grouted)

tv room (yet to be grouted) and out to alfresco (already grouted) and so happy that the alfresco & pool coping colours match perfectly, not that you can see it in this shot (but finally something right

and last but not least, the broken benchtop
OH WOWSER, it looks absolutely stunning!! I love the shiny tiles, and the bathrooms are awesome! Pretty big chunk out the bench - wonder how that happened?
Wow looks great - Love the tiling, so pretty!
Looking great !!!
Thanks everyone ... more good news, our pool tiler is on site tiling the pool waterline - it's all slowly coming together Yay!
Beautiful!

We had to laugh though (DH&I) our SS assured us that they never tile first then install mirrors... (we didn't get them to install our mirrors as we wanted to ensure that all parts of the wall were tiled)... but looks like they do!

Love your tile selections! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks C... funny you say that actually cos our SS said they'd tile 3 sides of the mirror and come back once it was installed to tile the top to ensure it was an accurate fit, but low and behold when we arrived the tilers had done all 4 sides ... by that stage I was just glad they were finished
landlords given us notice... yikes.. 14th March is D-Day - I'd better warn the SS we're coming to stay at his place if our house isn't finished
That is not to good topdeck
The cleaning teams was in today cleaning the whole house...good but things are not complete yet....
MrsRose
Beautiful!

We had to laugh though (DH&I) our SS assured us that they never tile first then install mirrors... (we didn't get them to install our mirrors as we wanted to ensure that all parts of the wall were tiled)... but looks like they do!

Love your tile selections! Thanks for sharing!

Interesting C - ours are tiled to the ceiling and there is no space for the mirror - they put it on top of the tiles. I wonder why different ?
yay
great work on the tiling. And I am sure your SS would love you to come and stay
Where are all the tradespeople???
We'd be lucky if 1/2 a days work had been done this week... still no one on site... does anyone know where the tradies have gone?... maybe to Brisbane for flood clean up penalty rates????
If the trades people are asians...it is chinese new year starting from the 3rd Feb
You're absolutely right - it was Chinese New Year... seems fair enough seeing as they worked 1st January all day... good news is they were back yesterday and knocked over most of the rest of the painting!! Any word on walk through/PCI for you yet Vincy - any day now I'm guessing?
Hey TD, any progress today? Do you know what is lined up for this week?
painters are v nearly finished, electrics are all done (makes a huge diff - it suddenly looks so much more "finished") power pole was s'posed to go in today i think (but maybe tomorrow??), final drainage went in today, we need another coat of external paint... then thurs/fri/sat we have the epoxy grouter booked - but apparently that's only done after the total clean so i'm not sure how that'll pan out... then more cleaning, new benchtop etc, and finally carpets booked for Fri 18th (need that fingers crossed smilie again) at least that's the plan.... and the pool was lined today and apparently will get filled tomorrow (just in time for a frosty cold swim in the rain LOL)
Hi TD,

You may want to confirm the location of the property pole - I know that both Beebob and our builds had issues with the location chosen by the installer (whatever was easiest for them rather than best location ie in the corner of the boundary).

Cheers
C
Thanks C - I've been worrying about that - will have to try to scoot past this morning before its too late
Hey TD, we have been given the 22nd as walk through and handover - its going to be a crazy 2 weeks, but I think we will get there.. How about you , any dates as yet?
Related
15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

3/08/2023
Talking to tradies without entering the building site

Building A New House

Elvis has left the building... The site supervisor quit after 2 month on the project. I guess he was just instructed to bark at people, but didn't like when he was…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum