Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

One Porter Davis Frustration After Another....

Page 4 of 4
have you had issues with flyscreens not being provided on sliding doors? our contract says flyscreens throughout - which i would iinclude the sliding doors are being part of this
[quote="fingers crossed"]have you had issues with flyscreens not being provided on sliding doors? our contract says flyscreens throughout - which i would iinclude the sliding doors are being part of this[/quote]

Yes! I know this answer!

The fly screens are to the windows only
We asked the sales rep to add door screens too. She said we shouldn't bother with the ones provided by pd as they were only nylon ( or whatever) and too expensive.
I admire her honesty!
r
So we will get security ones after handover!

Hope this helps
Pos
thanks for that
fingers crossed
thanks for that

FC, check out this link for screening option for the bifolds.
http://www.canterburywindows.com.au/WindowsDoorsProducts/TimberDoors/BifoldTimberDoors/ScreenedBifoldTimberDoors.aspx

i was looking for something for our bifolds so that we could keep them open but not let the bugs in and also to keep our four legged friends outside when we want them to stay outside

This thread has made me realise that this is something i am going to have to look at after handover too.

M
vanderlay
Ta. We felt that they did have a good reputation too, was one of the reasons we decided to build with them.

Wording this very carefully........

Unfortunately, we feel that we have perhaps had not as good an experience as most. It is our opinion that not much pride or care was taken in the construction of our house by most of the trades or by our supervisor. It seemed that had we not had an independant inspection, PD were prepared to present us with an extremley poorly finished home, some of the issues are now improved, others are still somewhat poor in our opinion. Having the problems listed above in a brand new house also would seem to point to a lack of any checking/quality control in our home.

**(If any mods have a problem with that paragraph above, let me know!)**

Wow, I guess some thing never change! I've not said much about our build for fear of getting into trouble but to say it is, in many aspects, the worst I have ever seen would not be an exaggeration. I'm so disappointed with this whole experience and I will never ever ever be recommending PD to anyone ever!
fingers crossed
kwhy
Hi
I fully understand your frustration. We've built with PD and i won't recommend them to any one. We've gone moved in June and there are still things that have not been fixed. Our water tank is finally getting installed this week !
Any body know someone at PD who i can ring other than CS or supervisor

Kwhy

try calling and asking for a manager or a regional manager should help

It might be a bit late, fingers crossed.......... the question was posted 3 1/2 years ago!

You gave me a laugh whilst being up with a sick child at this ridiculous hour, so thanks.
Jewelbaby
vanderlay
Ta. We felt that they did have a good reputation too, was one of the reasons we decided to build with them.

Wording this very carefully........

Unfortunately, we feel that we have perhaps had not as good an experience as most. It is our opinion that not much pride or care was taken in the construction of our house by most of the trades or by our supervisor. It seemed that had we not had an independant inspection, PD were prepared to present us with an extremley poorly finished home, some of the issues are now improved, others are still somewhat poor in our opinion. Having the problems listed above in a brand new house also would seem to point to a lack of any checking/quality control in our home.

**(If any mods have a problem with that paragraph above, let me know!)**

Wow, I guess some thing never change! I've not said much about our build for fear of getting into trouble but to say it is, in many aspects, the worst I have ever seen would not be an exaggeration. I'm so disappointed with this whole experience and I will never ever ever be recommending PD to anyone ever!

Hi Jewelbaby,

It is truly disappointing to hear that you have experienced such difficulties throughout your build. Have you given your feedback back to your CSA at the office? They really need to know about your troubles. Please feel free to send me a private message with your full name, lot address and phone number so I can try to help too. Thanks, Jess.
Thanks Jess, but the person you put us in contact with last time we complained has been quite as useless. In fact, it is now our practice to contact our CSC, SS and that person in writing via email and none of them have bothered to responded to our last email (almost two weeks ago) and our SS isn't answering our calls or returning our messages. I'm now working on the assumption that we are not moving in last Thursday, as we were told, considering it is now Tuesday of the following week. Fun times.
Jewelbaby
Thanks Jess, but the person you put us in contact with last time we complained has been quite as useless. In fact, it is now our practice to contact our CSC, SS and that person in writing via email and none of them have bothered to responded to our last email (almost two weeks ago) and our SS isn't answering our calls or returning our messages. I'm now working on the assumption that we are not moving in last Thursday, as we were told, considering it is now Tuesday of the following week. Fun times.

I would make a visit to HQ
Jewelbaby

Hi Jewelbaby,
I am sorry to hear you are having difficulties communicating with your CSC and SS. I understand your frustration and want to help you resolve this. Are you able to please send me a private message and confirm that the previous contact details are still correct? And I will do whatever it takes to assist you. Regards Jess
We asked the sales rep to add door screens too. Hope this helps
Pos[/quote]

Hi Pos
in our promo which may be different to yours, our flyscreens on the sliding doors were part of the "flyscreens throughout"

Just as a heads up
Fingers crossed
fingers crossed
We asked the sales rep to add door screens too. Hope this helps
Pos

Hi Pos
in our promo which may be different to yours, our flyscreens on the sliding doors were part of the "flyscreens throughout"

Just as a heads up
Fingers crossed[/quote]

FC,

You took the complete promo yes? IF so, i'm going to have to chase this one up...

M
And the funny thing is that they forgot to add the flyscreens to the windows lol! All fixed now thank goodness, I noticed they were missing during pci, they were installed last week.

But, it just goes to show how you need to carefully scrutinize the contract if there are such small differences between the promotions...Ours was the living in style promo. No wonder the mistakes happen where things are forgotten or omitted!
we had the Ultimate promo - and we have had them installed on all of the sliding doors... does it say windows only???
fingers crossed
we had the Ultimate promo - and we have had them installed on all of the sliding doors... does it say windows only???

Living in style promo specified "flyscreens to windows" no mention of doors.

But honestly, I am happier to get the security screens anyway..
We signed up sept 10 & in our promo it says flyscreens only to openable windows.
From memory we asked for flyscreen doorsvto rumpus sliding & balcony sliding door & it ridiculously cost us 700!
Related
5/12/2023
Frustration during Construction Phase

Building A New House

sorry wrong thread - deleted my post

24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum