Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

SHANS BUILD we have KEYS!!!!

Page 4 of 10
Thats a HUGE mistake. Thank your lucky stars it is getting fixed now, and not having to settle for less. You'll have a roof by xmas. Dont worry you dont want lock up - I'm at lockup and now paying 80% of the mortgage for a house I cant live in! You'll be in April.
Place is looking great Sharky !
Drove past yesterday and noticed the tiles on your roof hopefully they can chase all the power and water before they knock off for chrissy.
Thanks Matt
But that's not my house lol!!
Mines the one with roof structure still. We are having colorbond. It's been delivered and hopefully going up next week.
We have had electrical and plumbing done now too
. Not sure how long till we will see any action after Xmas
So busy throughout there now.
yay we have a roof structure
after the delay in bricking. they forgot to raise the ceilings! we finally have had a roof commenced. our took yes this is no lie 7working days to construct (a 3 bed house)

Recieved an email from my CRO to let me know tin going on next week and render after xmas. went out there wednesday (15th) and the colourbond had been delivered.
went back on friday to james and i could check all the electrical fit was done as per plans and were estatic to see a roof!!!!
even better when we got closer and had a look inside they had started to do all the render (is it called the float?). so we are really hoping they will be back tomorrow to continue the job.
to date our build has been exceptionally slow so we are hoping they can pick up the pace after chrissy!!

p.s. merry christmas to all! have a safe one

my conputer is being a pain so ill add the others tomorrow
Hey Sharky,
Hahaha yeah i knew that i was looking at your neighbours house

I discovered my mistake yesterday when i actually walked past it and had a better look
than a fleeting glance as i drove past. timing was great with the lid on now should stop most of the rain though cant
complain about rain especially in summer. The established parts of the estate are looking really good at the moment
been going out for walks with the dog every arvo, cant wait untill they have finished all the parks should look amazing.
Good luck with the rest of the build
Wow, that looks great!
very happy with how things have progressed in the last week or so.
we have had prewire on our alarm (if anyone wants an alarm system let me know as a family member owns a security company)
and the float has begun...so so happy to see this progress!

the garage

the roof from the rear of the block

the 2nd bathroom

the laundry

the second bathroom

cant wipe the smile off my face!!

does anyone know of anyone that does chippy work. i want to get cupboards put above the laundry bench (in stringy bark)?
this is the kitchen area. the kitchen goes along the side wall with an island bench

this is the open living lounge and dining area

and again looking from the backyard up to the kitchen

we are soooo glad we forked out and raised the ceilings. our aim for this house is to have small but classy to maximise longterm profit. and by not having theatre (as much as id love one) we have a bigger yard for our golden retriever 'bailey'
thanks for the kind words matt and shonty. i just love going out to newhaven and i cant wait to call it home. went to CYO for a beer to celebrate the progress on sunday...there was some interesting sorts there hehe. also stoked cos they are putting in a tavern down on ranford road so hopefully will be lots of places to go that are close.

hope santa visits you all
sharky you should have let me know you were at CYO on Sunday - I would have come joined you for a beer if I was at home when you were there

Will have to make sure I have a looksie when I go for a walk this arvo and see if you have any more float on
bummer hey. it was an impromptu drink.
do have a look through!
hows you home coming along. have you done your gardens yet?
No gardens yet

Am still savings $$$ for the pavers I want. Am hoping after the next 2 paychecks including all my penalty rates for xmas and nyd I will have enough to buy them. Once they are down I'll get cracking onto the actual plant part haha.

Inside is coming along slowly, but so far I am happy. Just a time and money thing to getting it all finished.

Sent u a pm btw!
the living area render complete

not really sure whatshappening here. there is supposed to be a power point inside the garage not there...im sure it will get sorted though lol

my lovely frontage!!! looking better and better everyday

im guessing nothing will happen now due to christmas and new years but hopefully it wont be too long before they are back to work
was wondering if anyone that build over that previous xmas/new year period cn give me an idea as to how long the bulders have off?

im really desperatley hoping they will be back at work on tuesday, but that will only be a week and a half off.
we are due to be having our plaster and ceilings done
There's a (gorgeous
) house being built a few doors away, and there were guys working on Boxing day or the day after ... it wouldn't surprise me if someone comes there tomorrow too. The fact that the builder's company closes down definitely does not mean that traders won't be turning up. Our traders quite often changed and adjusted SS's schedules.
Yeh, I think it really depends on if the tradies want to work or not. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the builder SS took an extra week, so back on the 10th. The weather being so hot, it might cool down a lil this week, but if it continues, would you want to be working on a house...
Shan as it's been said it depends on the tradies mostly.

Fingers crossed they feel like starting again tomorrow.

I'm suprised the office didn't send u a notice about how long they would be closed for tho (RedInk sent me a chrissy card with their closing dates, despite the fact its been over a year since I got my keys haha).

I'll keep an eye out to see if anythings been done for u over next couple of days
You are a super star Kt
I just don't want to drive out if nothings happening anyway
I'd be really grateful
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

14/03/2024
Contract Works Insurance - Why your builder should have it

Building A New House

Hi All, I just wanted to close this topic out with an update. So we ended up agreeing to a number with the insurance company, and after an extensive amount of hand…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum