Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Ultimate Homes in Perth - Handover done.

Page 4 of 18
looking good! you are very lucky to have hard working brickies
They are great but now that we have rooms with walls, I get the same feeling - rooms seem to be much smaller than the plan dimensions!
I'm hanging for the plaster to go on so my house feels slightly bigger again. you should see my rooms in person if you think yours look small
It will look bigger when the plaster is up-dark walls have that effect. Thats why white is the most common ceiling colour-it gives the illusion of space.
Bring on the plaster...oh wait, bricks need to be finished first. Not sure why but the brickies had a "rest" yesterday. They are there again today so need to wait until the finish to inspect today's progress.
jpeg
I'm hanging for the plaster to go on so my house feels slightly bigger again. you should see my rooms in person if you think yours look small

I must admit, your house felt like a bit of a cave when I snuck in a few weeks back!
The dark walls make things feel tiny!
Hopefully it won't be too much longer before the brickies are finished Dragon!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that we get some fine weather!!
We have power! YAY!!! Or should I say finally...no I am happy that we have got power and also a temporary power box.

Brickies are there again today and they should be almost finished with the external bricking. But yesterday one side and the back wall is done. We also got some more bricks so looks like they under-estimated how much they would need.

Wow looking fantastic! I am so jealous
That is looking fantastic!
lynnebin1968
:z:
Wow looking fantastic! I am so jealous

Ditto!!! Love the look of your bricks
looks great dragon!. love the high walls! i really wish i opted to raise the ceilings
How high are your ceilings Jpeg?
I would have loved to have had raised ceilings. Unfortunately it as a tad pricey for me!!
I think the house came standard with 31c ceilings in the living areas but 28c in the bedrooms. We increased them to 31c throughout as we wanted ceiling fans installed later when we could afford them (we like having fans on at night during the hot weather rather than the air con). I think 28c would have been too low to have ceiling fans?
More bricking completed today and also they started to clean up (no bricks left in the bath!!).
More photos of the bricking

T-bar above roller door was lifted today - must have been done manually!!!

Rear T-bar lifted and bricked up.

Bedroom corridor (without the home theatre and family wall up yet)

Kitchen window and pantry
agreed ceiling fans would cause a problem for people who are a little taller than the norm.

look at those walls!
One of my brothers is about 6'7" and the other one is about 6'4". Mum loves them caused they can paint the ceilings and change lightglobes (and the always-important "turn off the smoke alarm") without using a chair.
Haha I am the one with a tea towel waving it furiously trying to clear the burning food smoke from the alarm.
I'm the one that does one jump to whack the top off and another jump to whack the battery out. That, or trip over the dogs, who think it's a fantastic game to muck around on the exact spot I want to put the chair!
looking good and yea nice high ceilings
Related
20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

25/12/2023
Foil wrap not done before brickwork

General Discussion

I am in the same situation, would you be able to give some insights in to this? I am in SA

1/09/2023
Things can be done after construction.

Building A New House

Depends what you're current inclusions are, but we're not including wardrobes and will just use second hand ones until we can save later on to get them built. Also have a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum