Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

LYNDARUM/AURORA/SUMMERHILL ESTATES: Epping, Victoria

Page 4 of 224
Thanks BZAurora...it's good to know that property prices are increasing (in terms of increasing our investment value).

Did anyone else go to the Wildlife day on Saturday? We went on the frog mini bus tour - to see the first wetland development for the local growling grassfrog population. The buses took us to an area off the inaccessible end of Harvest Home Road and it gave me an inkling of just how massive Aurora estate is going to be. They want this pond to be set up and left untouched for 2 years to enable the frog population to settle and thrive there before any construction takes place around it (so this was west bound towards the freeway).

I just wish some shops would be built around here - little hint to anyone moving in soon - stock up on UHT milk and freeze some bread!
oztish
Thanks BZAurora...it's good to know that property prices are increasing (in terms of increasing our investment value).

Did anyone else go to the Wildlife day on Saturday? We went on the frog mini bus tour - to see the first wetland development for the local growling grassfrog population. The buses took us to an area off the inaccessible end of Harvest Home Road and it gave me an inkling of just how massive Aurora estate is going to be. They want this pond to be set up and left untouched for 2 years to enable the frog population to settle and thrive there before any construction takes place around it (so this was west bound towards the freeway).

I just wish some shops would be built around here - little hint to anyone moving in soon - stock up on UHT milk and freeze some bread!

Yeh those who have purchased in the earlier stages would have paid less. Its always going to be this way though at any development. The more houses and infrastructure there is, the higher the prices will go. Oztish, so you might just have to put up with not having shops for a little while longer
At least you know you got a bargain so its not all bad. On a sidenote does anyone know how many stages there will be in total at Aurora? Its a HUGE development and i am guessing 50 stages!

My wife and i wanted to go to the widlife day but Taegen was off on Friday and we could not make a reservation! We were busy in the end anyway but would have loved to see it because i think its fantastic! The projects are great and we just feel good to be a part of this development and i think anyone building at Aurora should realise by choosing to build there, we collectively are making an enormous contribution to environmental sustainability! That definitely was the main attraction building at Aurora and not any other estates. Whats everyone's reason for building at Aurora and not at Lyndarum or any other estates i wonder?
they are selling stage 15 now...few lots left in stage 14...based on the map they showed me, perhaps stage 16 is the last...but who knows?!

guys, can i quickly check with any of you, can we get thebuilders to add blinds/ curtains for us? will that be cheaper? i have been living in unit, thus the numbers of windows or sliding doors, is really "too much" for me to digest at this stage, i am on a little tight budget.

thanks
tort
Hi,
I am new in this forum. I am going to build a house in Aurora stage 13 with the timeless homes. Is anyone built house with timeless homes or anyone know how are they? i am little scare because this is the first time i heared about this builder.

Anybody know when stage 13 is going to be titled?

SAHA
tort - i guess the best thing to do is ask your builder how much they charge and shop around yourself and compare the prices.
Thats what we are going to do as well, and because curtains and blinds are not too urgent an item, we might even take our time with it and shop around as much as we can. I also doubt that stage 16 is the last stage at Aurora, did you see the Masterplan? Its HUGE!! Unless my eyes have been playing tricks with me, i think there's still some way to go yet.

Saha - I havn't heard of Timeless homes as i am also a first home buyer, but they look like a good builder. Why not try Googling it?
Stage 13 should title around December 09' (Crossing my fingers and toes)
Thanks for the update. Yes they are not a very big builder but they build in Aurora. But is there anyone who have built with this builder or some experience with them?

Thanks,
SAHA
oztish
Ozep - I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about re your Cat6 stuff, but we have had 3 separate "arguments" with VicUrban and have won every one of them. If you feel you are being treated unfairly or something is going against your Contract - just keep arguing your case with them.

I feel that Sonya is a very efficient and fair person - I have been very impressed with her.

As to who you can take your complaints to, there was a meeting a few weeks ago to form the Aurora local community group. I couldn't make it, but I know that Taegan Hannah was the VicUrban representative present that night - perhaps contact her? taegen.hannah@vicurban.vic.gov.au or 8317 3568. I do however think she's in charge of community activities as opposed to building issues. I think Sonya Rezo is the main person for that and it sounds like you already have her details.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Hi
Thanks for your info CAT 6 Cable is use to connect PC or Phone line that is internet connection or we can use that phone line
thanks BZaurora!
yes we are doing that at the moment...went ikea and bla bla bla...shutters, do you think they r better than blinds?
anyway, hope everyone here is good and feel happy for their properties...

tort
morning everyone!

apologise for my heaps of questions...i am currently living in sydney and as some of u knew, but bought property in aurora melbourne.....so, can i know how important to inspect your contruction site often? is this really necessary? how does burbank fare in terms of construction w/o inspect

cheers
tort
tortoise
morning everyone!

apologise for my heaps of questions...i am currently living in sydney and as some of u knew, but bought property in aurora melbourne.....so, can i know how important to inspect your contruction site often? is this really necessary? how does burbank fare in terms of construction w/o inspect

cheers
tort

Wow, tort, all i can say is be here when your house is getting built. I personally would inspect every 2nd day or everyday if possible! I have read too many horror stories to let ******* trademen work slip through the gaps. I will also be hiring a private building inspector to inspect during pre-plater stage and just be fore handover. If you want to find out more do a search on this forum and you will learn heaps.
Aurora is a 20 year development that will eventually extend to Craigieburn Road in the north and the Hume Fwy in the West. It will have 8,000 lots.

BZ - you only had to RSVP for the frog bus tour thing (which was a total waste of time in my opinion - all we got to see was a pond where the frogs will live in the future). You didn't have to RSVP for the wildlife show - you could have just turned up. They had guys showing crocodiles, snakes, possums etc. so next time they put on something, just turn up - they usually have fun things for the kids like face painting, a bouncy castle etc.
Hi
We have just bought an existing house out at Aurora, and we move in next week. I have just been informed by Optus that they cannot provide telephone of broadband at Aurora. I have contacted Aurora and they have told me the only company that does supply these services out there is 'Arise'. A question for anybody who lives out there already, how is their service, as their prices seem expensive compared to other companies. Is there any alternatives to Arise for phone and Broadband Supply. I just feel a bit * that for all the Hype VicUrban make out about the Fibre optic cable, they fail to mention its is a monopoly situation and you doesn have
thanks!

guess i need to get an private inspector ...

stay cool guys!

tort
Quote:
have just been informed by Optus that they cannot provide telephone of broadband at Aurora. I have contacted Aurora and they have told me the only company that does supply these services out there is 'Arise'. A question for anybody who lives out there already, how is their service, as their prices seem expensive compared to other companies. Is there any alternatives to Arise for phone and Broadband Supply. I just feel a bit * that for all the Hype VicUrban make out about the Fibre optic cable, they fail to mention its is a monopoly situation and you doesn have

Tictac - That is correct, the only phone company in Aurora is Arise. You cannot go with Telstra, Optus or any other provider for home phone or internet.
oztish
Quote:
have just been informed by Optus that they cannot provide telephone of broadband at Aurora. I have contacted Aurora and they have told me the only company that does supply these services out there is 'Arise'. A question for anybody who lives out there already, how is their service, as their prices seem expensive compared to other companies. Is there any alternatives to Arise for phone and Broadband Supply. I just feel a bit * that for all the Hype VicUrban make out about the Fibre optic cable, they fail to mention its is a monopoly situation and you doesn have

Tictac - That is correct, the only phone company in Aurora is Arise. You cannot go with Telstra, Optus or any other provider for home phone or internet.

Their prices are expensive, in my opinion, but their service is second to none. The actual phone system is a bit *******. We have not had one problem at all with our internet - it has never been "down". But our phone system has had lots of problems - echoing on the line, calling people and them not being able to hear us and having to call back, people's voices dropping out during a phone call - things like that, BUT when you phone them to complain, they do everything in their power to fix it. They phone you back to check how it's going - they have even come to our house to help us with the Foxtel installation. I have never experienced such excellent customer service in all my life. Honestly, it's the best I've ever come across. But then again, you do expect your home phone to be working and that is very frustrating all the problems we have had. Hopefully they sort through these teething problems soon.

NOTE: IF ANYONE MOVING INTO AURORA WANTS TO GET FOXTEL, BE WARNED BECAUSE NOBODY AT FOXTEL SEEMS TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT FIBRE TO THE HOME FOXTEL. At Aurora estate, VicUrban have their own satellite dish which receives Foxtel by satellite - then the transmission is somehow converted to Fibre optic and sent to our homes - so don't get Foxtel installed by satellite, OR by cable (which seem to be the only two options the Foxtel people on the phones know about). We had two installation teams come to our house to install a satellite dish and we sent both away. In the end, the Arise people found this guy who does all the fibre to the home Foxtel installations for the estate in Doreen with FTTH and he came to my house. So, if you're getting Foxtel - it is NOT a satellite dish and it is not cable Foxtel. And I highly recommend getting Arise's advice before having it installed. Hope this helps.
Thank you very much, that was exactly the information i was looking for, i suppose its not bad if you pay a bit more, but have the customer support to back it up, and i also want to thank you for the heads up about foxtel, as that is my next purchase after i get the boxes unpacked. I was out there yesterday having the final viewing of the house before the big move on friday, the sun was shining and the place looked wonderful, i cant wait to get there now. Thanks again for your help.
hi guys,

just wondering what is the fencing material/s use between houses in aurora make of? are they standardise or based on which builder you are with?

am with burbank.

thanks for your advise in advance.

cheers,

tort
Hi All
I think VOIP reduces phone bill. am using VOIP. am using http://www.pennytel.com. they charge 8cents per call and mobile they charge 10.5cents/min no monthly rental. apparently does any been to stage 9 site. its pretty sad I have noticed some guys have broken window glasses in all newly constructed houses (around 5 to 6 house in same line). am afraid how this area is going to be.
Ozep - haven't noticed any broken windows, but then when I do my walks around the neighbourhood, I tend to stick to the established areas - I like checking out people's gardens.

I think Aurora's new development is vulnerable as it's out there with nothing at all surrounding it so young idiot hoons can do what they like and nobody will hear/see, or even if they do see /hear - these days everyone's so scared to get involved for fear of reprisal.
Don't be too scared living here...most of the people around seem really lovely. Except for one of my neighbours, who plays doof doof music loudly almost every Friday/saturday night and whose mates did burnouts up and down my street last Friday.

I think once you get large numbers of people moving in, the vandalism will cease - I think that sounds like bored, young, stupid idiots.

Tortoise - Our fence was installed by our builder.
Tictac - In regards to Foxtel, you need to tell them that "we're in a specialized TDT fibre site managed by VicUrban". If you're not getting any joy from Foxtel themselves (I didn't), phone Arise (the phone company), and see if they can assist you.
Related
6/02/2024
Property Boundaries in New Estates

General Discussion

The setback from the kerb is 4m. It is council land to provide an area for services like sewer main, gas mains, water mains, underground power or poles for overhead power,…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

3/09/2023
Can you build on both side fence boundaries (Victoria)?

General Discussion

Hey everyone Not for me or anyone I know, just generally interested. For a single allotment house, are you allowed to take the fence on both sides of your house and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum