Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building at George's Fair, Moorebank?

Page 294 of 306
Hi All,
We need an electrician to help with lights and water feature for front garden. Really struggling to find anyone who wants the job. Anyone got any good recommendations?? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks all
kesrob
Hi All,
We need an electrician to help with lights and water feature for front garden. Really struggling to find anyone who wants the job. Anyone got any good recommendations?? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks all

Try Ray(electrician) +61 420 649 824,he is good,he has done my downlights and intercomp,
Hey guys, I'm chasing a tiler for external work.. anyone have someone they can suggest?
Uniquesyd-gf
kesrob
Hi All,

Try Ray(electrician) +61 420 649 824,he is good,he has done my downlights and intercomp,

Thanks heaps Uniquesyd-gf. Much appreciated!!
Anyone got affected by the bush/grass fire today?
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslo ... 7082286650
Hi

I am presently looking at installing a 3KW solar panel system and have quotes from Captain Green and Euro Solar. Anybody used these two companies in Georges Fair?
Hi guys, we've got an email from localgroup.com.au with 'Construction Certificate approval'.

But from the revision PDF included, it didn't seems to be updated (e.g. on electricity page it doesn't mentioned about the LED downlight that we've added)

Is this normal? What is this 'Construction Certificate approval' anyway?

Thanks
Construction certificate is the approval to commence construction
Hi All

We just put a deposit on a land in Georges Fair Aurora Release.
Hopefully the registration will be on december.
In the mean time we are looking for builders, so we can start as soon as we get the land.
Excited to join the Georges Fair community.
we have short listed three builder and they are RAWSON, EDEN BRAE & WISDOM.
Can anyone suggest me which one will be good to proceed?
This is the first time we are building a new home.
Please help me with you advices.

Thanks
Hasan
Just minor update, now our design is with Constructions!

Cant wait until we can see some actual building on the land!
No worries glad I can help,did you end up using him?how did it go?
kesrob
Uniquesyd-gf
kesrob
Hi All,

Thanks heaps Uniquesyd-gf. Much appreciated!!
Anyone know good plumber with good price?need plumber to do drain in my landscape/backyard.cheers
My friend is a good plumber and will do a good price, just tell him you got his number from his friend Wayne in georges fair. Nathan.
0450 237 286
Hi
can anyone recommend a concreter?

Also re: previous discussion on corner block fences - we are on a corner block and were advised 6ft timber lap and cap only by Investa. As they are the 3rd mob to oversee GF perhaps the requirements of brick and timber is an old requirement? At any rate once the last block is sold off they will clear out and no rules will apply anymore. The GF rules and requirements are only for 5 years - a classic example is we are not allowed to have a large satellite dish and yet I note on many of the older original GF houses great big dishes everywhere and I think that plus additions such as carports etc will all make an appearance in due course...

I do agree with that timber fence facing Maddecks just after the roundabout looks absolutely dreadful!
bern_c
Hi

Also re: previous discussion on corner block fences - we are on a corner block and were advised 6ft timber lap and cap only by Investa. As they are the 3rd mob to oversee GF perhaps the requirements of brick and timber is an old requirement? At any rate once the last block is sold off they will clear out and no rules will apply anymore. The GF rules and requirements are only for 5 years - a classic example is we are not allowed to have a large satellite dish and yet I note on many of the older original GF houses great big dishes everywhere and I think that plus additions such as carports etc will all make an appearance in due course...

I do agree with that timber fence facing Maddecks just after the roundabout looks absolutely dreadful!

Agree there bern_c. In the Building guideline it says you have to have a "big" tree (tree taller than 1.5m) in your front yard. I havent seen any house with that in GF.
bern_c
Hi

I hope you are wrong.
If you drive around the estate the attractiveness is the consistency of the buildings and their finishes. If a hap hazard, devil may care approach is allowed then we will look like any other suburb and the beauty of the estate will be diminished. You can see some small spots starting where people are not maintaining their properties by not mowing or edging their lawn.
denot
bern_c
Hi

Agree there bern_c. In the Building guideline it says you have to have a "big" tree (tree taller than 1.5m) in your front yard. I havent seen any house with that in GF.

I have or will have 4. They just haven't matured yet. Think about it, the most sought after suburbs in Sydney that are not on the water are described as leafy or tree lined. Your choice.
Anyone know what happend with the golf course?are they moving?seems mirvac bought the land and would have project like mornington estate(holsworthy)
BillMac
I have or will have 4. They just haven't matured yet. Think about it, the most sought after suburbs in Sydney that are not on the water are described as leafy or tree lined. Your choice.

Well, my land is small enough and my facade has stone features. if I have a tall 1.8m trees on my small front yard, then it will block the feature. Kind of a waste right? And the dead leaves and spiders web later on.

I think I'm just not a garden person. Heck, even when watching Better Homes and Garden, I always skip the garden bit :p
Uniquesyd-gf
Anyone know what happend with the golf course?are they moving?seems mirvac bought the land and would have project like mornington estate(holsworthy)

There is going to be about 400 lots on the western end of the existing golf course. The course is being redesigned with 7 holes being built on the southern side of the M5.
http://brightonlakes.mirvac.com/
Related
20/10/2023
Replacing masonite in an old home with a fair bit of soil mo

General Discussion

Hi, we live in an area where the black soil is prone to a lot of movement. We have an old 50's house with masonite everywhere and nails popping out, warping, rusted etc.…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum