Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building at George's Fair, Moorebank?

Page 291 of 306
Scared1stTimeBuilder
Hi guys
I wonder if you can help...did you have to cover electricity bills while building?
We are building with Wisdom.

Thanks for your feedback

Hi Scared1stTimeBuilder,
We built with Wisdom and had to cover the electricity bills. First bill we got was huge, but turned out it was an 'estimated' bill, not actual bill, which was much, much less. I checked with Wisdom, and they advised it was our responsibility.
kesrob
Scared1stTimeBuilder
Hi guys
I wonder if you can help...did you have to cover electricity bills while building?

Thanks for your feedback

Hi Scared1stTimeBuilder,
We built with Wisdom and had to cover the electricity bills. First bill we got was huge, but turned out it was an 'estimated' bill, not actual bill, which was much, much less. I checked with Wisdom, and they advised it was our responsibility.

Thanks Kesrob. We were told the same thing
Scared1stTimeBuilder
Hi guys

Thanks for your feedback

We built with Metricon but we have been in for 2 years now.
We did not pay any power or water bills during the build, as a matter of fact the power was not "turned on" that is meters were not installed at the meter panel until we moved in.
In my opinion it is the builder who should pay any power or water bills during the build after all you pay for the whole lot it in the end. Effectively all the trades that use your electricity are getting it for free and then billing you via Wisdom for using it. Sounds like a scam.
BillMac
Scared1stTimeBuilder
Hi guys

Thanks for your feedback

We built with Metricon but we have been in for 2 years now.
We did not pay any power or water bills during the build, as a matter of fact the power was not "turned on" that is meters were not installed at the meter panel until we moved in.
In my opinion it is the builder who should pay any power or water bills during the build after all you pay for the whole lot it in the end. Effectively all the trades that use your electricity are getting it for free and then billing you via Wisdom for using it. Sounds like a scam.

I agree with you BillMac
Apparently its in our contract that we have to cover the cost.
Not much we can do about it now
There have been a tonne of posts regarding this.. unfortunately owner pays (I guess Metricon is different)
Good for marina news , also , the landscape price may 20k around
hi everyone,I have questions about retaining walls. Developer required masonry retaining walls to be used, but I've seen people use treated pine retaining walls. Masonry walls are a lot more expensive than treated pine... Does it matter if I use pine retaining walls as others? What would happen?
Hi,
Has anyone heard any news about the Marina? I heard on Facebook that it was approved, but I didn't know if anyone had more solid information?
Thanks,
Kate
Very intriguing, is there any recent articles on the matter?
Hi, the marina was approved...very exciting times ahead!
Soon there will be a new golf club and a new marina!
marina approved?just waiting the last document announcement?
As I heard , it was public determination meeting today , hopefully they approved, but not receive any official
News, if someone can confirm.
Cool Marina approved now we need to get rid of that damn recycle plant once and for all, The fact the bridge was approved with the access way to allow truck access makes me think we have a huge fight on our hands,
krayzie
Cool Marina approved now we need to get rid of that damn recycle plant once and for all, The fact the bridge was approved with the access way to allow truck access makes me think we have a huge fight on our hands,

U already get formal news about marina ? Also , the truck is for construct the marina , how u fight ?lol
GF5119
hi everyone,I have questions about retaining walls. Developer required masonry retaining walls to be used, but I've seen people use treated pine retaining walls. Masonry walls are a lot more expensive than treated pine... Does it matter if I use pine retaining walls as others? What would happen?

This would be a Liverpool Council requirement. You could build it with timber but you may not get your Occupancy Certificate. Check with Liverpool Council or go to their website.
Everyone attentioned:

Marina Approved 25 Agust , enjoy.
anyone here have any reviews on NBN within Georges Fair? which ISP decent speeds etc?
Markxie
krayzie

U already get formal news about marina ? Also , the truck is for construct the marina , how u fight ?lol

Here is the official site about the Marina approval:

http://www.jrpp.nsw.gov.au/DevelopmentR ... fault.aspx
gf_aurora52XX_vp
anyone here have any reviews on NBN within Georges Fair? which ISP decent speeds etc?

We have been with Exetel since we moved in, they were the only ones at the time that recognised our existence. Initially they were pretty ordinary but they have picked up their game and their online assistance over the past 2 years.
I get download speeds of about 80 - 90 Mbps which is pretty cool. Upload is about 40.
BillMac
gf_aurora52XX_vp

We have been with Exetel since we moved in, they were the only ones at the time that recognised our existence. Initially they were pretty ordinary but they have picked up their game and their online assistance over the past 2 years.
I get download speeds of about 80 - 90 Mbps which is pretty cool. Upload is about 40.

thanks BillMac! I just signed-up to the 100/40 plan so hopefully I'll get the same also going with Exetel.
Iinet user 100/40 here.. once you have NBN.. nothing compares

Extel have much better plans. As long as the service is there, you shouldn't go wrong with them.
Related
20/10/2023
Replacing masonite in an old home with a fair bit of soil mo

General Discussion

Hi, we live in an area where the black soil is prone to a lot of movement. We have an old 50's house with masonite everywhere and nails popping out, warping, rusted etc.…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum