Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Bold Living Acreage build, Scenic Rim QLD - Slab Stage

Page 30 of 35
gr8ly
hahahha! that's awesome! i am just imagining you stalking progress. They are flying along! you must be so thrilled (and relieved) that they are doing an awesome job.

Hahahha Mrs stalker here
I can see the block when I come over the crest of the hill towards our Estate so I find I hold my breathe, as soon as I can see people onsite I cheer all the way down the hill into the street that runs along the back of our block. Only problem is I can’t tell what they are doing on the block until I drive past the at the driveway side. I am thrilled, Adam our SS said frames in May but I have no idea when.

kailie86
What!!!!! That’s amazing
🥂

So pumped, we had friends over for dinner to celebrate

Lot126
Tribe7
icat2000
Nice. When are they pouring the slab?

Now

YAAAAAAAAAAY!! I'm on my way to see if I also have a slab.

I checked your thread before mine ☹️ I hope it happens tomorrow for you
thanks for the kind wishes too

WifeofHunza
yipppeeeee! powering through Tribe

Uncanny WOH, I said to my husband on Anzac Day I wonder where WOH is and how she is going with her final approvals and start date. I hope everything is on track for you.

Thank you I am pumped at the progress

sunken media to the front, poor buggers had to build a bessa block wall at the front, core fill it with concrete and then form the slab around it.
Mr T checking it all out

looking back towards the street

So the concreters added the slab rebate for our stacker door, glad they did because I completely forgot about it 🤦🏼‍♀️

Pip is standing on the stacker door rebate, I took the photo from the island bench location, quite a pretty view from the kitchen (and when I screen out the neighbours with hedging
)

couldn’t help myself

We got slabbed hooorrraaayyy. The wait has been long but now it’s getting exciting, can’t wait for our frames to go up and our tiling, Im nervous about our monument render but I just need to breath.

We have a private contractor onsite today doing earth works for our shed slab, I’ll post pics this afternoon when it’s finished.

Shed will be installed in the next fortnight (I think mental note to self to follow that up tomorrow)

Awesome

Congrats on getting slabbed

Conslabulations Tribe!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Woohoooooo!!!!
Today we had our shed pad, driveway cut and rear batters fixed up. We did a cash job and it was a great deal, highly recommend Matty.

driveway cross over to the shed, we also had to remove a tree from the front of our block as it was right in the middle of the driveway

the driveway will be 9m wide at the shed and taper up to 4m wide at the cross over, roughly 120m2 of driveway
the boys will love it for bikes.

we have roughly 5m of side access left on the bottom side which will be handy with landscaping and the pool delivery

Lewy loved his turn in the digger

they also loved making gravel angles

I didn’t realize until I got home I caught Pip mid jump off the slab

haha gravel angels. I really look forward to your updates, so much fun
OMG!! Tribe your house progress is absolutely flying!! I haven't had a chance to get on here for a week or so and look what happens. Congrats on your slab, it looks amazing and huge haha. Looks like a kids dream with that long driveway and all that space. Can't wait to see you frames go up.
ok so your house looks like a palace already! your slab is huggeeeeeeee!
sunnycoastfirstbuild
OMG!! Tribe your house progress is absolutely flying!! I haven't had a chance to get on here for a week or so and look what happens. Congrats on your slab, it looks amazing and huge haha. Looks like a kids dream with that long driveway and all that space. Can't wait to see you frames go up.

Thanks Sunny, we are getting there that’s for sure. Won’t be much happening over the next 2 weeks while we wait on our slab to cook. The driveway will be awesome, hubby has requested a basketball hoop on the shed immediately, the kids will play for hours out there. The other nice part is the kids can ride there bikes all around our estate and I know they are safe

gr8ly
ok so your house looks like a palace already! your slab is huggeeeeeeee!

Your too kind Gr8ly, I think it looks a bit small to fit all the bedrooms. I just did furniture placement on our plans and no have to get rid of a set of bunks and buy a new bed for my 6 year old. Can’t say I’ll hate the shopping but it’s a pain in my bum

We got a fence, I laughed when I saw it as there are currently 6 houses being built in our estate and we are the only one with a fence. It’s the kind of area where you can leave your door unlock when you go to get the kids from school. I do this regularly but I haven’t figured out if it’s because I am getting senile in my old age or I’ve finally relaxed into the country life 🤷🏼‍♀️.

That's great Tribe! That's the way the world should be. Leaving houses and cars unlocked and then not having to worry about crime...if only that was everywhere. I bet you're going to love the country life!
Tribe - where is your favourite acerage display village?
alymei
Tribe - where is your favourite acerage display village?

Hey alymei,

I’ve only been to one acreage display village at that was at jimboomba woods. The Metricon Denver display is a beautiful home. Are there more acreage display villages? There is one at colleges crossing too?

The Crossing (at Colleges) are mostly half acres.

Jimboomba Woods is very nice...we went out there last weekend. The Denver is a great house, although the fancy facade they chose isn't really to our taste.
Related
31/10/2023
Acreage, double storey

Building A New House

We're in NSW, but designs from anywhere ok for inspo!

5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

15/02/2024
QLD - Builder finished without notifying Building Certifier

General Discussion

Hi, I contracted a Builder to do a Garage to Bedroom + ensuite conversion (Class 1a), the Builder engaged the Certifier and Engineer and received BDA from the Certifier…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum