Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building at Eden Grange Riverstone?

Page 30 of 48
Our solicitor came back with the same info after getting in touch with vendor solicitor. Feb is still on the cards.

We will be going 100% variable with Bankwest. We did receive unconditional approval on land and preapproval on home. Making the settlement less hassle.
I am just sending my first cranky email to my CSA. I emailed her yesterday for an update on whether my plans had been submitted or not. She replied saying they were still being worked on and she would let me know when they had been. Also could not even give me an idea on when registration of land is likely.

I have been waiting since Feb 2012!!!! That's almost two years and have not uttered a word of complaint to EB despite all the delays and setbacks. I was told in July 2012 that the houses would be built in the order in which the deposits were put down. Can't see this happening if my plans haven't even been submitted yet and registration is likely in Feb. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh........

I have also mentioned about the NBN cost as well. I'm sure they have charged me $800 plus and told me it was a compulsory payment.

Will see what she says. Thanks to everyone for all the info, without it I would still be sitting here none the wiser and EB trying to fob me off. This is the second time I have built with them so I really should know how things go by now....lol.

Hope everyone is well,

Lisa
This is the first time we have built, but I'm getting the impression this estate is taking much longer than others, am I right or wrong?
If so, what is the hold up? I understand that they had issues with roads etc but shouldn't all the plans etc be ready to submit to council, especially all who bought way back in 2012... Why are they still being worked on?
We also haven't winged to Eden Brae until yesterday when I enquiried about NBN, but since we handed over our money we have heard nothing from them, I would think they would contact us regularly to give us updates to where we are at... Which is a little dissapointing just from a customer service perspective.

I did forget about the Eden Brae connect service, so will log on tonight when my husband brings home the paper work he carries with him to work everyday in the hopes someone will contact him with some information! Lol

Good luck with your email Lisa, check your tender out as it shows weather you did or didn't pay for NBN, if you did then contact EB as we had no problems getting a refund on that.
Hi Guys please fill out the form i made to get a fencing indication and preferences

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1phgKHp ... Y/viewform
Done!
Done.
Done
Just realised that we are on page 30. Engagement and collaboration is growing by the day.
Yes it's great! Keeps us all motivated to keep going! Lol
Shellstar - I know I paid for the NBN as I was told that I had no choice in the matter, that it was part of the estate and DA etc, etc...
Wasn't happy at the time but it got added to the final total.
The Same happened for us, we assumed it was compulsory too as it was just added to out tender and we didn't question it at the time as we didn't know much about it, it was only talking to people on this forum that we soon realized that wasn't the case... they seem to be conceding defeat on this one, so i'm sure you will win on this one like the rest of us.
Hi all I just wanted to clarify the NBN connection fee. Are you referring to the cost to have Telstra supply it to the house or are you talking about the cost to have your house wired up for it which is through the electrical contract?
Deb
Marsh86
Hi Guys please fill out the form i made to get a fencing indication and preferences

Done
Deb
5Tevs
Hi all I just wanted to clarify the NBN connection fee. Are you referring to the cost to have Telstra supply it to the house or are you talking about the cost to have your house wired up for it which is through the electrical contract?
Deb

Hi Deb,
It was a charge on your tender (for us it was $860) I know some had it included on their tender which then would have been at no charge, but others were charged the fee, go through your tender and see if you can find the charge.
It wasn't the one raised at the electrical appointment if that helps.

Michelle
Shellstar76
5Tevs
Deb

Hi Deb,
It was a charge on your tender (for us it was $860) I know some had it included on their tender which then would have been at no charge, but others were charged the fee, go through your tender and see if you can find the charge.
It wasn't the one raised at the electrical appointment if that helps.

Michelle

Thanks
scubasteve_888
Honi74

Hi Paul,
I was just contacted today by Eden Brae to tell me they are submitting my plans to council today. Some must of been submitted earlier. Try and stay on top of Eden Brae. As for internet, there is NBN connected in the area. You need to ask them if they have it in your contract. They told me that I would have to pay extra for NBN as it wasn't included, but after speaking to others, I found out they were charging some of us and not charging others. So I posed the question to Eden Brae and they waived the fee. Check with them and make sure you have everything in writing. Hope that helps.

Hi Kim,

Thanks very much for the above information. I contacted Eden Brae this morning regarding this issue, and they are crediting me the money paid back for the NBN! You saved me $626! Much appreciated.

I recommend everyone do the same!

Steve

Hi Steve & Michelle,

The credit you guys have received for the NBN, was that for the pre-wiring for NBN? We were charged $675 in our electrical appointment. I was wondering if this is what you are all being credited for or something else?
Marsh86

Done
kimmid
scubasteve_888
Honi74

Hi Paul,
I was just contacted today by Eden Brae to tell me they are submitting my plans to council today. Some must of been submitted earlier. Try and stay on top of Eden Brae. As for internet, there is NBN connected in the area. You need to ask them if they have it in your contract. They told me that I would have to pay extra for NBN as it wasn't included, but after speaking to others, I found out they were charging some of us and not charging others. So I posed the question to Eden Brae and they waived the fee. Check with them and make sure you have everything in writing. Hope that helps.

Hi Kim,

Thanks very much for the above information. I contacted Eden Brae this morning regarding this issue, and they are crediting me the money paid back for the NBN! You saved me $626! Much appreciated.

I recommend everyone do the same!

Steve

Hi Steve & Michelle,

The credit you guys have received for the NBN, was that for the pre-wiring for NBN? We were charged $675 in our electrical appointment. I was wondering if this is what you are all being credited for or something else?

Hi Kim,

Yes, mine was for pre-wiring. It was all the cabling needed to connect to the NBN. Sounds like you're in a similar boat to most of us - get on to EBH.
Marsh86

Done
Marsh86
Hi All

Is anyone else looking to fix their loan on the land

I know for the construction loan it will have to be a Variable draw down facility so i will be looking to at least fix my land loan for 3 years

Wanted to see what others are thinking, i was just going to use Aussie Home Loans

Hi Marsh (Jason is it?)

My loan has been organised through Aussie Home Loans too as my Uncle manages a branch. He's told me to go with variable for the land and the house, then you can combine them and make them a fixed later on. If you make your land a fixed loan, then you will end up with two separate loans for however long you locked your fixed rate in for.
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum